PDA

View Full Version : The End

BackRoomKid
09-24-2004, 01:06 AM
The End in FFVIII? what's that about? I used the Search Engine but I couldn't find anything on it...I'll keep looking but if anyone can post anything, it'd be appreciated

Xander
09-24-2004, 03:01 PM
I have no idea, but I put this into a thread in the FFVIII forum for you, since you're more likely to get an answer here than it being in that FFX thread. ^_^

Rusty
09-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Do you mean Selphie's limit break?

Polaris
09-24-2004, 03:37 PM
is the end of the ff8 or selphies limit break?

HunterFlamebrow
09-25-2004, 12:08 AM
Assuming he's refering to the end of the game, here's a newb's perspective:

After you defeat True Ultimecia, she kills all of your remaining characters, meaning that your whole party is 'absorbed into time'. Taking Laguna's somewhat cheesy advice (use love friendship and courage to find your way),the party manages to find its way back into the 'regular' time stream. Of the six, the only two whose journey is covered are Squall's and Rinoa's. Squall does not remember his promise to Rinoa about where they will meet (at Edea's orphanage), but Rinoa does. Unfortuneately, he is not there. Now comes the confusing part: a white angel feather (Rinoa's symbol) appears before Squall. When he grasps it, he is transported to the flower field [kind of looks like the field in Selphie's limit break, doesn't it?]. However, he is tormented by memories of the day when they met, and all that came after. He is sent back to the vast 'plain of despair' and collapses. Rinoa finds him, and by the power of love, friendship, and courage (especially the first, I think), they are brought back to the real world's orphanage. Everything else is self-explanatory.

Personally, I believe that the memory of the day he and Rinoa met causes Squall so much pain because it symbolizes that he was heartless, only following orders (and he still is somewhat angsty). Note that all the memories we see are either of violence (Squall being chased by X-ATMS3 or whatever in Dollet, Selphie attacking Lunatic Pandora in the Ragnorak, etc) or Rinoa. The scenes of Rinoa are blurred, and her face blinks back between herself, Seifer (her former lover, and Squall's rival) and Ultimecia (her possesor, and possibly her evil side). Both show the negative aspects of her. These negative memories come upon him because even at that point in the game, he still is somewhat of a pessimist, not fully trusting in his feelings of Rinoa. It is only her love for him that saves him.

I think other strange events (how does the feather appear in front of Squall? How is Rinoa transported to Edea's orphanage? etc?) can be attributed to either the strange nature of the anti-time place, or . . . you guessed it, the power of love, friendship and courage! :D

BackRoomKid
09-25-2004, 01:53 AM
wow...ummm....sorry to kinda mislead u guys, I was talking about "The End" being sum kind of attack. I've beat the game plenty of times and know the whole scoop. As soon as I was looking on the FFX-2 forums I noticed someone saying "Is Finale similer to THE END in FFVIII?" I never heard of that before. So it's Selphie's Limit break huh? What happened to Slots? How do you get it?

Oh and thanx for posting my question as a thread. LOL...I saw it and was like "wtf? I don't remeber posting a Thread?"

Ancient Goddess
09-25-2004, 02:30 AM
You get it randomly in the slots by selecting "Do Over". It's either gained by level or getting new weapons...I can't remember which.

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 03:28 AM
It's the best attack in the game, it can be attained VERY VERY VERY rarely through Selphies Limit Break, when you get it the screen goes to a grassy field scene and The End appears, you then win the battle, this move can win any battle, even vs. Omega Weapon, in 1 hit.

blacktrance
09-26-2004, 03:06 AM
Except for Undead Monsters.

razor248725
09-26-2004, 02:21 PM
if you have all of selphies other limit breaks you can get the end rather easily, believe it or not. i was tearing my hair out because i couldnt get it but all you have to do if get her at lv.100 and junction 100x ultima to luck, and once in a battle cast regen or somthing like that on selphie then get her limit break menu thingo up and keep selecting do over, but remember to actually read what it say first, dont just stare into space because you might skip it accidently!!

Ancient Goddess
09-26-2004, 07:32 PM
...but remember to actually read what it say first, dont just stare into space because you might skip it accidently!!

Yes, this is true...I've done that too many times when I was playing the game. Especially in the fight with Diablos, and I kept being trigger-happy and skipped over "Full Cure" like 5 times....Diablos basically just laughed and finished off the rest of my team.

...and it was so early in the game that I didn't have any Lifes or Full-Lifes to revive them or equipped anyone with the Item ability.

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 04:58 AM
Just choose her limit break and then open the playstation lid, the game will stop spinning and the enemy will not be able to calculate commands, so you can go as slow as you want safely, then once you see "the end" close the lid and select it, TA-DA!

Starcrest
09-28-2004, 01:50 AM
there's alot of glitches like that where you can open the lid, it's just kinda odd. though that way is somewhat, if not alot, cheap, imo

razor248725
09-28-2004, 02:25 AM
im not sure if that lid opening stuff actually works. the game is kind of frozen and i think that the list of commands when you press do over are in a pattern because the game is frozen and cant have any new abilities show up. so it goes (example) fire, demi, life, blizzard (etc, etc) then it starts again, and the end isnt likely to be in it because its so rare to get. i hope that made sense!