PDA

View Full Version : Terra's morphing

i-kant
09-28-2004, 05:53 AM
um...i'm at the stage where I'm back to narsche to talk to the elders and then i'm off to the cave of the espers to get them to help the war effort.

during a battle, I notice terra has the "morph" command, which changes her into that snowy esper form. I don't know what purpose that serves though. Can someone explain how morph works?

Storm
09-28-2004, 06:15 AM
I believe morphing increases Terra's magic attack and magic defense.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Also, the less often you have Tina transform, the longer her transformed state will last when you do.

Strider
09-28-2004, 07:50 AM
I believe the Morph state doubles physical and magical attack and defense. Could be wrong, though.

And what Kishi said.

Dark Falken
09-28-2004, 03:38 PM
So does it keep track of how many ties you morph and adjust the duration accordingly or is it setup so you remain morphed for shorter and shorter successive time periods....resetting if you "rest" a while (ie not morphing)? :confused:

Doomgaze
09-30-2004, 04:43 AM
It's based on how long it's been since you last morphed. And her level, I think. She also seems to be able to hold it much better in WoR, but that may just be the level thing.

Strider
09-30-2004, 07:03 AM
If you're good enough, you should really only have to use it one time in the WoB, anyway, in the fight against Ultros up in the Crescent Mountains, before you get Relm.

Dark Falken
09-30-2004, 03:47 PM
Ahhh...thanks for the heads up. :)

TasteyPies
10-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I think you start out with 25 seconds fully charged. 25 seconds is pretty long considering all the menus and attacks that pause the clock.

lgrowse
10-27-2004, 05:29 PM
in morph status her magic power is doubled and every time you morph the alloted time is increased by 5%

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
11-02-2004, 08:18 PM
I never really understood what the wait was.

Does it only count the time she spends in battle without morphing?

I don't think it has anything to do with how often you morph; that would slow the recovery down.

I battled a million battles in the forest so she went from lvl 40 to 99 hardly ever morphing. Battling Kefka is a joke. I can fight the whole battle with her morphed (just Kefka). I should time it and compare it to the 25 seconds that we allegedly know is the initial value. It's probably about a minute or so.

Venom65437
11-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Yea, Terra can be a real powerhouse in morphed form. I save it for bosses.

Doomgaze
11-02-2004, 10:28 PM
I've heard it has something to do with Magic Points (the ones you get to learn spells, not the ones you use to cast spells)

This might be wrong, though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
11-02-2004, 10:35 PM
It's also highly dependent on the current phase of the moon.

theundeadhero
11-02-2004, 11:06 PM
I never morph until I fight in the last battle anyway. Even then I don't morph most of the time.

Wuggly Blight
11-02-2004, 11:33 PM
Terra is really helpful morphed in the final battles, it can usually gurantee a nice 9999 sometimes if you did some good work early on in the game.

Captain Maxx Power
11-03-2004, 10:26 AM

And let's not forget what part of the world you happen to be fighting in at the time. Climate changes n all.

Dignified Pauper
11-04-2004, 10:52 PM

I've always done better when playing during full moon and new moon nights...

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
11-05-2004, 12:11 AM
I just morph in the final battle b/c I don't usually morph, and she looks cool. If I don't morph, then her magic does 9999x2 anyway. She can do that around lvl 70, so after that I gave her spd +1's. I didn't even have to use magic! The muscle belt maxed out her HP, and Arutima Weapon did 9999x4. I have the right thing equipped that absorbs fire, so whenever Kefka casts Fallen Angel, Merton hits him and heals Terra for 9998. Sometimes, I use it on my weak teammates against the angels after they finish casting defensive magic on Terra so they die. I know; it's kinda weird. I just got sick of maxing out stats after I was half way through Locke, so I was stuck with a goddess and a bunch of weak characters that function as slaves in the final battle and just barely made it through their part in the Tower. It was frustrating leaving the Goddess by herself when I realised that some monsters cast Trade-off, so I had to remember to run. My strategy is even weirder since Terra is named after a girl I like, and the rest after various people I know. The 'various people I know' don't know they're in my game, except for myself. Usually, when I play RPG's, I lvl up almost everybody or the party I'm going to use, but doing that in FFVI is rather tedious, so I devised the Goddess/slave strategy.

If you have hi spd, does that affect morphing time? I hope the bar doesn't run out faster.

After beating Kefka like that, I was hungry for a challenge, so I loaded up the one right before Floating Continent and continued from there a Celes, Edgar, and Setzer challenge. Which I was successful at.

theundeadhero
11-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Except for Mog, Relm, Gau, and Umaro I pretty much lvl up my characters evenly using certains ones at certain parts in the game. It's really effective.