PDA

View Full Version : First Post!

Polyonymous
09-28-2004, 04:04 PM
dont you feel special when you make the first post in a thread? lets see who makes the first post in this one :D

but anyway, how do you think being the first poster is good (or bad), or how do you feel when you start a very active topic? Do you read through all of the posts in a topic with lots of posts, or do you read the first few and then post for yourself? or maybe you just skip right to the reply button.
I read the first few in an active topic, all the more reason to post in it early on. :D
discuss.

Jebus
09-28-2004, 04:06 PM
I read the entire thread, so posting first is completly irrelevant to me.

Trumpet Thief
09-28-2004, 04:20 PM
chaos: Posting first? Not really, but sometimes, when I give someone the first user note, it feels sort of nice.

Rubedo: Other than that, in threads, I don't really seem to care.

Leeza
09-28-2004, 04:23 PM
<b>dont you feel special when you make the first post in a thread?</b> No, not particularly. It just means that I was one of the people online at the time and just happened to read a new thread first and I felt like responding to it.

<b>but anyway, how do you think being the first poster is good (or bad)</b> It's not good or bad. It might be good because your opinion will be posted before everyone else comes in and posts basically the same thing. Bad because sometimes it's good to read a lot of different opinions and maybe find something that you haven't considered before so your response after reading a lot of posts before yours will end up being different than if you made the first post.

<b>how do you feel when you start a very active topic?</b> I never start threads so I have no opinion on that. :cat:

<b>Do you read through all of the posts in a topic with lots of posts, or do you read the first few and then post for yourself?</b> I always read every post in a thread before I make a post myself.

<b>or maybe you just skip right to the reply button.</b> No, I never do that and it's quite easy to recognize the people who do do that. :)

Psychotic
09-28-2004, 06:04 PM
dont you feel special when you make the first post in a thread?

Yeah. Especially when it's a newbie thread! Every time you post first in a newbie thread, you get a gold star. And all these stars build up and build up until you have an army, and you can make them battle other people's golden stars! Someone probably will make an awful anime TV show out of it and also trading cards which cost twenty times more than it did to make them.

In short: Yeah, it rocks :greenie:

Shoyku
09-28-2004, 07:00 PM
I don't really care about making a first post or anything like that, but longer threads generally tend to draw me away because I figure whatever it was I wanted to input has already been said... thrice.

Peegee
09-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Usually EoFF posts are opened ended topics, meaning people contribute like crazy to a thread. So the thread started pretty much has very little impact on me (aside from say, that s/he started a thread). Whenever a debate thread starts, I read everything, making the thread starter's importance more....meaningful contextually.

Whenever I start a thread I tend to think myself as omnipotent and immortal...I mean I like the idea of starting threads because it sparks debate...sometimes. I tend to make very dry and serious topics, unless it's spam. :p

nik0tine
09-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Yeah I sorta do feel special when I make the first post, even though that seems pretty damned stupid. It's also pretty cool to start a rather active topic, but I don't think ive started more than one or two of those, if any at all.

Triple T
09-28-2004, 11:36 PM
I don't care, as long as my opinion is heard(or read). Like this one. :)

Giga Guess
09-29-2004, 12:58 AM
If I start a thread that turns out to be pretty big (Like my "Post your user number" thread is working up to be) then I feel pretty good. Other than that...meh.