PDA

View Full Version : Online Friends - Dancing Banana's not applicable

Baloki
09-25-2004, 11:15 PM
Do you feel online friends are real friends, and who would you say are your friends on this board? Don't feel you have to list them all if you either can't remember them all or forget one, and remember you don't have to reply :D

And yes my life would be a lot less happy without being able to see you guys every day

Polyonymous
09-25-2004, 11:23 PM
oh ya, online friends are just as good as friends you see everyday (this coming from someone with few friends offline and many online). i'm not to sure who my friends on this board are.... probobly GigaGuess, Ansem, Carnage.... and most of the other people who participate in the whole world of EoFF. then there are those friends who i talk to offline but introduced them to the forum which are Erased and 870621345

Ultima Shadow
09-25-2004, 11:35 PM
Yea! Absolutely! Some of my friends here is actually better friends than some of those in real life.

Well... I have many friends here but those that I like to PM and really feel like very good friends are: aeris2001x2, Rubedo and beatrix9.
Now, don't you other guys (doomsday, psy and all the others) that I didn't list feel unloved. You guys are great too but aeris2001x2, Rubedo and beatrix9 are my "best" friends around here.

And yes my life would be a lot less happy without being able to see you guys every day
I agree 100% with that.

Kirobaito
09-25-2004, 11:38 PM
I think that online friends can be just as good as real friends, but I think it's healthy to have friends outside of the internet.

I consider every single one of you to be my friend. Except for David.

Giga Guess
09-25-2004, 11:48 PM
Lessee....Jenova.Rebirth, poly, Rubey, Ansem, Siric, Beatrix9, Kirobaito...tons more, actually...their names just elude me at the moment...

Psychotic
09-26-2004, 12:09 AM
Do you feel online friends are real friends, and who would you say are your friends on this board?

Yes, I value some of the people online more than others IRL, as I feel I can talk to them more easily, and also have a lot of fun with them. :goofy:

Also I'd list people but uh... there really are too many, and I'd probably forget someone. But you people know who you are :freak:

(Oh, but not YOU Misfit. You suck. A whole lot. :love: )

Kirobaito
09-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Lessee....Jenova.Rebirth, poly, Rubey, Ansem, Siric, Beatrix9, Kirobaito...tons more, actually...their names just elude me at the moment...
You know you can get JR's · thing by typing ALT+1083, right? That's why he had that as his custom title for so long. :o

Xander
09-26-2004, 12:37 AM
I certainly count online friends as real friends, because to me, a friend is somebody who you have stuff in common with, can talk to (even if that's typing) and basically just someone you have a mutual liking with. Some of the people I have as LJ friends I don't know very well at all, but I still think of them as friends because they allow me to read about their thoughts and their life, and I do the same for them.

Some people online I think of as closer friends than others, because we've talked more, maybe on MSN and stuff and I feel I know them a bit better. These include people like Rainecloud, Baloki, Rye, Psychotic, and Yrkoon.

However I still think when you actually meet people from the net, for real, they can be a lot different than you imagine even when you've known them on the net for ages. I don't think you can know people completely without witnessing a lot of things, their facial expressions and body language, and just how they are IRL. I met someone I'd known online for a year, and spoken to every single day (internet relationship thing..), but when I met them they seemed really different. Not bad different, but it was just like it took a while to actually "get to know" them as a "real" person.

But I have so many old school friends IRL that I can meet up with, and not feel like we have anything in common or anything to talk about..which is why I'm grateful of all the people on here that I share interests with, that are on my wavelength, friends. Everyone should luff each other and stuff =D

Armisael
09-26-2004, 12:51 AM
All the guys here must be very cool-since they like FF-but these i have become a little closer than the others and consider them as friends are:Sir Edeon X,Divinity,Lux Trepe,Rubedo,Carnage,Giga Guess,aeris2001x2,Ki Ki,Rusty,Advent Child_6(he is on my school unforunately too!)eternal essence,polyonymous,kilika,Lon611,HIK248,Ultima Shadow ..that's what i can remember for now..
p.s sorry if i forgot someone...

Ultima Shadow
09-26-2004, 01:45 AM
p.s sorry if i forgot someone...
Betrayer. :cry:

Logan
09-26-2004, 01:49 AM
However I still think when you actually meet people from the net, for real, they can be a lot different than you imagine even when you've known them on the net for ages. I don't think you can know people completely without witnessing a lot of things, their facial expressions and body language, and just how they are IRL.
Yeah. The first time I met Liz, it felt weird, but the second time, it was completely normal and stuff. Seeing Greg was different though. In a good way. Except I got two weeks total with Liz, and 4-6 hours with Greg. :D

Online friends are my friends! :love:

I won't list them because I know I'll forget one person that I love to death and then I'll feel guilty. But my EoFF/LJ friends = :<3:.

