PDA

View Full Version : The Weapons a challenge?

Cloud_Strife14
09-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Have some of you gotten so good at FF7 that Ruby and Emareld aren't a challenge any more? I have. There should be a monster arena (like in 10) where you canfight them again and get them stronger some how. The game gets really challengeless when their gone.

Dreddz
09-26-2004, 08:20 PM
kool ill try it out.have u really that gd.I Dont think you are.

TasteyPies
09-26-2004, 08:25 PM
The red one is so freaken hard, how can you beat em EASILY?

I can't beat him at all :(

Ultima Shadow
09-26-2004, 08:29 PM
Seriously... I found them to be pretty patetic once you've got all the good stuff.

Even without KotR you can slay them without any trouble. They really aren't that tough.

However... when you think they'r too easy you can try to beat them without materia.

Ancient Goddess
09-26-2004, 11:02 PM
Well, Emerald Weapon was easy for me...it was Ruby that was the one that was the hardest.

One of the things that I actually enjoyed about FFVII was the chocobo breeding and the cheat for racing them. So one day when I was trying to go around to look for chocobos, I ran into Ruby Weapon....kicked my butt the first time I played because I was unprepared for it. As soon as I saw the "Game Over" screen, I restarted it and gave it everything I had....it was a shame that it was probably the only tough battle in the entire game for me.

Chris
09-26-2004, 11:30 PM
I don't believe any of you !!! LIARS !!!

Emerald was easy...but Ruby, LIARS !!!

DJZen
09-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Ruby's easy once you figure out his weaknesses and strengths.

Ultima Shadow
09-27-2004, 06:56 AM
I don't believe any of you !!! LIARS !!!

Emerald was easy...but Ruby
...was even easier. :tongue: He's only a real problem when you fight him without materia...

Mo-Nercy
09-27-2004, 11:40 AM
It's all preparation these days. Anyone can beat Ruby and Emerald with ease. It's called KOTR, Mime, Final Attack, Phoenix, Hades. I think it's safe to assume that everybody knows how to beat the two WEAPONS. It's hardly a huge accomplishment anymore.

Your right in that there is no challenge after beating these two WEAPONS. I suppose you can try and finish the game with healing or resting at all. :D

The Triumphant Hero
09-27-2004, 12:01 PM
I think you could try to beat the game with nothing but starting equipment, no materia, and no accesories. It would make emerald a bit easier, but ruby...

Chris
09-27-2004, 01:05 PM
I've already beated the game hundred of times, even without the use of materia. I guess Ruby isn't all that hard...I only tried him out once a couple of years ago :greenie:
Maybe I should try him out again, I've done everything there is to do in FFVII except defeating Ruby weapon, so, maybe I should give it a go.
The reason for my reaction, were simply because the one time I fought him I remember getting my ass kicked around.

Ultima Shadow
09-27-2004, 06:20 PM
I think you could try to beat the game with nothing but starting equipment, no materia, and no accesories. It would make emerald a bit easier, but ruby...
I've beaten the game that way + solo character. Now THAT was a challange. Beating the final boss this way is 100 times as hard as beating emerald and ruby with the old overpowered stuff.
However... I think it's pretty much impossible to beat the weapons this way...
Beating them without materia is possible and hard enough. But I think it's impossible to beat them without all the other stuff too... since that means you'll inflict about 74 dammage everytime you attack Ruby... and Ruby has 1 million HP...

aeris2001x2
09-27-2004, 06:28 PM
Lol. unfornately i killed them long before i had mastered materia, decent stats and max levels. so i cant test out how easy they can become.

But they are still easily in the top ten of all super bosses chart. They will always remain godly.

And thats not through bias. on a rational level unless you are prepered to max stats or materia up to a point, or use cheap ass cheat lucky 7...they will remain a challenge.

And i,m not crap at super bosses. i,ve crushed Penance with ease. i think my opinion is valid.

Dark bahamut
10-02-2004, 06:38 PM
hehehe, ive got to the same stage. emerald is dead in under 10 minutes now, and ruby is just under 12 usually. the game sucks when you beat them, i agree, but utsa still the best FF ever made