PDA

View Full Version : When I grow up, I wanna... Oh, wait.

Strider
09-26-2004, 09:16 AM
What was the one thing you wanted to grow up to be as a kid? Now imagine that, hey, you actually are what you wished for, whether you actually still want it or not.

I personally wanted to become a game show host, having grown up on High Roller and The Price is Right, and I still think I'd make a pretty good host with my kind of personality.

How do you think you'd do in whatever job you wanted?

Leeza
09-26-2004, 09:36 AM
When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be an elementary school teacher or a model. I'm neither, but I think that I would have been an okay teacher. :cat:

FreaQaZoiD
09-26-2004, 09:37 AM
I wanted to ride an A-Bomb, and take a photo...and i wanted to be a penguin...which I still intend to be, but the cynics are really staring to bring me down.

I'm halfway there - I have a camera, and a cool room.

~~~FreaQ

Miriel
09-26-2004, 09:53 AM
As a kid, my dream was to be a ballerina. Pink tutu and everything :p

I took lessons for years, performed in shows, danced in competitions, but it stopped being my "dream" a long time ago. I love dancing and performing but I never had the kind of dedication one would need to be a professional ballet dancer. It was always something I enjoyed doing on the side, never something I could devote my life to.

Breine
09-26-2004, 10:22 AM
When I was a kid I had this crazy dream about becoming an animator for Disney! :D All my life I've had good skills in the drawing department and everybody (My friends) said that I should be an animator for Disney. One of them even went so far as calling me "Disney-tegner" (Disney drawer). Well, obviously my childhood dream hasn't come true...yet ;)

Meat Puppet
09-26-2004, 10:33 AM
I wanted to be an artist :spin:

And I'm sorta going on that track, trying to be a photographer. Art photographer!

Pure Strife
09-26-2004, 11:00 AM
So far I'm thinking rock star, gigalo, or professional bum. Possibly a subtle blend of all three. I'll let you know how it goes.

Zifnab
09-26-2004, 11:12 AM
I wanted to be a wizard. Seriously.

Levian
09-26-2004, 12:10 PM
I wanted to be Margaret Thatcher. I haven't reached my goal.. yet.

Xander
09-26-2004, 12:17 PM
When I was younger I wanted to be a model, a fashion designer, a postman, a lorry driver, a bus driver, work with horses...that's about all I remember. xD

I wouldn't have done too well at most because I wouldn't fit model criteria, don't know or care about fashion, can barely maneuvre (sp >_<) my own car, let alone a lorry, wouldn't know my directions to drive a bus, and really don't want to work with smelly horses. The postman thing still might be fun though, if this web design thing doesn't work out ^_^

Rostum
09-26-2004, 12:23 PM
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a super-hero, but now I love music and so I'm going to go and study audio engineering. Oh the times have changed... =(

*flies off into the sky*

Craig
09-26-2004, 12:28 PM
I wanted to be a Games Designer when I was like 11, glad I got bored of that or I might be taking a computer course at college right now.. :eek:

Heartless
09-26-2004, 12:40 PM
When i was little i wanted to be an astronaut..i found it so fascinating..

Giga Guess
09-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Game Designer. Still do, really.

Skogs
09-26-2004, 05:53 PM
I wanted to be an architecht. I certainly wouldn't mind it as a job, but biological and health sciences have long ago taken over as my main interest.

Peegee
09-26-2004, 06:04 PM
I dunno, a policeman, firefighter? I wouldn't mind being those things now except 1) I don't think I can make the physical requirements (especially that of firefighter, and 2) I don't see the glamour any more.

Yamaneko
09-26-2004, 06:21 PM
I wanted to be a dinosaur.

Leeza
09-26-2004, 06:22 PM
...but you ended up being a Russian Mountain Cat instead. :) :cat:

nik0tine
09-26-2004, 06:28 PM
I wanted to be a bad guy. No joke.

escobert
09-26-2004, 07:18 PM
I dunno what I wanted to be.

Ancient Goddess
09-26-2004, 07:26 PM
When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be an elementary school teacher or a model. I'm neither, but I think that I would have been an okay teacher.

I wanted to be a school teacher too...but when I was 9 or 10 I became a baby-sitter...then I realized I couldn't deal with young kids everyday without becoming psychotic and tearing my hair out.

I still get those urges around my younger cousins.

Chris
09-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Growing up I always wanted to a Paleontologist.
But after I scoped the informations together,
I finally released that I don't have what it takes to become one - :( -
And now I'm seventeen sittin' home all day doin' nuthin.

Psychotic
09-26-2004, 10:52 PM
Either:

http://www.historyguide.org/images/gorbachev.gif

Or:

http://www.guinea-pigs-guinea-pigs.com/pictures-images-photos/guinea-pigs-04.jpg

I still can't pick a career path out of the two of them. And the great thing is, I'm not actually joking about these two :)

War Angel
09-27-2004, 12:01 AM
I wanted to be a teacher for a really long period of time. During that time, I also wanted to be a fighter pilot... which has been my dream for years and years now. After failing the air force's final tests, that dream will also remain just that - a dream.

I'll probably end up doing something in the military, or really becoming a teacher... though the payment sucks.

Logan
09-27-2004, 12:21 AM