Armisael
09-26-2004, 01:50 AM
Betrayer. :cry:
But you're not my friend you're my....well anyway i'll fix it...sorry..

Ultima Shadow
09-26-2004, 02:19 AM
Hey, stop joking around. :rolleyes2 I KNOW I'm your wheel chair. :Oo:

Armisael
09-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Hey, stop joking around. :rolleyes2 I KNOW I'm your wheel chair. :Oo:
No comment...

Del Murder
09-26-2004, 02:39 AM
I don't realy have many friends, so it is hard to know if the people I talk to most often are 'real', though I'm pretty sure they aren't fake. There a lot of people on the board that I am acquainted with, but the ones I talk to one on one most often are eestlinc, Spuuky, Calliope and Strider, and I like them just as much as I like most of the people I've hung out with over the years.

escobert
09-26-2004, 03:51 AM
PG

fire_of_avalon
09-26-2004, 04:12 AM
I have no friends. I'm and evil troll and I will steal your candy and make it into rotten leaves if you try to befriend me.

Mr. Graves
09-26-2004, 04:23 AM
It's really odd, but the vast majority of the acquiatances/friends I've made here either don't post here anymore, or only post on a blue moon.

I think they're real. I've seen photos of them, talked on the phone to them, and see on reason to think they're anything but real people on the other end of the connection.

-N-
09-26-2004, 05:15 AM
I think that online friends can be just as good as real friends, but I think it's healthy to have friends outside of the internet.

I consider every single one of you to be my friend. Except for David.
What about DJ? :D

UltimateSpamGrover
09-26-2004, 05:18 AM
I have no friends. I'm an evil troll and I will steal your candy and make it into rotten leaves if you try to befriend me.

Giga Guess
09-26-2004, 05:26 AM
But I love yoooou Grover....*snares Grover in a bone crushing hug*

Erdrick Holmes
09-26-2004, 06:19 AM
Most of my online friends are about as close to me as IRL friends. If you added me to your LJ friends list I see you as that.

Erased
09-26-2004, 06:34 AM
I have more RL friends than online friends. At least, I think I do. *Counts on his fingers* Ummm... Anyone have some fingers for me? I need some more. *Renown goes up with a little golden shiny head* What the...? Hmmm, Fable must be getting to me. Wow, I'm so renowned :rolleyes2 Anyway, I consider some of you to be my friends! Those of you who are, you <i><b>don't</b></i> know who you are!

Yamaneko
09-26-2004, 06:57 AM
I don't consider anyone online a friend. Most of you don't know what I look like, so I might not even really be real. From what I've seen there are probably a few people here who could be considered friends if we ever met.

Meat Puppet
09-26-2004, 07:27 AM
I love you all, but I say that because I know through the internet I can deceive you and paint a different image of who I really am, so it's different to the people that I know in real life (not, or course, saying that I know any)

DMKA
09-26-2004, 08:01 AM
I believe they can be aswell. Most everyone here whos not like new as in the last 6 months and is still here I can pretty much call an "online buddy" I think...a few of us have had our conflicts, but meh, we got over it...I think. O__o

Wow that sounds like RL buddies. :)

Polyonymous
09-26-2004, 10:10 AM
Those of you who are, you don't know who you are!

wait a tick, if im your friend and i know im your friend... would that mean im not your friend seeing as how all your friends dont know you are thier friend? i think it would, and since now i know that i am not your friend that would then make me elligable to be your friend.... and not know it?

if this makes no sense at all im sorry, it is 3:10 A.M. here and im just a little bit tired

Maxico
09-26-2004, 10:57 AM
I wanna freind. But I dont have any.

Levian
09-26-2004, 12:08 PM
They aren't fake so I guess they have to be real then. And sparkly! :love:

Cz
09-26-2004, 12:58 PM
I believe that online friends are a different type of friend, though no less valuable than a 'real' friend. Not being able to see people's reactions etc. makes it difficult to say that you really know someone you've met online. However, it's easier to communicate your feelings/problems with online friends because you're physically distanced from them.

