PDA

View Full Version : Kuja. A crossdresser AND a villain! WOW!

Levian
09-24-2004, 07:58 PM
Ok, am I the only one who finds Kuja extremely annoying?. He's always walking around with a devious music playing in the background and at the same time talking to himself about his disasterous plan that will make him ruler of the earth. All he ever does up until disc 4 is talk to himself about his plan over and over again. And he doesn't even look like a guy. He looks like a girl. His hair, his clothes and face. I know the game is made in Japan, but come on! Well, I'll never accept Kuja as a villain, he's just stupid and cocky. Don't get me wrong, I love FFIX, but I dislike Kuja. stupid ass :/

Psychotic
09-24-2004, 08:08 PM
One word: Thong.

Cz
09-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Kuja isn't great, but Dark Messenger is, so I'm afraid I'll have to disagree, on the grounds that his Boss Music is awesome.

Levian
09-24-2004, 09:15 PM
....Who's the dark messenger?

Old Manus
09-24-2004, 09:21 PM
The Dark Messenger is Kuja, and his trance kuja boss music is called "The Dark messenger".

Yes all villians are usually mad and talk to themselves. It's because they were bullies at school and now have no friends, kids!

Levian
09-24-2004, 09:33 PM
Oh, I don't remember how that music go, but it sure won't ruin my annoyance of Kuja :} It'll remain just as high, I presume.

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 12:25 AM
and he had as purpose for acting the ways that he did, unlike some guy we all know cough*seph*cough ...

Boy, so many people love Final Fantasy VII for all the wrong reasons, I guess people badmouth it for all the wrong reasons also. I have a question to the entire world, did one person even understand this game? All anyone got out of Final Fantasy VII was "Seph had a big swwrede and kill poepeol!!11!!! (WTF 11! = teHJ SUJX!!)"

I guess it's a common thing that people find out that they've really been dead for years, and the self that is living is only a laboratory experiment and clone, and that you've been lied to the entire time into believing something else when in reality you're nothing more than the monsters created in the same sorts of freak laboratory experiments.

Hmmm, maybe it's not that there was no reason behind Sephiroth's actions, but rather that you slept through 80% of the game just like everyone else who loves or hates this game for reasons they themselves fail to understand.

ANYHOW! I loved Kuja, he was a solid villain and, perhaps it's just me, but I think physical frailty, pseudo-homosexuality and/or homosexual traits are good villain traits. Worked well for Kefka, worked well for Kuja. The idea of a "pretty boy" being capable of so much demise is so much more powerful of a statement than a big burly bad-ass. To me at least.

Craig
09-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Kuja is a pretty good villian, he was more human thn others and showed the selfishness and will to live that humans show.. he just went the wrong way about it, he was also a spoiled brat in my opinion, can't quite remember the story now but I think it goes something like this

Garland: That's it Kuja no more immortality for you
Kuja: Waaaah if I can't live no one will!

And yea the Fight music to Trance Kuja rocks, the start reminds me of that we will rock you song.

Ancient Goddess
09-25-2004, 01:38 AM
Boy, am I so sick of hearing that Kuja is a crossdresser.

He was the best Final Fantasy villain mainly because he did his job so well. In the beginning of the game you catch glimpses of him but you don't really know who he is. Then you gain insight of him somewhere in the 2nd disc.

He didn't just announce his plans of destruction aloud, he also made it poetic. Kuja didn't say, "I'm going to reign destruction....blah, blah....death...blah....enslave....blah". He made his plans known through flowing words and that was a plus for me, since I love poetry.

He was powerful and he knew it. You ACTUALLY saw him in the game often, rather than the "almighty" Sephiroth. And in the end he admitted what he did was wrong, and even if he had a chance to go back in time, he wouldn't change a thing that he did.

Some people can't get past his looks, and unfortunately, they will not know the great character he was.

Lon611
09-25-2004, 02:13 AM
All he ever does up until disc 4 is talk to himself about his plan over and over again.

oky doky. i love ffix too, but i don't think kuja talks about his plan until disk 4. i think he's a lil smarter than that, but im too lazy to post why, mostly because i also agree with everything thats been said :rolleyes2

And he doesn't even look like a guy. He looks like a girl. His hair, his clothes and face. I know the game is made in Japan, but come on!

i don't kno what where the game was made have nething 2 do with the characters....neways, i don't see the resemblance between him and a women. yes, he speaks like he's shakespeare, and his clothes are a lil....well, you know. but then again, ffix isn't supposed 2 be real. black mages?rats?dudes with tails?summoners with horns?get the idea?

in fact, in the ending, i found him to look like a cartoon version of sephiroth when zidane tries to save him in the iifa tree :greenie:

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 03:35 AM
It's weird that you don't think so, they almost have the same reason.

Kuja wants to destroy everything, because he knows he's going to die, and he can't stand that the world is going to exist without him, so he decides, if he dies, everything dies.

Sephiroth wants to destroy everything because he knows he's already died. He can't stand knowing that he's just a monster and laboratory experiment, and in a sociopathic attempt to be reborn decides to 3/4 of the way destroy the planet so he will be absorbed into it as pure energy and emerge a god among it.

They were Both created, both couldn't stand a revelation about their lives, and they took basically the same actions.

