PDA

View Full Version : Socs and other EoFF Labels.

Agent Proto
09-30-2004, 02:08 AM
First of all, why the hell are the "popular" members now labeled socs?

Second of all, why is there a "rebellion" of some sort to "take down" the socs?

What's the point????

Please enlighten me and others, because personally, I am finding this "socs vs. baotw/others' a bit annoying. Sure it can be fun, but it gets annoying when it's starting to be taken seriously.

Dr Unne
09-30-2004, 02:25 AM
Whatnow? What do those terms even mean? I've seen people use those terms before and I don't understand.

Anyways it seems dumb.

TasteyPies
09-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Socs = Preps = Popular + Mean

A term from the....80s I think....maybe 70s

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 02:33 AM
Socs = Preps = Popular + Mean

A term from the....80s I think....maybe 70s

50's. The labels are especially famous because of their use in The Outsiders. The socs (pronounced so-shs) are the rich kids who're always giving the greasers a hard time, beating them up and treating them like garbage. The greasers are the 'rebels', the poor kids who're beaten down by the system. Just insert 'prep' for soc, as Tastey pointed out.

Anyway, as for the rest of it, I have no idea about any of this, nor do I care. I am rather gassy though.

Big D
09-30-2004, 02:38 AM
I'm still trying to work out what the heck "BaotW" stands for, after months of seeing people write about it.

Shoeberto
09-30-2004, 02:38 AM
Yeah, since when has there been any sort of BAoTW vs. Socs thing? I didn't even know we were starting to label each other.

If it is a war than it's...well, kind of one-sided, as far as I can tell.

edit: Big D: Bored Atheist of the World. Kind of a lame premise for a club, if I do say so myself. Sorry guys.

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 02:39 AM
I'm still trying to work out what the heck "BaotW" stands for, after months of seeing people write about it.

Bored Atheists of the World.

m4tt
09-30-2004, 02:39 AM
Wait, there are labels here?

Del Murder
09-30-2004, 02:42 AM
Sure. There are 'citizens', 'superheroes', and 'villains'. Just pray you aren't in the third group.

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 02:43 AM
Wait, there are labels here?

What, you didnt get yours? Wanna be a fat kid with me? We suck and no one loves us.

*is making up things as she goes along, to note*

TasteyPies
09-30-2004, 02:45 AM
50's. The labels are especially famous because of their use in The Outsiders. The socs (pronounced so-shs) are the rich kids who're always giving the greasers a hard time, beating them up and treating them like garbage. The greasers are the 'rebels', the poor kids who're beaten down by the system. Just insert 'prep' for soc, as Tastey pointed out.

Me own that book along with other literary works by S.E. Hinton.

Not exact quote

He especialy liked the part where she cleaned the hooves because it called for alot of bending over.

Trumpet Thief
09-30-2004, 02:46 AM
chaos: Socs?

Rubedo: And yeah, BAoTW stands for Bored Atheists of the World. It's kinda fun there...

fire_of_avalon
09-30-2004, 02:46 AM
Ooo Ooo Ooo! I wanna be something! Make me something! I don't care what it is! I'll be the pet monkey!

Shoeberto
09-30-2004, 02:50 AM
4) Socs and the EoFF class system.
No, not Socks. Socks = good. SOCS. What are socs? What is the EoFF class system? Ok, lemme explain.

First and foremost, at the top of the food chain, you have socs. They can do whatever they want, break the rules to a certain extent, and pretty much get away with it, because they are loved. They will nearly always win awards, and will often ignore, or at least socially, the people at a lower social level than them.

Then we have the Admins and the Cid's Knights, who while some of them are socs who everyone loves, most of them aren't. However, because of their positions in power, no-one dares challenge them about their biasedness towards the socs, and usually suck up to them.

Next there is the middle classes, who are generally accepted as members of EoFF, and stand a mild chance of winning awards and contests, but not much. They are also not allowed to break the rules as much as socs are, but they are a little bit, plus anything cool that they do do, is largely ignored, or at least is more ignored than it would be if a soc did it. They often spend their time sucking up to socs, as they want to become socs too.

Now we have the wannabes, who are vaguely known, but no-one really likes them and they have 0 chance of winning anything. The mods are also stricter on these people. They suck up to pretty much everyone, and are generally ignored. For example, people pay less attention to their threads. There is a pretty good chance they could have FF names and avatars, which further leads to them being ignored.