I wouldn't say that I know my online friends as well as my offline ones, but I feel just as comfortable talking to them as I would my friends in real life. As for who my online friends are, I don't want to risk leaving anyone out, so I'll just assume that you know who you are already.

Shlup
09-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Some of my friends on this board I would definitely consider a friend. Other's I would consider aquaintances, and such and such... Same as real life, though I do tend to keep the two seperate in my mind.

Rye
09-27-2004, 11:41 AM
They're the same pretty much for me. A friend to me is someone who likes you and you can talk to, and that can keep secrets. My online friends are more of friends than my IRL ones.

I will sound like such a loser here, but I hate my IRL friends. They're nasty to me. I have like a "mean weird people who use the word "faggot" excessively who want to be my friend, talk to me!" sign written on my forehead or something. :mad:

My online friends would thraving be Paul, Lev, Xander, Logan, Baloki, PG, Denmark and Kiir cause I either talk to them on MSN or whatever a lot or I 'm always talking to them on LJ. And the people on my LJ friends list. :)

Heartless
09-27-2004, 12:11 PM
The persons that i talk the most are Rusty,Divinity,Ultima Shadow,Xander and beatrix9(same neighbourhood too)...i consider them good friends....

Pheesh
09-27-2004, 12:18 PM
I'm not sure if i have friends on here but a few people that i think are my friends are carnage,zaphier,jolts,polyonymous,zacks-clone and zorander. I'm not sure if these people are my friends because i don't trust people since i got a molestor on my msn but they are a few that i've known since i've been here and a few of them are on my msn. But i think you are all great and this site is my escape from the absolute ^%$& heads in my real life.

Erased
09-28-2004, 01:47 AM
Yes polyonomous, your my friend. But your not exactly an online friend, <i>are you?</i> That's kinda what I meant, if you're wondering. <b>this text is funny.</b> Laugh at it!

kikimm
09-28-2004, 02:35 AM
I don't if I've really been here long enough to have any friends....all I try to do is not piss anyone off. *shrug*

:D

Promise
09-28-2004, 06:30 AM
I think online friends are real friends and have advantages over in person friends. Less bullshit, more straight from the personality, I think.

I don't have any friends here yet, be mine?

Zifnab
09-28-2004, 09:40 AM
You know you can get JR's · thing by typing ALT+1083, right? That's why he had that as his custom title for so long. :o
<3, though it's 0183. :rolleyes2

I find the best friendships are forged on the Internet, but carry onto real life. I find I'm more open on the Internet and can carry that onto people I've already been open to. People I know only offline are idiots. :rolleyes2

Peegee
09-28-2004, 10:33 AM
I spend a lot of time online because I don't watch television. This means I need entertainment.

So you guys are entertaining me when I talk to you. But then isn't that what you do with real friends? Have fun, feel entertained, and enjoy yourself?

So if that means friendship then you are friends. If friends is something like a sororal or fraternal or whatever union between two unrelated individuals, then no, none of you are my friends. But then, I try to keep that sort of friendship to zero anyway.

Xander
09-28-2004, 11:28 AM
I think online friends are real friends and have advantages over in person friends. Less bullshit, more straight from the personality, I think.

I don't have any friends here yet, be mine?

*friends you* =D

Female Ryuichi
09-28-2004, 05:58 PM
Online friends are the awesome in my option, because all the people I know from real life suck :love:

I'm going to list them because I'M SPECIAL ^_^:
Psy, BakaNeko/Baloki, Rye, Logiebear, DENMARK, Cz, Pies that are tasty, Jebus, MIS THE FIT and Xan-Xan ^_^. Sorry if I missed anyone. :love:

Promise
09-28-2004, 06:40 PM
*friends you* =D
;D Thank you -[friends back]-

Kilika
09-28-2004, 06:49 PM
I don't if I've really been here long enough to have any friends....all I try to do is not piss anyone off. *shrug*

comeone we're friends! we say burglefickle together! lol

kikimm
09-30-2004, 01:45 AM
comeone we're friends! we say burglefickle together! lol

.......BURGLEFICKLE!

TasteyPies
09-30-2004, 02:31 AM
No, you all suck. :greenie:

Iceglow
10-01-2004, 01:57 PM
hmm yeah an online friend is a real friend in my case it includes a lot of people from other sites. Examples of these include Kathy (or Nelvana - her screen name) who lives in Venezuela and Matt (or Draccma) who lives in New Zealand and from here it includes Xander

Silmaril
10-01-2004, 04:45 PM
I have online friends but very few from this board. I like 'em and all that but the main disadvantage is you can't tell how a remarks is said. A totally sarcastic or rude message can be interepreted as friendly or interested. I mean, you can say "really?" in so many different ways online. :(

aeris2001x2
10-02-2004, 02:57 AM
lol. I,ve never been great at making friends period...in reality i,m oftern too shy...online i,m oftern defensive and slightly annoyed(sort of like assilimate all my real life annoyance on to the net).