It's fine to like Kuja more or even hate Sephiroth. I just don't see your logic when you say he was uninspired and Kuja was.

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 04:35 AM
Well, sure... I like Kuja more than Sephiroth also, but for the reasons I listed earlier.

DJZen
09-25-2004, 05:02 AM
What? You thought Kuja looked like a girl? Damn, you must know some fairly mannish ladies.

Necronopticous
09-25-2004, 05:32 AM
I think Kuja should have settled down and written poetry instead of get all evil. He probably could have produced some killer reads.

Levian
09-25-2004, 10:11 AM
oky doky. i love ffix too, but i don't think kuja talks about his plan until disk 4.

That's pretty much all he ever does up until disk 4. Sure, he doesn't talk about his main plan, but he talk about all his sub plans with himself while laughing, being all cocky and annoying, thinking he's better than everyone else. I just find him annoying. I'll be dissapointed if he's not the last boss. That way I can't kill him >:/

What? You thought Kuja looked like a girl? Damn, you must know some fairly mannish ladies.

Or maybe you know some fairly feminine guys. Or perhaps you like anime, I don't know.

Anyway, I suck at explaining my thoughts, but I'll try even so. I guess his cockyness is what annoyed me in the first place, and the fact that I thought he was a girl until someone referred to him in a male-ish way kinda brought it further, and the fact that he speaks to himself like another idiot all the time until disc 4, and lets bahamut do the dirty work. I have yet to see Kuja actually fighting for himself, instead of ordering others to fight for him all the time. No, I haven't finished FFIX so I don't know yet. I'm playing through it at the moment, actually.

Lon611
09-25-2004, 04:02 PM
you don't like villians that are cocky?hmmmm...i can't realy think of a villian that wasn't cocky. thats one of the reasons they're villians.

if it helps you get less annoyed, ignore your friend and continue to think he's a woman. that way it wouldn't be so weird 2 you if he was feminine :D

Del Murder
09-25-2004, 05:31 PM
He looked a little feminine, and showed too much skin for my tastes, but that didn't take away from the fact that he was one evil sumbitch. Well it did a little, but not enough for me to think that he wasn't one of the greatest villains ever.

Optium
09-25-2004, 06:23 PM
The best villain of all time (Legato from Trigun) was pretty feminine. That's
what made him such a great villain. He didn't have some deep voice and
scars all over his face. He had a very melodic voice and a pretty puny
body.

.opt

Ezme
09-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Kuja rocks; the end. The best villian and the best music (dark mesinger)

Ouch!
09-25-2004, 09:41 PM
Like many posts in this threads, spoilers abound.

First of all, I'm not going to compare Kuja to any other villain just because I don't want to get into the fight about who is better and whatnot. Kuja is my favorite villain, but that's all I'll say on that matter.

Like many have said, he wasn't the typical villain. He had a clear motive. He was created for the sole purpose of destroying Gaia so that the assimilation of Gaia and Terra would go smoothly. Garland had created him to do his dirty work. That was all he lived for and then what does Garland do? He goes and creates Zidane, who rendered Kuja useless. Zidane was created better in every way, but before he could live up to his potential, Kuja dumped him on Gaia so that he could continue being Garland's angel of death.

So naturally, he continues on like he's Garland's puppet. But who wouldn't be angry about that? Garland tried to replace him, obviously he's going to be spiteful. So he starts to defy Garland, which eventually leads to Garland destroying Alexander to spite Kuja.

When you first meet Kuja at the end of the first disc, he looks at Zidane, Vivi and Freya defeated and says, "This one will be a problem." At the time, you probably think he's refering to Vivi, as he's one of his creations that's running around out with a will of his own. Later you realize he's refering to Zidane. The one who is going to realize his power and become stronger than Kuja ever could be.

When he realizes that Zidane is stronger and that he has no chance, he naturally gets pissed off and seeks revenge through the motive, "If I can't live, nobody can." And tries to destroy existence by destroying the crystal that brings life.

What's my point? Kuja is human. Well, human in the sense that he has emotion. His whole motive was jelousy. He was upset that he could be tossed aside so easily, so he fought to be the one in power. When he realized that in the end, he couldn't win, he did everything he could to make sure nobody else could win.

And when Zidane, being the nice guy he is, goes into the Iifa tree to save Kuja, Kuja acknowledges that what he did was wrong, but he never regrets it. To the end, his emotions ruled him. Emotion was one thing that most villains lack, and that's why I think Kuja kicks ass.

As far as his appearance, it didn't really throw me off so much. Sure, he's a pretty boy, but it's refreshing to see someone who is not some testosterone filled guy who looks like he's beefed up on steroids.

Like others have said, Dark Messenger is awesome. Best boss music, second only One Winged Angel. Kuja's Theme is also awesome. Immoral Melody is even better.

Trumpet Thief
09-25-2004, 09:50 PM
chaos: Actually, I loved Kuja. He had excellent character development. In the beginning, he would just use others as puppets, then discard them, until Zidane and crew become too much of a nuisance for him. That is when he discovers the power of trance from Madeen, Eiko's eidolion. After that, he is bent on gaining that power.

Albedo: *smiles happily* He tried really hard, and it worked. That's when he uses his special powers to blow up Terra.

