PDA

View Full Version : FF III some sort of broken ship place?

TasteyPies
09-25-2004, 07:22 PM
In the walk through on the main sight it says I am supposed to go to a shipwreck or something to the SW of the floating island. I can't find it.

If anyone knows a site or a way I can get a map or sometihng that would help alot. I have midget bread but that can only help so much.

Edit:

Well, looking for that island put me right over Salonia, I guess I wasn't supposed to be there yet and I got shot down anyway. Being the person I iz I saved my game and am stuck there now. They won't let me into the library or the castle and I can't find this "Punk bar" or "Prince" or "Sage" anywhere.

HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like noone is a fan of FF3

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-27-2004, 01:56 AM
If you're in Salonia, that means you've already gone through the part of the game with Elia and the shipwreck. Prince Allus is in a pub, which should be on the north side of one of the city sections. Just check every building; it's not hidden or anything.

TasteyPies
09-27-2004, 04:11 AM
No I did NOT do the shipwreck thing....I think its the roms fault.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-27-2004, 04:28 AM
When you first get off of the Floating Continent, almost the entire world should be covered in water, and the only places to land should be a couple of islands--a large one containing a cave leading to the shrine of the Crystal of Water, and a smaller one with a shipwreck on its beach. You're supposed to go to the shipwreck, meet Elia the Maiden of Water, take her to the Water Shrine, fight a major boss, experience another tragedy, get the next set of jobs, and then watch the water recede to reveal the rest of the world.

Our heroes awaken in the town of Amur to find that the Enterprise has been bound to the earth by an enormous chain, apparently put there by an obsessed psychopath by the name of Goldor, who also seems to have one of the Four Crystals in his possession. However, Goldor's mansion can only be accessed by crossing a deadly swamp, and the only way to do that is to wear the Flying Shoes, and the Flying Shoes can only be acquired from a batty old hag by the name of Delilah, who lives in the Amur sewers, being a psychopath herself. So, the warriors go and get the shoes, which involves a subplot involving a group of four old men (also psychopaths) who are convinced that they're the real Light Warriors, cross the swamp, beat Goldor, watch his crystal explode, mope about it, and finally get the chain of their airship. Only now that they're free to explore the de-flooded world is the Salonia stuff supposed to happen.

TasteyPies
09-27-2004, 04:29 AM
When I entered the continent I saw a whole lotta land.

.....everything started "timing wrong" once I used a save state editor to give me all the jobs. That in turn must have made me have already spoken to all the crystals...which made everything mess up.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-27-2004, 04:32 AM
Yeah, that'd do it, I think.

DJZen
09-27-2004, 04:35 PM
This reminds me somewhat of the customer support calls to Nintendo asking for help when people's GBAs wouldn't work after people attempted to put in an afterburner and wound up doing a less than stellar job of it.

TasteyPies
09-27-2004, 11:00 PM
This reminds me somewhat of the customer support calls to Nintendo asking for help when people's GBAs wouldn't work after people attempted to put in an afterburner and wound up doing a less than stellar job of it.

...what the fudge is an afterburner?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-28-2004, 02:25 AM
The Afterburner was the best way to backlight the GBA before Nintendo put out the SP. It just required you to open up the GBA in order to install it, which was easy to mess up, I imagine.