At the bottom of the social rung, there is the FF-Forum-only posters, who have FF names and avatars and the like. They don't even know the class system exists, and are quite content to talk about FF games.

We at BAoTW want an end to this, and want all people to be treated with equal respect.
I must be the bottom rung...and have been for something like four years. I've never noticed such a thing.

Oh Internet.

Denmark
09-30-2004, 02:59 AM
I will let Psychotic explain this fully once he sees it, but I'll just give a teaser.

BAoTW was originally formed when Psychotic (and then lesser-known members Pure Strife and Faris_the_guy) were fairly new to EoFF. Socs, according to them back then, are sort of like an aristocracy, or even a bourgeoisie, of people who think they are better than others because they are "popular" for no real reason. They were also referred to as townies, among other things. (These are real life people they were referring to) And so thusly, when Psychotic was still a relative unknown and not nearly as popular as he is now, he labeled the people in positions of power (such as the CKs) as Socs, as well as the popular members (such as Linus). I won't go into much more detail so as to not jeopardize my friend's status here. He'll be on tomorrow, and I bet he'll post in this thread.

TasteyPies
09-30-2004, 03:04 AM
Soooooo....because he is popular, Psy is a Soc? xD

Logan
09-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Who exactly are the "Soc's" at EoFF and wtf what rebellion? I need to pay more attention.

MecaKane
09-30-2004, 03:41 AM
Soooooo....because he is popular, Psy is a Soc? xD
Exactly. Psy's like super popular, he wins awards, he got voted a mod at Eyesoff. But, oh, boo hoo. He's not allowed to spam and be a retard. Which is EXACTLY what his spam is. Completly un-entertaining to everyone but the people doing it.

FightClubFan#47
09-30-2004, 04:18 AM
Socs are everywhere... socs are the people who want EoFF to be reserved for oldbies only... and the people who support G. W .Bush

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 04:25 AM
Socs are everywhere... socs are the people who want EoFF to be reserved for oldbies only... and the people who support G. W .Bush

There's people who want it to be for oldbies only?

And Kane... have I told you lately that I love you?

FightClubFan#47
09-30-2004, 04:29 AM
There's people who want it to be for oldbies only?

Yes... Secretly, they dont like new people, they may not know it, but they do...

Shlup
09-30-2004, 04:30 AM
Whaaaat?

Trumpet Thief
09-30-2004, 04:34 AM
Yes... Secretly, they dont like new people, they may not know it, but they do...

chaos: Poor Newbies....

Rubedo: Once somebody makes a welcome thread, me and Ansem do the average "welcoming".

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 04:35 AM

The Kool-Aid they've been serving over at BAotW... stop drinking it.

Doomgaze
09-30-2004, 04:36 AM
I'm the Fonz.

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 04:39 AM
I'm the Fonz.

Will you jump over a pit of sharks? You have to be on waterskiis.

FightClubFan#47
09-30-2004, 04:43 AM
*Realizes TheAbominatrix wants to take his preacios kool-aid away**hisses* MY PRECIOS *runs away in the night with the cool kool aid...

Trumpet Thief
09-30-2004, 04:46 AM
*Realizes TheAbominatrix wants to take his preacios kool-aid away**hisses* MY PRECIOS *runs away in the night with the cool kool aid...

chaos: Seriously, BAoTW Kool-Aid did taste pretty good...

Rubedo: Although a lil' too addictive...

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 04:48 AM
... I think this situation calls for the power of Phil...

FightClubFan#47
09-30-2004, 04:49 AM
Pills? i'll take a pill.

Trumpet Thief
09-30-2004, 04:52 AM
chaos: Vinnie?

Trowa: Probably someone else. In any case, help is required...

Albedo: :chuckle:

Doomgaze
09-30-2004, 05:07 AM
Will you jump over a pit of sharks? You have to be on waterskiis.

Yes.

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 05:09 AM
Yes.

You're so keen, Fonzie. *swoons*

And I now have the power of Phil! He will protect me.

Trumpet Thief
09-30-2004, 05:14 AM
chaos: He's right! *starts bowing*

Rubedo: *chucks useless pouch of Kool-Aid* Now what am I gonna do in my life? :(

-N-
09-30-2004, 05:16 AM
When I see Socs, I think Socrates. When I think Socrates, I think of intelligent but misguided pioneers. When I think of intelligent but misguided pioneers, I get hungry. So then I get some SPAM! But then I have leftovers and none of my friends want it, so I give it out to people over the Internet.

