PDA

View Full Version : Biggs? Wedge?

Peegee
09-28-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm watching star wars now, and these two characters (fighter pilots) are recurring in each of the movies. Did FF allude to these characters, or are Biggs and Wedge just names they used?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-28-2004, 02:01 PM
Yes. The Biggs and Wedge in FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFX, and Chrono Trigger are references to the Biggs and Wedge in Star Wars.

For the record, though, they're not both recurring in each of the Star Wars films, since Biggs dies in the first one.

Peegee
09-28-2004, 02:56 PM
Oh, then it was wedge I was thinking was Biggs the entire time?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-28-2004, 04:48 PM
I guess, yeah. Biggs was the one with the moustache.

Big D
09-29-2004, 07:43 AM
Biggs Darklighter and Wedge Antilles are the characters in the films; the FF characters never seem to get surnames.

Wasn't Wedge an old friend of Luke's? I'm pretty sure he knew one of them from back on Tattooine...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah, Biggs was Luke's buddy from Tattooine. He was supposed to have this scene where he talks to Luke about...something before the whole adventure gets underway, which probably would have made his death as impactful as it clearly was supposed to be, but it was cut, and there weren't even enough scraps of it intact to patch together for the special edition.

Erdrick Holmes
09-29-2004, 04:49 PM
I never knew Square ment to use it based off of the starwars characters. I wonder if they'll ever have Blitzball on Naboo or Chocob Races on Tatooine.

Wait, Biggs and Wedge in Chrono Trigger? I've beaten the whole game and never seen them.

m4tt
09-29-2004, 05:07 PM
They're in the that one house where you get the crono clone.

Doomgaze
09-29-2004, 08:54 PM
They used Vicks for Biggs in CT and FF3us, for whatever reason.

Wedge is the only character to survive fighting in both Death Star battles and the Battle of Hoth~

also, the actor who played him is Ewan McGregor's uncle.

Big D
09-30-2004, 12:29 AM
They used Vicks for Biggs in CT and FF3us, for whatever reason.The Japanese text for 'Biggs' can probably be transliterated as 'Vicks' or 'Biggs' with equal accuracy, so I'd guess it's not exactly "wrong".

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-30-2004, 01:12 AM
Well, it is wrong, since the name was intended as "Biggs."