PDA

View Full Version : SITB's Masterful Gil-Making Scheme of Doom (Patent Pending)

square_is_the_best
09-27-2004, 03:25 AM
Short on gil? Need to pay off a debt to some fiend? Got a bit of free time? If you said yes to any of these questions, then this is for you!

First, have the Masamune fully upgraded. Have around 120ish strength for Auron. Teach Auron flee via a teleport or friend sphere or whatever. Unlock One-Eye (ctch a bunch of the floating eyeballs).

---

Now you have two choices:
1)Have another charecter's ultimate weapon fully upgraded and let him her have a pretty decent attack (Tidus is highly recommended)
2)Teach Auron Quick Hit.
Now, off to the monster arena we go. SAVE. Talk to the guy, fight monsters, Besaid, Dingo, yes Dingo. KILL AURON with a good flare. Kill Dingo.

---

Heal everybody EXCEPT Auron. Keep Auron with Masamune and two others in the party(if you chose #1, then keep Auron and Tidus and someone else). Now talk to the guy, fight monsters, Species conquest, One-eye.

---

If you are ambushed, flee immediately with Auron (he has first strike) You did teach him flee right?
If you are not ambushed you once again have two choices:
a)If you chose #1, then attack with Auron. This should be 99999 if not close. Then attack with Tidus or whoever you gave that fully upgraded weapon. This should kill him with overkill. If not then use method b.
b)If you chose #2, then use Quick Hit with Auron right off. This should give you another turn pretty soon. Attack with Auron again. He should go down with overkill.

---

Now at the battle spoils screen, you get decent AP, some nce items (sometimes it's Dark Matter x2 which is always good), and a weapon or equipment of some sort. You either get a Mage's (something) or a weapon with triple AP and either one or two empty slots. If you want, you can spend a nice chunk of time getting a triple AP +two slots weapon for everyone. Now comes the slightly repetitive part. Fight One-eye over and over again for a few times. If you are poor, do this until you are broke. If not do this around ten times.

---

Now for a little math. You have to spend 8000 gil everytime you fight One-eye. If you get a Mage armor form him, sell it for close to 9000. Thats a 1000 profit. If you get a Triple AP+one slot weapon, sell it for 22000. A hefty 14000 profit. Now if you get a Triple AP+two slots weapon, you can sell it for...ready? 67500 gil! Thats a 59500 gil profit! No more long hours in the Omega ruins trying to bump into a mimic anymore! And remember, you are doing this 10 at a time. Half a million gil. Each battle with One-eye takes approximately half of a minute. You can be a millionaire on 20 minutes (20 because you don't always get the right weapon)!

---

Need a place for all that cash? How bout building 99 sphere level weapons? You can easily get Triple AP from One-eye. Get one with two slots. Hopefully you have 70 Door to Tomorrow (for overdrive to AP for all charecters) customize each of the Triple AP weapons with overdrive to AP. If you are having trouble getting weapon for a specific charecter, try letting that person participate (ie: attack with him/her) in the battle with One-Eye. It usually works. Once you have 14000000 (4 hors and 40 minutes) go to Bikanel and save in the left side near the "dangerous fiend area" (the one near that Al Bhed sign). Find a Sand Wurm and bribe it for 900000 gil and hope you get at least 13-14 Winning Formula. Save right after you do this. Repeat until you have 90. Give them to three charecter's weapons to put Triple overdrive on the weapon. They should have a very cool sounding names. Now save again. Repeat this Sand Wurm hunting process procedure until 90. Customize. Repeat until 30. Customize last person.
Now go do that Overdrive mode:Comrade, auto-phoenix(optional), Karma thing with Don Tonberry for ALOT of AP. If you run out of spheres, fight Kottos at monster arena (area conquest, Mi'ihen I think) and use a distiller of the one you lack. He's pretty easy. Harder than One-eye cause he counters.

---

Now for a little bragging. These are the weapons I have so far (I left the names as spoilers cause you may want to find them out yourselves):
-Tidus Weapon Name: Ragnarok
-Yuna Weapon Name: Heavenly Axis
-Kimhari Weapon Name: Luin
This is how much gil I have: 3091384

Not bad if I do say so myself. So brag yourselves and tell me how you like my Masterful Gil-Making Scheme of DOOOOOOMMMM!!!!...(patent pending)