Seriously, who takes any of this seriously? It's the Internet. Here comes the Get Over It Train... next stop, you! :rolleyes:

Giga Guess
09-30-2004, 05:51 AM
Wait, some oldbies don't like newbies? I love newbies! They go great with a bit of Hot Sauce...

Honestly, I don't know anything about that rebellion, and honestly don't care. I don't even know where I stand on the Heirarchy...(Middle Class? But then, my points thing spread like wildfire...)

Yamaneko
09-30-2004, 06:04 AM
You can arrest me, but you'll never defeat the Cobras!

eestlinc
09-30-2004, 06:05 AM
was a man...was a man...

i see eoff has descended to Jumping the Shark.

Del Murder
09-30-2004, 06:21 AM
:(

Baloki
09-30-2004, 11:43 AM
Proto what have I told you about taking my depressive LJ entries seriously?

Peegee
09-30-2004, 12:02 PM
If socs is what I think it is, I am mod of a forum where I am a soc. Not only that, but a rather senior member of soc-ism. The result? Rampant abuse of seniority, belittling of newbies, pretty much being a childish prick.

I don't see that here. Never have. If there are socs, they are socs because they hang with themselves. Much like in high school all the REAL popular people hang with themselves, but are not aversed to conversing with the 'normals'.

For example Dr Unne and I have never shared words outside of the forums. I leave messages in his blog every so often but that's about it. Yet he and I exchange words whenever I manage to write a coherent retort. Kishi and I have chatted until my PGness got to him, and now we don't talk. Other "lesser socs" are actually my friends.

Anyway, aristocracy or not, it is still possible to join their ranks. And if PG the foul mouthed dyslexic innebriant can do it, so can you!

edit: update:

Kishi and I have chatted until my PGness got to him, and now we don't talk.I don't think I've ever said that I don't want to talk to you. Don't hesitate to strike up a conversation with me if you feel like it.

It was in jest. Actually I think I just stopped talking to you. My fault. I'm sorry. Please take me back. I'll do anything! *grabs at your pants* :D

MecaKane
09-30-2004, 01:25 PM
And Kane... have I told you lately that I love you?
Not lately enough. :-[

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 02:07 PM
4) Socs and the EoFF class system.
No, not Socks. Socks = good. SOCS. What are socs? What is the EoFF class system? Ok, lemme explain.

First and foremost, at the top of the food chain, you have socs. They can do whatever they want, break the rules to a certain extent, and pretty much get away with it, because they are loved. They will nearly always win awards, and will often ignore, or at least socially, the people at a lower social level than them.

Then we have the Admins and the Cid's Knights, who while some of them are socs who everyone loves, most of them aren't. However, because of their positions in power, no-one dares challenge them about their biasedness towards the socs, and usually suck up to them.

Next there is the middle classes, who are generally accepted as members of EoFF, and stand a mild chance of winning awards and contests, but not much. They are also not allowed to break the rules as much as socs are, but they are a little bit, plus anything cool that they do do, is largely ignored, or at least is more ignored than it would be if a soc did it. They often spend their time sucking up to socs, as they want to become socs too.

Now we have the wannabes, who are vaguely known, but no-one really likes them and they have 0 chance of winning anything. The mods are also stricter on these people. They suck up to pretty much everyone, and are generally ignored. For example, people pay less attention to their threads. There is a pretty good chance they could have FF names and avatars, which further leads to them being ignored.

At the bottom of the social rung, there is the FF-Forum-only posters, who have FF names and avatars and the like. They don't even know the class system exists, and are quite content to talk about FF games.

We at BAoTW want an end to this, and want all people to be treated with equal respect.
I am a soc, and I believe we have been given a tainted image by the W-Boats. I am not a bully, nor do I hold prejudice against newbies - in fact, I'm one of the big voices for Newbie Rights and so forth. I AM a Newbie, as you should all know by now. As an apparent leader and sole vocal member of the socs, I think that Psychotic is a stupidstupidhead and I think the W-Boats are in fact the popular elitist group. They are the mafia of EoFF, and not in the funny or sexy or cool kind of way, oh no, they are the mafia in the ILLEGAL kind of way. They go around breaking rules and manipulating newbies. They are a bunch of cons, cons I say, and their antics should not and will not go unpunished let alone unnoticed. We're on to you, Psy, Baloki, and all you other W-Boat seniors intent on corrupting EoFF's youth and tainting the image of Cid's Knights and socs of EoFF, images that were previously cleaned with Mr. Muscle on a regular basis but now require Jif to get off those extra filthy stains. You won't get away with this!