Rubedo: I guess... Anyways, the dark Messenger with Kuja and Garland and Zidane's past was great. It reminds me of the Rubedo-Nigredo-Albedo cycle from Xenosaga. My point is that Kuja was a great villan.

Trowa: As already mentioned, his theme was great too.

chaos: I agree, dark messenger was great!

Trowa: The only flaw in our opinion was letting Necron become the final boss. Other than that, he was great.

Ouch!
09-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Trowa: The only flaw in our opinion was letting Necron become the final boss. Other than that, he was great.
Necron wasn't that surprising, they did mention a guardian of the crystal. Generally, they don't just mention things on the fly if they're not going to make use of it.

Trumpet Thief
09-25-2004, 10:24 PM
chaos: I suppose. Although at first I didn't really understand his role..

nik0tine
09-28-2004, 07:24 AM
Kuja, in my opinion, is a great villian, because he totally epitomizes the things that madehim a villian in the first place: Human weakness. Final Fantasy IX is a story about human nature more than anything else. The game shows a clash between human weakness, and human strengths. Everything that motivates kuja is negative, whereas *most* things that motivate zidane are positive. It shows that with determination, and a positive outlook, great things can be accomplished. Id go into how zidane shows how to be a good person, but this is a thread about kuja.

Ancient Goddess
09-28-2004, 03:53 PM
***MAJOR SPOILERS, so beware***

Like many posts in this threads, spoilers abound.

First of all, I'm not going to compare Kuja to any other villain just because I don't want to get into the fight about who is better and whatnot. Kuja is my favorite villain, but that's all I'll say on that matter.

Like many have said, he wasn't the typical villain. He had a clear motive. He was created for the sole purpose of destroying Gaia so that the assimilation of Gaia and Terra would go smoothly. Garland had created him to do his dirty work. That was all he lived for and then what does Garland do? He goes and creates Zidane, who rendered Kuja useless. Zidane was created better in every way, but before he could live up to his potential, Kuja dumped him on Gaia so that he could continue being Garland's angel of death.

So naturally, he continues on like he's Garland's puppet. But who wouldn't be angry about that? Garland tried to replace him, obviously he's going to be spiteful. So he starts to defy Garland, which eventually leads to Garland destroying Alexander to spite Kuja.

When you first meet Kuja at the end of the first disc, he looks at Zidane, Vivi and Freya defeated and says, "This one will be a problem." At the time, you probably think he's refering to Vivi, as he's one of his creations that's running around out with a will of his own. Later you realize he's refering to Zidane. The one who is going to realize his power and become stronger than Kuja ever could be.

When he realizes that Zidane is stronger and that he has no chance, he naturally gets pissed off and seeks revenge through the motive, "If I can't live, nobody can." And tries to destroy existence by destroying the crystal that brings life.

What's my point? Kuja is human. Well, human in the sense that he has emotion. His whole motive was jelousy. He was upset that he could be tossed aside so easily, so he fought to be the one in power. When he realized that in the end, he couldn't win, he did everything he could to make sure nobody else could win.

And when Zidane, being the nice guy he is, goes into the Iifa tree to save Kuja, Kuja acknowledges that what he did was wrong, but he never regrets it. To the end, his emotions ruled him. Emotion was one thing that most villains lack, and that's why I think Kuja kicks ass.

As far as his appearance, it didn't really throw me off so much. Sure, he's a pretty boy, but it's refreshing to see someone who is not some testosterone filled guy who looks like he's beefed up on steroids.

Like others have said, Dark Messenger is awesome. Best boss music, second only One Winged Angel. Kuja's Theme is also awesome. Immoral Melody is even better.

Wow...for the most part, almost everything you've said are things I tell people when I get into the argument of who was the greatest villian. Kuja is the best, since he had a good motive, and you could actually see him changing throughout the game. Almost everything in here are statements I agree with.

Actually, he wanted to destroy everything because Garland decided to leave him a little tidbit of information before Kuja did him in for the Alexander incident...not exactly connected with Zidane's strength or even jelousy. He told Kuja that he had a time limit on his life and that he was going to die soon. Up until that point in time, he thought he was immortal, that he could do anything he wanted and face no consequences for it.

Zidane's existence was really just an annoyance...Kuja had really no regards for him in the game, other than manipulating him. His blood never really boiled when he saw him. I mean, of course we know that Kuja threw the protagonist from his planet...but we never saw that in the game. If Garland hadn't mentioned anything about that incident, then we probably would have thought that Kuja had never even met Zidane until the game begins...I really always thought Kuja could care less about Zidane until the end of the 4th disc. Even when the hero came to destroy his plans, Kuja doesn't really show any rage towards the character or plots to fully destroy him. He just deals with him, shrugs, and then goes on his merry way to complete his own tasks.

When Bahamut injured him at the Iifa tree, he was shocked to find that he could actually bleed. And when the surprise wore off, he laughed it off and claimed that only Bahamut could be so powerful to draw his blood. The decision to steal the legendary eidolon was made right then and there. Hence when he uses the Invincible to convert the King of Dragons onto his side and kill off Brahne.

