PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tidbits *spoilers*

Jolts
09-26-2004, 01:21 PM
Did anyone else notice the bit of foreshadowing while Sora was in his room at the beginning (right before he notices the storn on the island)?

He stares up at what looks like a pirate ship with two dolls in it. One looking female and the other looking male. After the island incident, the pirate ship at Neverland is the first place that Sora finally sees Kairi's actual body.

Pheesh
09-26-2004, 01:25 PM
I think the dolls were meant to show sora's longing to escape the island (preferably with kairi).

I think this thread could go a long way. As long as someone can find little bits of info then this thread can last.

Jolts
09-26-2004, 01:37 PM
Yeah, but their trip away from the island was planned on a raft, not in a ship.

Anyway, if you didn't pick it up from the game, or my previous post here, Sora and the others didn't actually live on the island (well, maybe Wakka, Tidus, and Selphie did). First, Sora looks outside to see the island in a storm, then when he returns, he exclaims "Riku's boat! And Kairi's!?" (somethin' like that).
I didn't pick that up on my first play through. I used to think that they lived on the island itself. I also thought that they didn't have parents, until you hear Sora's mom call for him for dinner (or did she tell him to go to sleep? I can't remember), and Riku saying that they may never see their parents again.

StarlightAngel
09-26-2004, 06:00 PM
They probably live somewhere in the town/city.

Pheesh
09-27-2004, 02:44 AM
They do live on the island but sora's house is located where you start the race with riku. What he sees when he looks out the window is the other part of the island with riku and kairi's boat. Also the trip was planned on a rat because that was the easiest option. I don't think Sora made a doll about what he HAD to do, i think he made one about what WANTED to do.

Doomgaze
09-27-2004, 02:50 AM
...What? No. Where did you get that idea? The angles are all wrong, and there aren't any houses there, not to mention the distance of water.

Also, if I am not mistaken, the "ship" is actually an airship - I think it has propellers like the FFIV airships.

Now, what I wonder is... is any of this real? Note that you can see the island from Sora's house, but not vice versa.

Pheesh
09-27-2004, 03:05 AM
I just had an idea. If you have seen the kh2 trailer you would remember the girl who looks like kairi walking through a town. That town is on an island wich is a short way apart from another island. Maybe sora lives on the island the girl was walking on and destiny island is the other one. But how would sora get over there so fast? This is indeed a dilly of a pickle.

Jolts
09-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Scene shifting. For all you know, the trip from one island to the next takes hours, but it would be frickin' boring to be forced to watch them float in those dinky boats the whole time.

Also the trip was planned on a rat

:lol: :laugh: (try picturing that)

---EDIT---
Here's another one of my little tidbits, only this one is for Kingdom Hearts II. KHII voices (http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0390163). If you notice, Ming-Na is doing the voice of Mulan. I thought it was kinda' interesting that Ming-Na is connected to both Disney and SquEnix. She was the original voice of Fa Mulan in Disney's Mulan, and she also did the voice of Aki Ross in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

chionos
09-28-2004, 10:05 AM
nice tidbit. I know that square originally wanted to make aki ross some kind of mascot, but when the movie bombed they had to scrap that idea.(although aki was voted sexiest woman of the year by maxim that year ;) ) I wonder if at that time, though, they worked some kind of long-term deal out with ming. That would be interesting.