Meat Puppet
09-30-2004, 02:10 PM
I can safely say they got to me.

P.S. Psychotic is an awesome fellow.

Misfit
09-30-2004, 02:21 PM
LONG LIVE BAOTW

MecaKane
09-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Go back to your cave, Shay. :eek:

m4tt
09-30-2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah none of this makes any sense. Neel is right.

Cz
09-30-2004, 03:41 PM
I always thought the whole Socs thing was intentionally ironic. While some people here at EoFF might be more popular than others, nobody really abuses their status or uses it to gain favour.

A commonly cited example of Soc-ism is the GR8EST Spam Thread vs. MAPS theory. Basically, this states that Linus' thread was Archived and MAPS was not because Linus is a popular member, and the MAPS participants are not. That might well be true, but even if it is, is it really Linus' fault if the staff decided to archive one thread and not the other? Of course not, so there's no reason to label him a Soc.

In reality, of course, the fact was that there was already a spamfest thread in the archives. What exactly would be gained by putting MAPS in there as well? It seems to me that the only ones who wanted it archived were the particpants, so adding it to GA wouldn't be in the interests of the entire forum, but merely a few select members. And that, my friends, is Soc-ism. :cool:

They are the mafia of EoFF, and not in the funny or sexy or cool kind of way, oh no, they are the mafia in the ILLEGAL kind of way
Same thing, surely? :p

Baloki
09-30-2004, 05:30 PM
We're on to you, Psy, Baloki, and all you other W-Boat seniors

OMG BoB loves me :love:

I am so not a senior though, more like someone who just mucks about and winds up BoB by making him a puppet :P

TheAbominatrix
09-30-2004, 05:38 PM
Not lately enough. :-[

I loooove you! And so does Phil.

Strider
09-30-2004, 05:47 PM
?

What Matt and Neel said. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Leeza
09-30-2004, 06:08 PM
Oh my! And here's me thinking that EoFF was label-free.

escobert
09-30-2004, 06:33 PM
wtf?

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 07:11 PM
OMG BoB loves me :love:

I am so not a senior though, more like someone who just mucks about and winds up BoB by making him a puppet :P
Puppet? Phhhhbt, these are just as much my plans as they are yours. :) Although not for the same intentions... [eerie music]

Baloki
09-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Puppet? Phhhhbt, these are just as much my plans as they are yours. :) Although not for the same intentions... [eerie music]

Oh you so can't out secritively act me :P

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 07:52 PM
Who's acting? >=]

Baloki
09-30-2004, 08:20 PM
Who's acting? >=]

Don't act all innocent with me Mr. 'Newbie'! I know your game, and he killed him in the kitchen with the candlestick :P

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-30-2004, 08:31 PM
GREASERS 4EVA
http://www.amerasianschool.org/jacqui/images/greasers.jpg

Shoeberto
09-30-2004, 08:32 PM
Seriously, who takes any of this seriously? It's the Internet. Here comes the Get Over It Train... next stop, you! :rolleyes:
<3
That's the exact point I was going to try to make.

Psychotic
09-30-2004, 08:35 PM
Wow. THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF ME. I AM TOUCHED.

This is something that I've been meaning to write for ages, because I actively consider the content on the BAoTW site to be wrong, but let me explain.

A long time ago, in June 2003, me and good ol' Striff were in #eoff. We noticed that despite the fact we were both completely AWESOME (:p) we had only been nominated for one Ciddie. So, due to the fact that I now had a billion week break from school and so did he, we began BAoTW. Why? Well, we noticed there was a like...a social clique which it was hard to break into, and those people were revered by all. I guess we knew we couldn't break into that, so wanted to make our own. However, this wasn't like the "socs" as Striffy named them, in that anyone could be in.

And so we added all kinds of random stuff like walruses and the like, just to make us better. Because y'know, walruses vs non-walruses, puh-lease? Anyway, I guess we adopted a them vs us mentality. I don't know why. We just did. And so we bashed things. Like LiveJournal. Yes, I know I have an LJ now, but then LJ needed codes and were held by all the "socs" as we branded them, and I guess we felt isolated from that.