But he was able to draw a conclusions when he 'visits' Garland in Terra. When his former master tells him that there was a limit on his life, he goes ballistic and blows up Terra in anger. All of his hard work and past dedication was terminated in the act. His reason for existence, as it has been said, was gone. And with that, he decided to wipe out existence because he was going to die. If you remember, before the last fight he says something along the lines of: "Ah well...I was going to die anyway...But I'm not going alone...I'm taking you all with me!"

I love Kuja, because he actually showed his weakness: his fear of death, and was not afraid to reveal it. That was the basis of why he showed his emotions more than some other popular villains.

Other than that...I think we agree with each other. It's good to know that someone else thinks almost identical about him without telling me I'm insane for liking the scantily-dressed villain from IX (and in most cases, get over it and appreciate Sephiroth).

END NOTE: And someone mentioned Legato Bluesummers in here....yes, he is also another one of my favorites...but that's a different story.

Thaliel
09-28-2004, 04:49 PM
*peeks 'round the corner* remember me?

NEways, I like Kuja *obviously*. He is just extraordinary in abilities, appearance and personality. I want to glomp him ^.^

The Man
09-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Kuja was, to me, the most effective villain in the Final Fantasy series. I've gone into why elsewhere at length, but let's just say that he managed to make his rather whacked motives perfectly understandable.

XxSephirothxX
09-29-2004, 01:49 AM
I thought Kuja was a good villain. He was powerful, menacing, and everything else you love to hate...and not at all stereotypical. No denying that he looked like a woman, though. :D

HunterFlamebrow
10-02-2004, 02:50 AM
Two things to consider about Kuja's sexuality:
a) his feminine looks are much like Sephiroth's; it's a style of anime called bishounen (or something like that).
b) although this hasn't really been discussed, he is clearly not gay. Pay attention to how he treats Garnet on disc 2 in Brahne's castle. He is very domineering over her, as if she belongs to him. Yes, this sounds stupid in text, but play through that bit and think of him as homosexual. It just doesn't fit. I'd call him 'flamboyant' and leave it at that.

He is one of my favorite villains, out of all of the Square games. Lavos was hardly sentinent, Ultimecia was hardly developed, and I didn't like Sephiroth (Eve from PE was pretty cool though . . . ). His motivation is fascinating. It appears at first to be simplistic and unimaginativly contrived, but it turns into something much more than that . . .

The Dark Messanger, though, while cool, is NOT the best final boss battle music. I would give that honor to either The Legendary Beast (Griever's) or The Extreme (Ultimecia's). Not OWA either.

(note: I'm a newb, can someone PM me and tell me how to get spoilers not to appear; all of the colors in the menu show up on the blue background, and I'm at a loss for how to proceed.)

bEoWuLfX
10-03-2004, 02:06 AM
well let's just say that kuja beats the crap out of altamecia. Honestly by the time I was at the end of 8 I was like why am I fighting her again? I guess taking over the world is not as threatening as destroying it.

Dark_Sephiroth666
10-27-2004, 02:57 AM
I hate it how everyone says that Kuja looks like a woman. I know he does, but can't you just leave it be?? I actually like that image.... :D

Itsunari 2000
11-17-2004, 05:32 PM
Kuja is clearly a realistic and well-developed character. His aspirations of world domination and a " reign of terror and destruction " were in his eyes , righteous and justified. Kuja liked to deify himself as this god-like " angel of death " whose machinations would herald a "glorious "new age for Gaia and it's inhabitants - like so many others , Kuja's warped ambitions eventually came to consume him. Garland's revelation that he was not invincible clearly had a devastating impact upon Kuja's already unstable mind. His explosion into a mad , berserk rage represented the total collapse of all stability and reason in his mind , and any regard for the lives of thousands was coincidentally destroyed along with Terra.

Kuja's violent rejection of his foretold fate represents the average human beings innate fear of eventual and impending death - at some point throughout their lives , human beings will contemplate the concept of their own death , and seeing it as unavoidable , they either develop an aversion to it , or they accept it as their fate. Kuja followed the latter - yet even by accepting his impending doom , amidst the chaotic turmoil that had consumed him in Terra, one last ambition remained for him to fulfill. His attempts to destroy the crystal and thus , utterly wipe everyone out of existence were the product of intense suicidal despair and an undying determination to fulfill his mission.

In this way , Kuja is clearly a complex and realistic character who deserves recognition as one of the greatest villains of the FF series ...

J@k35000
11-18-2004, 02:10 AM
kuja is perhaps the greatest villain ever imo, so i would have to disagree.
he wasn't the stereotypical villain with huge muscles, or a huge sword, he had magic. and he had as purpose for acting the ways that he did, unlike some guy we all know cough*seph*cough ...
die, just die now. I WORSHIOP SEPHIROTH (MAY HE LIVE FOREVER)

Itsunari 2000
11-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Sephiroth is a cardboard cut-out of a character compared to Kuja.

So there.

J@k35000
11-19-2004, 01:35 AM
sephiroth is god, he will be waiting there at the gates of video game heaven. he rules all, and kuja would fall in half a heart beat.

Ryth
11-19-2004, 02:43 AM
He's pretty cool he can talk too much at times and I was confused and wondered if it was a boy or girl and he looked like a clown with the white make-up but I did like his plan and all it was cool he was better than the Scorceress for sure to me. Sephiroth is the video game God!

