PDA

View Full Version : Which FF has the best replay value/extra stuff to do?

Lon611
09-26-2004, 01:10 AM
well, the title pretty much explains it all. which final fantasy do you either play over and over and over and/or which one do you find has the most/best extra stuff/secrets/side quests???

(im positive that could've been worded better, but oh well *sigh*)

seeing as how FFX is the only FF in which i've tried the peripheral stuff, i would say FFX has the most/best in terms of monster arena, unlocking celestial weapons (although tiresome), and sitting back at the good ol' Luca Theatre. plus, its linear (which i LOVE) because you don't get distracted and it's easier to replay.

i think they should've put like a "Treno theatre" in FFIX or something. that would've made sense. but then again, with the cd room....

ne1 else and discuss

Trumpet Thief
09-26-2004, 01:12 AM
chaos: FFVI..

Rubedo: No need to explain, it has this already wrapped up..

Lon611
09-26-2004, 01:18 AM
i 4got to make this a poll *slaps forehead*

Giga Guess
09-26-2004, 01:30 AM
FF8. It has DOZENS of little tasks for you to undertake, that you'd never think to do unless you seriously wander from the beaten path.

Rusty
09-26-2004, 05:19 AM
Final Fantasy 8. I agree with what Giga said about it.

chocomog33
09-26-2004, 05:26 AM
FFIX = BEST CHOCOBO SIDEQUEST EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the imaginary poll, I vote for FFIX.

100% agreed.
and tetra master?
come on, you cannot beat that.

Giga Guess
09-26-2004, 05:31 AM
Triple Triad's better, IMHO.

Lon611
09-26-2004, 06:33 AM
can sum1 shortly describe how to WIN in tetra master?all i do is randomly place cards places.....i mean, i kno HOW to play, i just don't understand the strategy

Jolts
09-26-2004, 10:01 AM
I found a place that explains the number setup, but forgot where.

Back on topic, the games I feel like starting over the most are Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Final Fantasy X. Final Fantasy X-2 was pretty fun as well (the more "active" Active Time Battle system was one of my favorite parts :D). The game with the most crap to do would definitely be Final Fantasy IX, but I found that game boring (even more so than Final Fantasy VIII). All the games I listed are fun to play, I just find FF8 and FF9 boring (FF8 for it's terrible junction system, and FF9 for all the chatter).

Dreddz
09-26-2004, 10:44 AM
Prob FF9.I Played it over and over again trying too perfect it.Still havent but im sooooo close.FF10 has some good replay value,but it was too tiring.Havent played it since i got those celestrial weopans.FF7 is also good as there are quite a lot of things too do.anyways..................it has too be FF9

Giga Guess
09-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Tetra Master's Numeration System:

1st number: Attack value
2nd Symbol: What form of attack it is (P =Physical, M=Magic, X=Whichever is weaker, and A(Or is it S..?) Means it attacks the weakest value, even the attack value, I think...)
3rd number: Physical Defence
4th number: Magical Defence

Now someone may want to double check that, as I'm not entirely sure that I have the last 2 in order...

chocomog33
09-26-2004, 06:06 PM
you have it right.

just thought i should add that numbers go from 0-E ... E meaning highest, 0 being well ... lowest

Ultima Shadow
09-26-2004, 06:12 PM
I have to agree that FF8 is the easiest to replay. I LOVE triple triad. :love:

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-27-2004, 02:37 AM
FFIX's optional events may not be the most numerous, but they're certainly the most fun. FFVIII does have the better card game, though.

DJZen
09-27-2004, 02:46 AM
Both of these card games make me want to club baby seals.

nik0tine
09-27-2004, 06:33 AM
It's hard to say, but my vote goes for FF8, FF6, or FF9. I never really get bored with any of these games very often.

Big D
09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
FFVII, for me. First FF I ever played, and there's still plenty of new stuff to do and find. Mainly because of two words: date scene.
That's a major piece of plot, and you get total control over how it turns out... if you can win the affections of the character of your choice, that is. I still haven't been able to win Barret's heart... :cry:

Giga Guess
09-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Yep. Just Aeris and Tifa here too. Yuffie's even harder, though, isn't she?

m4tt
09-28-2004, 09:59 PM
I think FFIX's sidequests are the most fun. FFX has a high replay value too, though.

Jolts
09-28-2004, 10:07 PM
Yep. Just Aeris and Tifa here too. Yuffie's even harder, though, isn't she?
Well, Barret starts out with the leaste amount of points, but even if you get Yuffie ASAP, you'd still be able to build up Barret a little bit before you get Yuffie.

So, I have no idea (I haven't gotten either one of them to "date" me, either) :lol:.

chionos
09-29-2004, 03:29 AM
FFXI
And there's ABSOLUTELY no room for argument. Every day is a completely new experience.
But since all of you will say that FFXI doesn't count, I'll come up with something different.

FFTactics or FFIX for me.
I'm not counting FFVI, though I've played through it more times than any other FF, because my attachment to the game has nothing to do with its replay value, and everything to do with my nostalgic neurosis(to explain, i have an irrational fear of the inevitable ticking away of the clock. Time marches on....without me).

I think both of the games speak for themselves.

Giga Guess
09-29-2004, 04:41 AM
Well, I can't truly speak for FFXI, mainly cuz I'd never be able to afford the costs incurred. I guess that'd be the downside.

Del Murder
10-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Well, most of what you do in the second half of FFVI is 'extra'. I love getting the characters and choosing the order I get them.

Giga Guess
10-02-2004, 07:36 PM
This is true. Hell, if you're looking for a real challenge, go straight to the Tower as soon as you get the airship back.

Auronhart
10-25-2004, 09:43 PM
I'd say FF8. I keep replaying it and trying new challenges and I've found triple triad to be the better card game. :D

So, I have no idea (I haven't gotten either one of them to "date" me, either) :lol:.

I've had Tifa and Yuffie, Lol. For some reason I can't make myself be nice to Aeris. :p