Anyway, BAoTW has been a great way for me to make friends on EoFF. So many members have become those I consider friends, and that is all through BAoTW. And other members have made friends too.

Exactly. Psy's like super popular, he wins awards, he got voted a mod at Eyesoff. But, oh, boo hoo. He's not allowed to spam and be a retard. Which is EXACTLY what his spam is. Completly un-entertaining

I'm not popular. The only people I am popular with are my friends. I am not "accepted" by the popular members. Hell, look at my LJ friends list. None of the people on it bar 2 or 3 are people who originally I'd call "socs". Hence why a lot of them just criticised BAoTW in this thread. I'm not especially bothered, but I love your personal attacks on me, they always make my day, Brian. Or Ryan. Whatever.

And I don't "spam" (I only ever made one spam thread, for the record) to entertain you. I do it to entertain me. Although a lot of other people find it entertaining. And if someone like BoB posted it, people WOULD be in love with it and think it was awesome. Whether you choose to accept it or not.

FOR THE RECORD: There is only one person in the world who is a soc now.

Loony BoB, we love you :love:

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm all alone. :(

Misfit
09-30-2004, 08:40 PM
I've been waiting all day for Psy's post. >:D

LONG LIVE BAOTW!

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-30-2004, 08:43 PM
I'm all alone. :(
You can be a Greaser, like me.

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 08:43 PM
I won't give in to peer pressure!

I am my own person!

You're not the boss of me!

Psychotic
09-30-2004, 08:44 PM
I've been waiting all day for Psy's post. >:D

LONG LIVE BAOTW!

It's awesome the way so many people are OBVIOUSLY jealous of us, huh Shay? :cool:

But if people really have a problem with a "club" or "gang" where the premise is to make friends with a load of completely insane ideology tacked to it, then eh, good for them. This smilie is for all who criticise BAoTW: :kiss: I wub you guys. Criticise me more and I'll give you MORE love :love:

PS: BoB don't be sad...you're unique :love:

Baloki
09-30-2004, 08:44 PM
I won't give in to peer pressure!

Your not alone, the newbie party still exsists in a fragmented, we won kind of non-exsistant way :D

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-30-2004, 08:45 PM
C'mon. You know you want to.

Misfit
09-30-2004, 08:48 PM
It's awesome the way so many people are OBVIOUSLY jealous of us, huh Shay? :cool:
Indeed. http://foolsgold.kicks-ass.net/forum/images/smilies/ezpimp.gif

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 08:51 PM
Your not alone, the newbie party still exsists in a fragmented, we won kind of non-exsistant way :D
No, we won, baby! We were the VICTORS! Well, we were the BoB, the Baloki, the fire of avalon, the Ariel, the Rainecloud, the Enoki, the Ranti84, the Juggla, the Evelia, the Axamenta, the Shorty, the Star, the Chibi Youkai. Nobody named Victor, but such is life. And dammit, most of us should be back next year to win it all over again. I know I will.

But the site is gone. :(

Psychotic
09-30-2004, 08:52 PM
You only won because Lev forgot to vote :D

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Ah, Lev and I have done some pretty awesome things here at EoFF, I can always rely on him not to let me down. :)

Baloki
09-30-2004, 08:57 PM
No, we won, baby! We were the VICTORS! Well, we were the BoB, the Baloki, the fire of avalon, the Ariel, the Rainecloud, the Enoki, the Ranti84, the Juggla, the Evelia, the Axamenta, the Shorty, the Star, the Chibi Youkai. Nobody named Victor, but such is life. And dammit, most of us should be back next year to win it all over again. I know I will.

But the site is gone. :(

Is it gone, or is it stored safely away to hide the secret plans?

m4tt
09-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Wait, what exactly is there to be jealous of?

Psychotic
09-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Wait, what exactly is there to be jealous of?

Ice cream, potassium and pencil sharpeners. :)

Cloud_99
09-30-2004, 09:26 PM
oh dear by the looks of things I've been away from this forum far too long. What the hell have I missed.

*looks really worried*

*flees*

:cry:

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 09:31 PM
Is it gone, or is it stored safely away to hide the secret plans?
I don't know, you were the one hosting it. :(

Baloki
09-30-2004, 09:31 PM
I don't know, you were the one hosting it. :(

I was implying I had it saved xD

Loony BoB
09-30-2004, 09:35 PM
:)! Awesome.