SupersaiyenKuja4
11-19-2004, 03:47 AM
Sephiroth will lay Kuja out in a hot minute
sephiroth//SUPERNOVA//
kuja is at a few hundred hp
kuja//CURAGA//, kujas hp is a round 7000
sephiroth//BREAK// minus another 5000 hp
kuja//FLARE STAR//
miss!!
sephiroth//PALE HORSE//
kuja's a frog!
kuja//CAN'T CAST//
sephiroth//DEEN//
its over...

SupersaiyenKuja4
11-19-2004, 05:43 AM
...kuja can only do Ultima when he loses the battle

and sephiroth is more powerful physically(obviously) AND magically because even though he wuz half- dead at the crater he still had the magical capacity to summon a meteor to accomplish his will

Dark Matter
11-19-2004, 02:31 PM
Kuja's violent rejection of his foretold fate represents the average human beings innate fear of eventual and impending death - at some point throughout their lives , human beings will contemplate the concept of their own death , and seeing it as unavoidable , they either develop an aversion to it , or they accept it as their fate. Kuja followed the latter - yet even by accepting his impending doom , amidst the chaotic turmoil that had consumed him in Terra, one last ambition remained for him to fulfill. His attempts to destroy the crystal and thus , utterly wipe everyone out of existence were the product of intense suicidal despair and an undying determination to fulfill his mission.I agree with you. But I think that Kuja followed the former. Kuja never accepted his fate.
That's why he attempted to destoy everthing!! Because Kuja'd no choice, Kuja's all alone!
Proof:
Mikoto: Kuja... What you did was wrong... But you gave us one thing... Hope... We were all created for the wrong reason, but you alone defied our fate. We do not want to forget this. We want your memory to live on forever...
...to remind us that we were not created for the wrong reason-that our life has meaning.

Besides, Kuja's hiding his tail .....
Proof:
Zidane: Kuja!? He's a Genome!? Impossible! He doesn't even have a tail...
Garland: He is only hiding it. He denies his own identity. He rejects the meaning of his existence and tries to assert his own individuality. Don't you see resemblance?

If you remember, before the last fight he says something along the lines of: "Ah well...I was going to die anyway...But I'm not going alone...I'm taking you all with me!"Yes!! If I die, I'll bring my PS2, PS, FF, ..... (or the most valuable asset) along ... I'm not going alone .... Wow, Kuja can read me. I'm just like him!! Actually, everyone'd act like this, right??

And when Zidane, being the nice guy he is, goes into the Iifa tree to save Kuja, Kuja acknowledges that what he did was wrong, but he never regrets it. To the end, his emotions ruled him. Emotion was one thing that most villains lack, and that's why I think Kuja kicks ass.Every life's emotions, esp villains. But we fail to understand them. And, Kuja regreted. That's why he saved Zidane & his comrades. Before we die, we'll think of many funny things like .... Geez, we don't know unless the time comes. Well, Zidane's a nice guy because he understands Kuja. So, Zidane decided to save Kuja.
Proof:
Kuja: Your comrades were able to escape?
Zidane: Yea... I knew you had something to do with it.
Kuja: ...I'm glad they made it.

SupersaiyenKuja4
11-20-2004, 09:27 PM
There was no battle going on in Terra when Kuja destroyed it with Ultima.

:mad2: well i'll have u kno that i JUST got through playin that part and YOU ARE COMPLETELY...

right :D

damn, that scene wuz hot...
i'm not too sure WHO'S better now...

SeeDRankLou
11-23-2004, 01:02 AM
The Ultima thing was cool, that's what an Ultima spell should do. What did it for me was when Kuja stood against the Bahamut barrage and didn't flinch. That was awesome. I think Kuja is at least in the top three of best FF villains if not the best.

Slade
12-01-2004, 08:27 PM
Kuja was cool. And he had awsome music. Kuja, Seymor and any of the Sorcersses (apart from Adel) were my fav villans. I also thought Kefka from 6 was cool to. I used to like Sephiroth....but hes boring now.
Anyway, Kuja. Yes he does look like a girl and yes its weird but i think maybe square was trying to make up for Adel looking like a guy! :D (dam that freaked me out)

Wondering Soul
12-18-2004, 04:58 PM
There is no denying that Kuja was extremely camp. But at less he wasn't trying to act like a badass the whole game. Beside his battle music was great stuff.

Rykashi
01-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Kuja is definately the best FF villan of the series. They made it so it was also possible to sympathize with him, instead of just making so you were happy when he died. I don't recall being sad at all when Sephiroth or Ultameca died. I do remember being very upset when Kuja died, and felt very sorry for him when Zidane was all like "Don't you die on me now" and Kuja didn't believe he deserved to live anymore.
All i remember thinking after I beat Sephiroth was, "Yes! he's gone!"

And as far as his clothes go...get off of it! That's the first thing everyone thinks of and it's so annoying because then they don't appreciate him for the well-developed character he is!!

Narcissus Reborn
01-28-2005, 12:10 AM
Hurrah Kuja!
I personally won't respond to witless comments about how much like a woman he looks like, looks are not what one should base their reasoning on what makes a good villan, that makes you shallow... nothing more. and that's all I want to say on that topic.

And for his "Wah, no more immortality, must take revenge on world" bit... First of all, he's young as hell... okay bad analogy, but he's not you're properly upraised kid around 30 some. I can't remember how old, but hardly an adult. He knows he's gonna die because of his younger brother, a player who can't do anything but steal and kidnap while living in the slums. How many of you got mad at your sibling when he/she was playing with one of your toys when you were young? Well Kuja had every right to get angry when his brother was gonna to take his life from him without doing anything to deserve it.
i want to make an apology to everyone who likes Zidane, I'm fond of him too, but I was just trying to see it from Kuja's eyes.

I don't wanna bash Sephiroth or any other FF villan, so I won't, that's childish.
Also Kuja is not wearing a actual thong, I'm not sure what it is, but he's not the first to wear oddly revealing clothes. And he won't be the last (cause I'm dressing as him for cosplay at the next Convention in Columbus! ^^)

An one last thing, It's a common misconception that Kuja wants to "take over the world" but he doesn't. He just doesn't want anyone to live as long as he could goo on living too, alittle selfish, yeah, but that's why he's the villan, a good one at that. You can't beat up a villan everyone agrees with perfectly. So I respect everyone who expressed their reason for disliking Kuja with out lowering yourself to the level of a senseless brute.

strawberryman
01-28-2005, 12:49 AM
Kuja is clearly a realistic and well-developed character. His aspirations of world domination and a " reign of terror and destruction " were in his eyes , righteous and justified. Kuja liked to deify himself as this god-like " angel of death " whose machinations would herald a "glorious "new age for Gaia and it's inhabitants - like so many others , Kuja's warped ambitions eventually came to consume him. Garland's revelation that he was not invincible clearly had a devastating impact upon Kuja's already unstable mind. His explosion into a mad , berserk rage represented the total collapse of all stability and reason in his mind , and any regard for the lives of thousands was coincidentally destroyed along with Terra.

Kuja's violent rejection of his foretold fate represents the average human beings innate fear of eventual and impending death - at some point throughout their lives , human beings will contemplate the concept of their own death , and seeing it as unavoidable , they either develop an aversion to it , or they accept it as their fate. Kuja followed the latter - yet even by accepting his impending doom , amidst the chaotic turmoil that had consumed him in Terra, one last ambition remained for him to fulfill. His attempts to destroy the crystal and thus , utterly wipe everyone out of existence were the product of intense suicidal despair and an undying determination to fulfill his mission.

In this way , Kuja is clearly a complex and realistic character who deserves recognition as one of the greatest villains of the FF series ...
I agree. No offense, But I'm still wondering about wether he's a guy or not. That is the only thing that freaks me out about him. Oddly he's still one of my favorites.

Anyway, Kuja. Yes he does look like a girl and yes its weird but i think maybe square was trying to make up for Adel looking like a guy!

ahh...that might be it.

i think I know where his theme came from. Listen to the music from the Jacohl cave in FF5, and kujas theme (any of them),and you might hear some similarities.

I Don't Need A Name
01-28-2005, 04:19 PM
He looks like a girl. His hair, his clothes and face.
at first me and my brother thought he/she was a woman

Shoden
01-28-2005, 04:46 PM
i like Kuja but i think Sephiroth is WAY better because the sephiroth you see in the game of ff7 are actually clones who are under the influence of Jenova. Kuja has a bad outfit and look makes he think him as a transvestite no offence but he doesnt seem fit to be the ultimate villain neither Sephiroth we need to have a villain both amstered with strength and spirit as Kuja was physically weak and soft as a sponge while Sephiroth was near immortal he mastered all his materia and spells could handle a sword no one else could making him a great villain just that he was dead was the problem but we know that villains are only human and Kuja was a genome a puppet afraid of death.

Sephiroth was under the control of Jenova thats what made him evil so technically he wasnt a pernament villain

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-10-2005, 04:22 AM
have any of you played kingdom hearts? Sephiroth was nearly impossible 2 beat!

Destai
02-10-2005, 05:27 PM
I liked Kuja, Sure he wasnt manliness in a can but I love a villain to be manipulative and scheming and if it was up to me it would be more covered below the waist but I did think he lloked interesting. The feathery hair was cool too.

Slade
02-10-2005, 08:14 PM
have any of you played kingdom hearts? Sephiroth was nearly impossible 2 beat!

Yes ive played kingdom hearts and yep Sephiroth is extremely hard to beat...havnt done it yet. But at least i can hit him and actually take something off unlike the ice titan who i cant seem to take any heath off!

K-chan
02-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Stay on topic peoples... ^_^;;

Anyways, I think Narcissus Reborn made a very good point.

Anyway, Kuja. Yes he does look like a girl and yes its weird but i think maybe square was trying to make up for Adel looking like a guy!

I'd like to see more threads like this in the FF8 forum. ^^

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-10-2005, 11:38 PM
your right we should stay on topic.Kuja a villian and a cross dresser...........wow.thats kind of creepy!

DocFrance
02-11-2005, 01:23 AM
I think it's funny and rather telling that most of the people who support Kuja are discussing his motives, his emotions, etc... while the people who support Sephiroth are pretty much just saying "OMG SEPIROHT RULZ WIT TEH MASAMUN."

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-15-2005, 10:42 PM
well we cant talk about sephy's motives. Seeing as they were jenovas and he had nothing to do with it!

