PDA

View Full Version : king for a kindom!

ff babe
09-26-2004, 08:25 AM
why did they name 'kindom hearts' that name, surely they would call it something like, ff reborn with walt diseney, so why did they call it that name and where on earth did they think of putting ff characters with Diaeney character?

Craig
09-26-2004, 12:34 PM
I honestly don't know but i'm guessing it could be something to do with the fact the game itself had alot to do with hearts and the last place was called "kingdom hearts" the place where all hearts are born? Is that right? I don't remember.

Pheesh
09-26-2004, 12:47 PM
They called it kingdom hearts because of the story and the message it sent. Your second question can be answered with another question, "did you enjoy the game?" Because if you did then the fusing of the 2 paid off, didn't it?

Xander
09-27-2004, 01:49 PM
"FF reborn with Walt Disney" would have been a stupid name, not to mention too long =P And plus, it wasn't an FF game at all really and that would be kinda misleading. It had some FF cameos, yeah, but apart from that it was a game in it's own right, which deserved it's own name. And Kingdom Hearts, because it fits with the story. But I always liked that name, even before I knew why it was called that. It's a really good name for a game. ^_^

And I don't know why they decided in the first place to combine FF chars with Disney but it certainly worked out wonderfully, imo.

Jolts
09-27-2004, 03:52 PM
They used FF characters because they didn't want to create a whole bunch of new characters for such minor parts.

Kingdom Hearts Trivia (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0322968/trivia) (not the EoFF thread)

ninja-yuffie
10-31-2004, 12:41 PM
yeah... why would a 14 year old hang out with disney characters?

Ryth
10-31-2004, 05:54 PM
I like the name and the last place is called Kingdom Hearts and well everyone else said it anyway and i bet something hasn't been revealed to us yet will be answered in future KH games most likely.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-31-2004, 06:07 PM
"Kingdom" evokes a familiar Disney feel, as in the Magic Kingdom, and "Hearts" relates to the game's plot.

abrojtm
10-31-2004, 10:42 PM
I thought the land behind the door was Kingdom Hearts?

DJZen
10-31-2004, 11:21 PM
It is. However, this WOULD imply that there's a king. It might be used in a figurate sense though, like "kingdom come" or "the animal kingdom".

Stimpy141
10-31-2004, 11:27 PM
Are you serious or joking ?