PDA

View Full Version : The 5th Symphony

nik0tine
09-28-2004, 07:53 AM
The topic is simply, beethovens 5th symphoney. Personally, I think it's amazing. Discuss.

Heartless
09-28-2004, 08:45 AM
It's excellent..no else need to say...

Big D
09-28-2004, 09:42 AM
His 9th is my eternal favourite, but the 5th is also grand. It's probably one of the most widely recognised classical compositions, thanks to the distinctive opening bars.

I've always found Beethoven's works to be quite dark (compared to Mozart or Grieg, for instance) but very complex and emotive.

Armisael
09-28-2004, 12:49 PM
His 9th is my eternal favourite, but the 5th is also grand. It's probably one of the most widely recognised classical compositions, thanks to the distinctive opening bars.

I've always found Beethoven's works to be quite dark (compared to Mozart or Grieg, for instance) but very complex and emotive.
Yeah.."Ode to Joy"is awesome,i think is the best classical song ever composed,but i must admit that 5th is great too...

TasteyPies
09-28-2004, 03:10 PM
beethoven sucks bach is better

air on a G string.. Mmm mmm

Lord Chainsaw
09-28-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't know I personally think the 5th Symphony is overrated. I think it is good, but I don't think it should be considered the greatest piece of classical music ever written.

I'm not a big fan of Beethoven. I do like his 9th Symphony and Moonlight Sonata though.

Now Bach, that puppy rocks my world.

nik0tine
09-28-2004, 11:26 PM
beethoven sucks bach is better

air on a G string.. Mmm mmm

Your forgetting little Fugue in G minor, and Toccata and Fugue.

krissy
09-29-2004, 05:10 AM
ugggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

it wakes me up every morning
because its in my cd stereo whcih turns on at 6 am and im too lazy tochange it

WHASFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

every

morning

eestlinc
09-30-2004, 06:28 AM
the 7th is Beethoven's best symphony in my estimation, but they are all "pretty good". The best Beethoven is his string quartets, though.

but if you want Bach, St Matthew Passion is the place to go.