Quina
02-16-2005, 05:02 AM
I think I have that same outfit.

Heath
02-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Y'know, the one thing I love about all these "Kuja is a crossdresser" arguments, is that if Kuja actually was female, we'd be seeing all these "Damn Kuja is HOT!" statements...

I agree with Aaron's: " Kuja was, to me, the most effective villain in the Final Fantasy series" statement. If you want to look at damage, his actions caused a lot more damage than any other FF villain I can think of (look what happened to Bran Bal, Burmecia and Cleyra. And to lesser extents, Alexandria and Lindblum).

Kuja had a certain air about him that made him a much more interesting character. I tend to find magical users more interesting than melee fighters, because it can be a whole lot more impressive. His eccentric speech in particular was interesting, and Kuja had me interested from the start, in much the same way that Edea did in FFVIII. The scenes at the end of disc 3 are probably my favourite in the game, because of the atmosphere that the characters, in particular Kuja, helped create.

I severely doubt Kuja will ever be as loved as Kefka or Sephiroth (sadly, in the case of the latter), but he worked so well as a villain that I actually wanted to see him more often by disc 3. I never felt that way with Sephiroth, yet I did with Kuja, Kefka and Edea.

Just my, horrendously cut down and without my usual Kuja > Sephiroth argument, opinion anyway.

Vaprice
02-19-2005, 02:15 AM
Okay dude Kuja was da bomb dawg!~!~! far east side word!

Like kuja is the best cross dresser in the history of gaming! :love:

:rabite:

Heath
02-19-2005, 09:40 AM
i think I know where his theme came from. Listen to the music from the Jacohl cave in FF5, and kujas theme (any of them),and you might hear some similarities.

Certain parts of it come from that, yes. Kuja's theme also seems to have some similarities with the Tyrano Fortress music from Chrono Trigger.

Rinoa Heartilly
02-22-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm actually quite surprised that there are people who consider Kuja 'less' of a memorable/great 'villain' than other great ff villains.
Yes, he wasn't 'scary' (I remember my heart pounding in my chest when I went after Sephy or Edea), nor was he irritating like Kefka (in a good way, it made me really want to kick that guy's ass ^^')
Each memorable 'baddy' in the ff series is very much the same as the others, but at the same time unique.

Kefka- scary, yet so irritating that I didn't care and wanted to make him face the music
Sephy- intriguing, mysterious, scary, doing the wrong thing without deliberately doing 'the wrong thing' (yes, this sounds weird, it's just mho)
Edea- See Sephy, yet she just seemed bored most of the time (which somehow added to her character)
Kuja- Made me go 'Kujaaaaaaa' every time he came about; mysterious and intriguing, yet he was also witty and one of the most intelligent ff baddies around (and that's saying something)

udsuna
02-22-2005, 06:34 AM
Yeah, but the japanese general theme of metrosexual baddies is kinda annoying. Since when can't the evil enemy look more or less normal? Or at least belong to the correct gender? Only in anime does the evil overlord spend an hour a day with his personal makup artist and hair stylist...
And if Kuja was a girl, would he still hit on Garnet? Because THAT would be hot...

Heath
02-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Yeah, but the japanese general theme of metrosexual baddies is kinda annoying. Since when can't the evil enemy look more or less normal? Or at least belong to the correct gender? Only in anime does the evil overlord spend an hour a day with his personal makup artist and hair stylist...
And if Kuja was a girl, would he still hit on Garnet? Because THAT would be hot...

I've heard that Kuja was originally intended to be female, but was changed because of that 'hitting on Garnet' scene. I've never done any research into that, so it could be nonsense, though it's pretty interesting to consider.

I'll await correction on that matter.

The Man
02-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Y'know, the one thing I love about all these "Kuja is a crossdresser" arguments, is that if Kuja actually was female, we'd be seeing all these "Damn Kuja is HOT!" statements...hell, we see them anyway (http://www.fools-gold.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6493)

Alice
02-24-2005, 07:39 AM
I myself adore Kuja.. hes probably the best villain out there with some actual evil inside of him, not just insane, but choosing to be bad :)

plus hes such a cutie :)

but ofcourse its just my opinion, i get in so many arguments over it so i try to stray away from talking about it... :P

kujawanabe
02-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Kuja Was the best villan their was of course there was devious music in the backround he was a VILLIAN!!! and he didnt talk to himself up to disc four what do you think he did at the Iifa tree when he killed Brahne he pretty much stle bahumat that seems like doing something, and then he stole the hilda garde from hilda, and he gave brahne everything made the mages and started a world war. He was personly my favorite villan i diidnt like sephiroth that much he was to much of a typicall bad guy and pretty predictible.

Swordicanus
02-27-2005, 01:54 PM
WELL I THINK HES THE WORST FF BAD GUY BUT HES HARDER 2 BEAT THAN SEPHIROTH BUT NOT BY A WHOLE PILE SEPHIROTH IS THE COOLEST BUT THE EASIEST 2 BEAT

Lucca
02-27-2005, 05:04 PM
I did think at first that he was actually a "she". I mean, just look at his face, for crying out loud! So metrosexual... But, considering he is a mage, unlike most other FF baddies, and that he destroyed a lot (plus, the musical theme is so apocaliptical) he left a good impact. He still looks weird, though.