I wanted to be a firefighter for a while, because of my dad, but now I think I would hate that job. I hate that my dad has that job even. He's hardly home.

I also wanted to be a teacher. I'd be an okay teacher, I think.

Pheesh
09-27-2004, 03:33 AM
I have wanted to write for OPSM2 for as long as i can remember. But i will be going to uni to get a journalist or writers degree, that's one of the things that i am sure of.

black orb
09-27-2004, 04:27 AM
>>> I wanted to be a scientist, it was my dream as a child..

Casey
09-27-2004, 06:27 AM
When I was 9 I always wanted to be an Assassin. I'm joining the Marines to... So yeah....

Shlup
09-27-2004, 08:31 AM
I wanted to be a marine biologist for the longest time. Really though, I just wanted to jump off an orca's nose every day at 11:00, 3:00, and 4:30.

I also wanted to teach elementary school. Gimmie probably... two more years to fully catch up to that one. Being qualified to teach in California is a pain.

Calliope
09-28-2004, 06:40 AM
Until I hit high school, I wanted to be either an artist or a paleontologist.

It's kinda working out, because I still sort of draw, and I dig Stalin! :D

nik0tine
09-28-2004, 08:01 AM
I wanted to be a marine biologist for the longest time. Really though, I just wanted to jump off an orca's nose every day at 11:00, 3:00, and 4:30.

haha ALL 14 year old girls want to be marine biologists!

At the moment, I want to compose some great music. That will never happen though, as nobody cares. I gotta keep reminding myself this isn' the baroque era.

Loony BoB
09-28-2004, 12:50 PM
I wanted to race motorbikes or work with computers. I'm working with computers, but it's not quite as exciting as I intended on it being. Still, I wanted to make a game and that's still a possibility, although it'll be years in the making.

Iceglow
09-29-2004, 12:30 PM
As a kid there was only one job I ever wanted to do I wanted to be a fighter pilot (ok I got exposed to top gun at a young age and was intoxicated with it) now I still want to be a fighter pilot however I need to improve my physics a little to do it

Silmaril
09-29-2004, 01:08 PM
I wanted to be a scientist, a writer, a woodcutter, an artist, a model, an actress, a psychologist and a millionaire

theundeadhero
10-01-2004, 06:00 AM
When I grow up I wanna be a mop!

Estes
10-01-2004, 07:26 AM
I have always wanted to be the "Emperor of the World". and let me tell you it will happen someday. but first i gotta get my own country, Estopia...it'll be wonderful, for me at least.

Shlup
10-01-2004, 07:33 AM
haha ALL 14 year old girls want to be marine biologists!
It's true. xD

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-01-2004, 07:52 AM
I'm thinking about being a cowboy.

-N-
10-01-2004, 09:03 AM
I wanted to be an astronaut so bad. I still kinda do. But now I fully understand the extent of my limiting physical conditions that prevent me from being one, so I'm slowly coming to accept that. I wouldn't have been that great of an astronaut, as I'd mostly just kick it in the space station floating around and doing crazy shit instead of work.

Polaris
10-01-2004, 10:41 AM
when I was a kid I wanted to be an english teacher... I've always wanted to be that and I now I am so close to full my dream.... :)

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
10-01-2004, 10:42 AM
as a kid i wanted to draw for a career.....

...still draw...but not for a career.....figured the competition wold be way too huge so i draw on occasion when inspiration bites me in the ass!

these days im leaning into psychology

Jack
10-01-2004, 11:14 AM
I wanted to write as a career, i still do and I might be getting somewhere on that one...
I always wanted to be a teacher and that's what i'm trying achieve. But I guess the secret desire was to be a rock star. In a band called "The Metal Petals" and singing "The everlastintg Gaze" live.

I can't sing that well

LH
10-01-2004, 06:48 PM
I always wanted to be a baseball player. Now I'm two weeks from my 20th birthday and in no shape to playing the game at any level, let alone pro, so I guess that dream has died.

Sophitia
10-01-2004, 09:36 PM
I wanted to be a vet xD what a classic thought :D Vets rocked, but then I wanted to be a designer but got bored by the shallowness ¬_¬ lol now me ish concentrating on being a photo-journalist or a writer or something ^-^ it rocks :D

theundeadhero
10-02-2004, 03:57 AM
Really I wanted to be a rock and roll star. But that isn't gonna happen because I can'y play any instruments, and I can't sing. ... and I'm ugly

kikimm
10-02-2004, 04:05 AM
When I was younger...it was:horse trainre, dress designer (I know, I know), veterinarian(sp?), actor/director, psychologist.

And now. Well, I still want to do the whole acting/directing thing. But I also love to write---I'm getting more and more into it as I get older. I love the feeling writing gives you.

All I know is that I want to do something creative. There's even a part of me that wants to make games. As long as it deals with the right side of the brain, I'm in. No way, in hell, will I ever use the math I've been doing after the second I graduate highschool. I want to get as far away from that as possible.

:D

Trumpet Thief
10-02-2004, 04:09 AM
Game Designer. Still do, really.

chaos: Either that, or a voice actor when I was really young.

Rubedo: Although, when we were eight or something, our dream was to become novelists and/or creators of anime, or any other tv shows. Most of those dreams still stay for me, but, from when I was a kid, I've realized it's waaay harder than any of us may picture it.