But my best friend on here is definitly Ultima Shadow :D . I also feel close to Seiken, Beatrix9 and Lon611.

Have many aquitances on here, some really cool ppl :) . But the above are probably the only ones i feel are good friends :cool: .

Trumpet Thief
10-02-2004, 03:08 AM
chaos: Well, I can say that most of you are acquaintances. But, my largest ones are probably Giga Guess, beatrix9, Ultima Shadow, Doomsday, Cloud Leonhart, Rusty, kikimm, Ansem, aeris2001x2, Carnage, Psychotic, Vincent06, TasteyPies, Starlight Angel, SITB, Baloki, Siric, polyonymous, Czanthor, Az Lionheart, and TRIPLE T or TTT.

Rubedo: Our apologies to anyone that wasn't mentioned...

kikimm
10-02-2004, 03:18 AM
All right, all right, I'll give in. Most people here are still.....acquaintences, I guess. But friends are probably....Kilika, Seiken, Necronopticous...maybe even fellow anima lover beatrix9 :love: .

But I just wanted to say....I LOVE YOU ALL!!! :mog:

EDIT: Whoops! I forgot mr. anderson....although he barely ever comes here anymore. :(

Aurey
10-02-2004, 03:35 AM
I remember when I joined here a year ago I was a little kid who would run around and post repeatedly and most of those posts would either be spam or me mocking someone, and I'm sorry because of that, and actually I'm surprised you kept someone like that, I should've been banned, so I thank you (the EoFF staff) for keeping me. But anyways, enough of me rambling, I'm not surprised I don't have friends here. But that's really not going to stop me from coming here. Everyone's friendly and funny here, so I see everyone as friends here, just not as friends I know a lot about. :P

Psychotic
10-02-2004, 11:47 AM
I mean, you can say "really?" in so many different ways online

Really? :p

I remember when I joined here a year ago I was a little kid who would run around and post repeatedly and most of those posts would either be spam or me mocking someone

I remember you, Shadow! You had an awesome Trogdor sig! But I don't remember you acting stupid, so...yeah.

Also thank you to the wonderfulovelyahoorange people that said I was their friends. I love you guys too :love: (Also the Dancing Banana IS my friend whether you like it or not, Balokie)

Rainecloud
10-02-2004, 11:57 AM
I used to have a lot of friends here, namely Mikztsu, Xander, Loony BoB, Britt, Rydia of Mist, Czanthor and others. However, I don't browse this place as often as I used to, and I don't use MSN any more, so my relationships with these people have suffered as a result of this.

Jack
10-02-2004, 12:06 PM
I have a few I would consider close friends here. I don't feel the need to have too many cause otherwise I'd feel overwhelmed. For me, this place reminded me that I was a person so I owe lots of people of love.Avalon_Beavole07 was one, but she dissapeared many yonders ago...*sigh*

Kiuru
pixie_demon
Psychotic

Thats all I can think of, i would say Xander but I think we only get on cause we're English.I reckon I just get on with people but only a few close friends.

Baloki
10-02-2004, 12:07 PM
(Also the Dancing Banana IS my friend whether you like it or not, Balokie)

He can't be he was deleted...

Armisael
10-02-2004, 03:53 PM
All right, all right, I'll give in. Most people here are still.....acquaintences, I guess. But friends are probably....Kilika, Seiken, Necronopticous...maybe even fellow anima lover beatrix9 :love: .

Yeah fellow anima lover!that sounds very cool.. :D

Female Ryuichi
10-02-2004, 08:02 PM
No, you all suck. :greenie:

Bah, bad pies that are tasty! :twak:

TasteyPies
10-02-2004, 08:12 PM
Bah, bad pies that are tasty! :twak:

just kidding, just kidding!

Casey
10-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Do you feel online friends are real friends, and who would you say are your friends on this board? Don't feel you have to list them all if you either can't remember them all or forget one, and remember you don't have to reply

Real people you know in life, are the best.

kikimm
10-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Nevermind what I said before-you're all my friends! Yes....every single one of you.... :hat: