PDA

View Full Version : Seymor 1

Cloud man 1989
09-27-2004, 12:29 AM
How in God's name do you defeat Seymor the first time you fight him. I keep getting him down to about 1000 life then he brings out the damn anima Aeon and I can't kill anima. Sometimes though he pulls out his aeon as soon as I kill the too gaurds with my Ixion but then he kills Ixion and summons anima.

It would really help if you tell me how to kill seymor 1

thnks

EDIT) thanks all i think i should just go power everyone's overdrive so i can kill at the beginning but i not problem at all killing the machina crawler so i figured this would be easy

Ancient Goddess
09-27-2004, 01:13 AM
Well there are some trigger commands you can use to up some of your characters stats during this battle. I think Tidus, Yuna, and Wakka have them...I know the first two are correct...Wakka was just a guess.

If you have any Nul Armor, it's best to use it in this battle. And if your aeons or Yuna are in their overdrive, it also helps.

First have Rikku steal potions from the two Guado soldiers, then bring in Yuna to cast all of the Nul-Element spells on the characters you use (she will have to keep doing this, since Seymour uses elemental magic, so it's a good idea to make her one of the fighters you use). Have Tidus cast Haste and kill off the two soldiers first. Then use whatever strategy you used to get Seymour to call out Anima. I personally had Tidus, Yuna, and Auron, so that the two warriors could beat the crap out of Seymour while Yuna healed, but that's just me.

When Seymour calls out Anima, call in your aeons to use their overdrives (or get one good hit in). Just keep stalling and use your aeons as sheilds for Anima's attacks (sad, but it does work) until Tidus says something to Yuna about another aeon. Follow his directions, and you'll get another force to help you that can cause 9999HP of damage in one attack.

Good luck, and I hope I helped.

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 02:51 AM
Take out those ugly guado goons at the beginning by mixing two common maps, then pull out Shiva when Anima comes out, you gotta try to lose Shiva vs Anima... Afterward you can take Seymour down by overdriving him with another Aeon, this strategy works with base stats and initial equipment with no customization so it will most definately work for you as well.

Lon611
09-27-2004, 04:18 AM
use rikku to steal hi-potions from the two guado guards (that way they can't heal themselves :D ) and then kill them. start attacking seymour, and he'll summon anima. you're supposed to summon your new aeon, shiva. when shiva's hp gets low, heal her by casting blizzard(?) on her. you should then be able to get in a good number of oversdrives in :p anima well die, and shiva might. seymour will go balistic and start multi-casting spells. use null-whatever. there's a pattern on what spell he uses, but i 4got. then go kick his ass :cool:

kikimm
09-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Righto. Listen to the other people who posted here, what they said should work. But just in case: the nul-spells. Seymour will use fire/ice/thunder/water spells in a SPECIFIC order. Cast your nul-spells in that order. That's a key factor in winning this battle. Obviously, you have to steal from his guado-helpers so they stop healing him, or whatever they do(haven't played this game in awhile, so bear with me). Then, when Seymour takes out Anima, just use your best attackers, or use your best spells until her overdrive is ready. Then, summon an aeon, as it will do a great deal less damage.

EDIT::Oh, and make sure to use the trigger-commands here. I think they make you twice as strong.

After that's over, start doing the nul-stuff again, unttil he's dead. It won't take too long.

Good luck!

:D

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 08:15 AM
meh, one Shiva overdrive after Anima goes down and Seymour is toast, no need to bother with nul-spells.

Ancient Goddess
09-27-2004, 03:53 PM
meh, one Shiva overdrive after Anima goes down and Seymour is toast, no need to bother with nul-spells.

Well, by the sounds of it, Cloud man 1989's characters may not be leveled up enough for them to be strong enough to withstand Seymour's magic. Extra precautions are better than taking none, anyway.

Well, now you know that it's Shiva that came out...I was hoping that others wouldn't spoil that for you, since it sounds like it's your first time playing...but oh well.

Necronopticous
09-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Well, by the sounds of it, Cloud man 1989's characters may not be leveled up enough

This was my strategy for beating Seymour with base stats, initial equipment, and no customizations.