PDA

View Full Version : College "Hook-ups"

Dingo Jellybean
09-27-2004, 04:59 AM
Ever been involved in a hookup?

It's different in college. This might get a little graphic, so you don't have to read any further.

But basically a hookup is pretty much hooking up with some anonymous person on campus, and basically just fondling with body parts and getting funky funky without seeing that person the next day...or ever.

The problem with this is that it's easy to get emotionally attached, basically a "catch feeling."

Personally, I can't recommend this to anyone really...it's too easy to become emotionally attached. You should always stick to your true friends, but experimentation can sometimes have dire consequences. I think 3/4 college student goes through this, so I guess it isn't anything too new.

Peegee
09-27-2004, 05:27 AM
This isn't for everybody. Do it if you enjoy sex but lack a committed partner.

Del Murder
09-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Yeah, I hooked up my shirts every couple weeks or so when I did laundry. I don't like folding them.

Casey
09-27-2004, 06:29 AM
Me to man. I'm to conservative to hook-up with somebody on the first night, you never know how many guys shes been with, and what if she gots aids or some sexual transmitted disease? Its just not worth it. IMO.

kikimm
09-27-2004, 06:42 AM
No thanks. That's supposed to be intimate stuff, done with someone you love, or really like, and have known for a considerable amount of time. Not some random person you meet at a party. But maybe that's just me.

I just wouldn't feel right afterwards. I'd lose a great deal of respect for myself, that's for sure. Yeah, it's fun to make-out with some good-looking guy/girl you just met, but when it starts going further than that...I'd want a relationship.

:D

Shlup
09-27-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm often spending the night in another guy's apartment... my boyfriend's. He lives down the hall from me. We've been together since high school, so no hooking up for us.

I had a couple hookups before I got together with him (the kind where you don't have sex tho). It was, uh... well, not bad. I knew the guys before though. I would never hook up with a stranger.

fire_of_avalon
09-27-2004, 05:01 PM
I've been in a committed relationship since I've been in school. My roommate last year, however... let's just say I got woken up from time to time.

If it gets you through, I guess it's ok. No, it's not ok, I don't really see the point in it when you can just do it yourself if you're "in need". To my knowledge (which considering the aforementioned roommate, is pretty extensive) these things usually happen when you're drunk. That's a great time to be screwing around with a stranger, let me tell you.

Big D
09-28-2004, 10:17 AM
According to somebody's research, the average student at my university has six one-night stands per year...

Which means that half have fewer, and half have more than six.

I have had none, ever.

-N-
09-28-2004, 08:18 PM
So that means someone's out there who's had 12. Solid. [ / rape_stats ] :D

eestlinc
09-30-2004, 05:51 AM
i had a few romantic involvements while in college, but NEVER with anyone who went to my college. which is kinda weird.