PDA

View Full Version : Nobuo VS Mitsuda

Trumpet Thief
09-26-2004, 04:29 AM
chaos: The clash of the titans. Probably the two greatest composers in Square Enix history. Choose your favorite, and state reasons if you want.

Rubedo: In our opinion, Nobuo was great. Many themes he had composed, a truly great composer, but, Mitsuda, he seemed to have a professional ring in whatever he did. Also, he composed for our favorite games as well. I was overjoyed by Chrono Cross' OST. Never had I heard something so great. I loved it in a way I could never like Nobuo's music.

chaos: Same goes with the Xenosaga OST.

Trowa: Xenosaga's greatest mistake was getting rid of Yasunori.

Kid albedo: So, which one do you guys choose?

The Triumphant Hero
09-26-2004, 04:38 AM
nobuo, hands down

chocomog33
09-26-2004, 05:28 AM
nobuo, because the songs he writes seem to fit better into the games, rather than feeling a tad out of place.
but both are awesome :D

Samuraid
09-26-2004, 05:38 AM
Hard call to make...

Trumpet Thief
09-26-2004, 05:39 AM
chaos: Yasunori must win!

Rubedo: Nobuo was still great though!

crono_logical
09-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Motoi Sakuraba :p Shame he's Namco though, not Squeenix :p

Trumpet Thief
09-26-2004, 05:08 PM
chaos: Mitsuda's doing better than I expected. Hopefully more hardcore Xenosaga and Chrono fans will arrive here...

Ancient Goddess
09-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Mitsuda is way better than Nobuo, IMO. If I do play my game soundtracks, that's the person I play most often. The Chrno Cross Soundtrack sounded more professional than almost any FF soundtrack I've heard. Oh, don't get me wrong, I do own some of Nobuo's soundtracks too, but I like Mistuda's music better.

kikimm
09-29-2004, 01:38 AM
Hrmm...I haven't heard anything by Mitsuda, so I can't really make an unbiased opinione here. Nobuo is good, but some of his songs really grate on my nerves. On piano, though, it's all good. I'll go download some Xenosaga and Chrono music.

I'll be back.

:D

Trumpet Thief
09-29-2004, 01:43 AM
chaos: Here's a site that works: Emuparadise (www.Emuparadise.com) I know that somewhere on the site they have the whole Xenosaga soundtrack. Or, Click Here (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=Emuparadise+Xenosaga&meta=), and then click on the first link of Emuparadise.

Rubedo: I suggest listening to "The Final Battle"

Trowa: The Chrono Cross and Trigger soundtracks on the other hand or on ffdownloads.com, and they sound even better IMO!

Necronopticous
09-29-2004, 04:05 AM
I would give myself to Uematsu. He is my hero, and thus, I choose him. (Plus Nobuo Uematsu is a hilarious guy) Damn I love this guy, I wish he was my dad.

Trumpet Thief
09-29-2004, 04:11 AM
chaos: Here, apparently, Nobuo is more well known, but that's because he has been working on a hit series.

Rubedo: Although, I still like Mitsuda's work better. Nobuo is a great muscisian and all, but Nobuo feels like the quantity, and Mitsuda feels like the quality to me. Ah well, both are great really.

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

kikimm
09-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Okay, I'm ONLY voting for Nobuo because I've heard more of his stuff. From what I did listen to, though, Mitsuda is really, really good, so who knows what I'll think later.

These Japanese people...they really know what they're doing.

:D