Pouring Rain
03-12-2005, 12:22 AM
Okay dude Kuja was da bomb dawg!~!~! far east side word!

Like kuja is the best cross dresser in the history of gaming! :love:

:rabite:

Yo yaw!

Kuja and Sephiroth were my favorite Villians in the history on Final Fantasy. When i first saw Kuja, I was like, He's a girly man with the lipstick and the outfit and the eye shadow and he had the exact same outfit i gave away for free. and i used to watch the show Inuyasha and he looked just liked Sesshomaru (Inuyasha's older brother). It was so wierd! But he said just about everything in riddles and he worked with the queen and then [SPOILER] her. I thought that he was so evil and i just loved him because of that and he was so evil. he was the best of the best. He was cool.

Maya
03-13-2005, 06:04 PM
:D Before I got the game I watched pictures from the game and I too thought that he was a she. He actually looks like a girl in some points.
I donīt know is he that annoying. Basic villain in ff series.
He is perfectly insane for my taste, like Sephiroth. I like both. :D

Levian
03-13-2005, 10:27 PM
No, all of you are wrong >:/ Kuja sucks. Yes, he does.

And he is a crossdresser.

Destai
03-13-2005, 10:42 PM
Nope we're right :X

Levian
03-13-2005, 10:47 PM
No you're not. :mad:

Destai
03-13-2005, 11:00 PM
yes we are infinity
How many villains are evil enough to wear a thong in public?

Levian
03-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Wearing a thong in public only makes you nothing but cold.

Destai
03-14-2005, 11:05 PM
:mad: (where did I leave my pants....)

Levian
03-14-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm glad we have come to an agreement.

Perducci
03-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Wearing a thong in public only makes you nothing but cold.

I agree. :D

eestlinc
03-31-2005, 05:30 AM
Kuja is a very entertaining adversary. I thought the ending with Zidane and Kuja was great, too.

Heath
03-31-2005, 09:50 AM
hell, we see them anyway (http://www.fools-gold.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6493)

...You know what I think of that thread. I suppose I should be thankful I'm FAO now?

And I agree with eestlinc's last post, it was an interesting twist, even if it wasn't entirely original.

DarkLadyNyara
04-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I loved Kuja. He's a very complex character, and one of the few villans I didn't want to kill. And he's pretty amusing.

UltimateSpamGrover
04-15-2005, 08:43 PM
At least he is better than Kefka.

KuRt
04-15-2005, 08:51 PM
kuja is 5000% tougher than sephiroth and i have proof!!

http://youzen.fffin.com/albums/neo/Neo_fight.gif

Levian
04-15-2005, 11:35 PM
At least he is better than Kefka.

whaaaaaaaaaat? :mad2:

I hate this thread.

K-chan
04-17-2005, 12:20 AM
*laughs* I thought this thread died like months ago. Shows how much I visit here. ^^ I thought Kuja was a great villian. Waaaaay better than Kefka who is just plain creepy.

Black Waltz #3
04-21-2005, 04:47 AM
My, my, I believe I have found fellow Kuja fans! Here in this little aclove of cyberspace, there are those who see Kuja in the same awe inspiring light that I do! This truly is spectacular! Several of my own oppinions have clearly been stated by those here! Tis' only a shame more people can not see the grand splendor of Kuja's persona and the way he carries himself through out the whole of the game.

P.S. Talking like Kuja really is fun! :)

P.S.S. Hello everyone!

Drift
04-21-2005, 07:12 AM
kuja is a villain and cross dresses stop looking so deep into it its just a game!

which we all love

Black Waltz #3
04-21-2005, 03:10 PM
I will stop looking deep if you get ride of Sephiroth from your banner. Then swear undying fealty to Kuja's thong. Now that we know that will not happen. You know know I won't stop looking deep into these things. Now maybe it is time for you to look deep, Final Fantasy has always been about meanings behind meanings. If you look back all the way to FF1 you will see this unyeilding fact. So you see you not going to get me to stop analyzing Kuja, for I will continue on my Kuja crusade across the net.

Or in laymans terms: Hey buddy, what your asking isn't likely to happen. I like Kuja's depth, maybe you should pay more attention to it to. Final Fantasy is full of depth so get used to people doing stuff like this. :p

ruby_91
05-03-2005, 05:06 PM
well, didn't think kuja was that great...but the dark messenger is awesome! it really reminds me of we will rock you.

DMKA
05-07-2005, 03:53 AM
I thought she was hot!

Craig
05-07-2005, 08:12 PM
I'd hit it.

DarkLadyNyara
05-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey buddy, what your asking isn't likely to happen. I like Kuja's depth, maybe you should pay more attention to it to. Final Fantasy is full of depth so get used to people doing stuff like this.
My thoughts exactly. I hate when people say "It's just a game. Don't take it so seiriously".

Christmas
05-07-2022, 05:24 AM
I think his fashion choice is perfect. He should have be an influencer and spread awareness on men wearing thongs being perfectly ok. But he chose to turn into a red monkey. :(

Quindiana Jones
05-13-2022, 04:38 PM
Trance Kuja is honestly such a rad design.

I'm on Heath's side throughout this thread; Kuja is one of my favourite FF villains. Vayne, Kuja, Kefka; bunch of fucking legends, all.