PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing!

ff babe
09-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Many people say ffX_2 was a really bad made game, i must agree, i didn't like it as much as the last one, but what do u think? :mad:

Mo-Nercy
09-26-2004, 11:15 AM
I liked FFX-2 plenty, about the same as FFX in my books. But the severe hinderance of FFX was it's linearity. Having said that, FFX-2 was definitely not linear which was a refreshing change back from the 'visual work' that Square had deemed FFX to be. In my opinion, it was a great game but not one to be taken as ritualistically as the other FFs. I prefer to think of it as a bunch of fun mini games wrapped in a familiar story. Like it's a transitional game that buys some time for Square while their making FFXII.

It wrapped up FFX very nicely but other than that, the story didn't really do much for me. I loved the battle system though. I didn't even mind the absence of a victory fanfare. I was too busy gloating over my massive Trigger Happy combo.

FFX-2 = <3

Jolts
09-26-2004, 11:41 AM
The people who ramble on about how much FFX-2 sucked are probably the same people who did the same thing about Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. The game didn't go exactly the way they wanted it to, so they immediately didn't like it. Just like with the movie, how there are people who didn't like it for the sole reason of it not having chocobos in it. They didn't care about the rest, it didn't have chocobos, so they thought it was crap.
You should to be willing to accept the differences in these kind of situations, but not everybody is.

That's my own rambling, though, and it's probably not even completely true (the chocobo thing about the movie is, for some people). I shouldn't really say much though, since the only reason I don't like the X-Box is because I have to have something to argue about (I already liked Nintendo and Sony when the X-Box came to be, and before it, I didn't like Sega). Although, now I have a new reason. Click here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50831) for the reason.

I liked FFX-2 just fine. The main things I liked was the return of the ATB system (Active Time Battle) and the dressphere system.

Rostum
09-26-2004, 12:11 PM
I did like the more fast-paced ATB system they used in FFX-2, and the dress sphere system was a reasonable one. The only gripe I have about this game, is the 'girly' attitudes that make alot of the dialogue extremely cheesy, the story didn't develop fast enough and the fact that you needed 100% to be able to see the better ending.

I think it may have just been the fact that going around everywhere to find quests became repeditive and you just wanted to advance in the story, but then that would sacrafice your 100% gameplay. I just didn't have the time nor patience for that.

IMO.

UltimateSpamGrover
09-26-2004, 02:10 PM
the story didn't develop fast enough and the fact that you needed 100% to be able to see the better ending.

I think it may have just been the fact that going around everywhere to find quests became repeditive and you just wanted to advance in the story, but then that would sacrafice your 100% gameplay. I just didn't have the time nor patience for that.

IMO.

Yeah, and I don't like how they have "hyper" attitudes, if you know what I mean. I didn't even bother to finish FFX-2, thats how much it sucked.

EDIT: ...and I hate in FFX-2 when you open a treasure chest it says ex: "You SCORED a potion." all I have to say is... WTF?

Mo-Nercy
09-26-2004, 03:43 PM
...and I hate in FFX-2 when you open a treasure chest it says ex: "You SCORED a potion." all I have to say is... WTF?
C'mon. Just think about it. There's a treasure chest in the middle of a bustling town and surprisingly, Yuna get's there and no-one's noticed it yet. She opens it and she finds an item that adds to her life expectancy by about 2%. Hell, I'd say that's a pretty good deal!

She scored alright. She scored big time.

TasteyPies
09-26-2004, 05:35 PM
I didn't even bother to finish FFX-2, thats how much it sucked.

The only reason I beat it was so I could say,
"Yeah, I played the entire game and my favorite part was when I turned it off."

Optium
09-27-2004, 02:20 AM
FFX-2 was a good game.

I have spoken. :\

.opt

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 02:26 AM
FFX-2 was a good game.

.opt

And spoken well, my friend.

SeeDRankLou
09-27-2004, 02:53 AM
FFX-2 was a good game.

.opt
Very well indeed.

I have spoken my piece about how great this game is many times. Look at some other threads about how good or bad this game is and you can see my diatribes about how this game rocks. I don't have the time at the moment but I'll just say that I loved the game.

black orb
09-27-2004, 03:47 AM
>>> I was disappointed with it, the game was good but I wanted something better than FFX..

UltimateSpamGrover
09-27-2004, 05:00 AM
"You SCORED a potion."

Obtained, Received, even gotten is better than scored

Jolts
09-27-2004, 03:31 PM
You people are complaining about what now?

My goodness, you won't stop with anything, will you? There is no depths you won't go to. Now you're *****ing about how the text is when you get an item from a treasure chest...geez. Soon you'll be saying stuff like, "Yeah, when you get to [place], there's a black pixel where it shouldn't be, and that's why this game sucks!"

raoul2000
09-28-2004, 01:10 PM
FF X-2 was a bad joke...!
What's happening to Squaresoft for God's sake...!
Still the game had some great ideas...I give you this...!
Like the battle system with combos and all...!

m4tt
09-28-2004, 03:26 PM
I liked FFX-2. I haven't finished it yet because I haven't had the time, but it is a fun game. The battle system is quick, the dress sphere system is fun, and I like the music.

DMKA
09-28-2004, 04:56 PM
I liked FFX-2. I haven't finished it yet because I haven't had the time, but it is a fun game. The battle system is quick, the dress sphere system is fun, and I like the music.
Yep...I love FFX-2. The only reason so many people bitch about it is because its not a carbon copy of every console RPG for the last decade.

I can't wait for FFXII though, because if people are bitching about stuff like, how fast battles are, and now WHAT IT SAYS WHEN YOU PIC UP A FRIGGIN' ITEM, then those people are just gonna die of exhaustion from whining, which will probably be a good thing. :D

Anyway, yeah, I like it alot.