Kirobaito
09-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Uh....I guess I'm a member of BAoTW...I have a spot on their page. If anything, I thank them, because without them I'm not quite sure I would have any friends. :p

Giga Guess
09-30-2004, 11:44 PM
Oh my! And here's me thinking that EoFF was label-free.

Likewise. Live and learn I guess...

escobert
09-30-2004, 11:49 PM
I've actually had the same thoughts that psy ha before. There is a defined group of people here at EoFF ( I won't name names) that seem to be able to somewhat do as they please and seem to appear to I dunno be above everyone else.

Loony BoB
10-01-2004, 12:41 AM
I've actually had the same thoughts that psy ha before. There is a defined group of people here at EoFF ( I won't name names) that seem to be able to somewhat do as they please and seem to appear to I dunno be above everyone else.
This coming from the person who has the most debated lack of punishment in recent history. :p

Nobody who isn't on staff gets away with anything that any other non-staffer would not get away with. Even staffers get warnings for breaking the rules, too. It's known to have happened on occasion. Staff can obviously do more because we've been given the responsibility to go with it - I often think the main reason I was put onto staff was to shut me up with all my constant bugging of staff.

Didn't really work, though. :D

As for bans, obviously it's only smart to try to avoid banning people that not only you like but also the rest of EoFF likes. If we were to ban Bleys, I can't even imagine how many people would call us corrupt or something, regardless of what he did. Does that make him untouchable? Nah. Much like HOOTERS, if you do something that will get you banned, you'll get banned. I didn't want HOOTERS to get banned. I think when Sugpo was originally banned, I was the only staff member who didn't want it to happen. There are a couple of members who are probably on their last legs that I hope like hell don't do anything else wrong because I honestly don't want to see them go. But that doesn't mean that I won't ban them if they make the final mistake.

When dealing with a community the size and close-knit-ness of EoFF, you need to deal with things carefully. We try not to ban some people not because we like them but because a crapload of EoFF'ers like them. Hell, sometimes we've kept people here that most of staff didn't like at all, purely because we don't want hordes of their friends slagging us off - it can really bring you down sometimes, in a big way. But, as we all know, nobody can be untouchable unless they just don't break the rules.

Some people might think that banning people is fun, but for us, banning people can actually be a little scarey sometimes. I've seen friendships strain (and although I can't think of any off the top of my head I'm sure some have broken) because of someone banning someone. Sad, but true.

Baloki
10-01-2004, 12:48 AM
There are a couple of members who are probably on their last legs that I hope like hell don't do anything else wrong because I honestly don't want to see them go.

Strangely I think thats me...

and Psy I nearly clicked that link xD

FightClubFan#47
10-01-2004, 12:54 AM
Cant we all get along... :shame:

escobert
10-01-2004, 12:56 AM
No :)

Mr. Graves
10-01-2004, 04:51 AM
Pffft, Internet. Why give a darn?

Denmark
10-02-2004, 12:53 AM
Cant we all get along... :shame:

Not at all. Despite the fact that MANY of us do get along quite well, there are still a few examples of enmity on here. :<z>D

<3 Psy ^__^

'sall good now, right guys?

Fuzakeru
10-02-2004, 03:17 AM
OMG. I want to be a crazy like Psy, Rye, and Neko-ness. O_o

Baloki
10-02-2004, 12:04 PM
and Neko-ness. O_o

Meow :D

Rainecloud
10-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Heck, I didn't even notice this was going on.

I must be imperveous to all of this crap because of my excellent oldbieness.

Fuzakeru
10-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Meow :D
Purrowl. :love:

Levian
10-03-2004, 03:58 PM
I am a soc, and I believe we have been given a tainted image by the W-Boats. I am not a bully, nor do I hold prejudice against newbies - in fact, I'm one of the big voices for Newbie Rights and so forth.

Poor BoB, according to the BAotW page, you're not a soc :cry:

Loony BoB
10-03-2004, 04:01 PM
That's because W-Boats have a habit of stereotyping and generalising, even though such generalisations may indeed not be true! Although, to be fair, they did say 'often' which doesn't mean 'always'.

Levian
10-03-2004, 04:11 PM
Hey, I was only trying to prevent you ending up in Soc-hell. But suit yourself. :freak:

Loony BoB
10-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Contrary to W-Boat belief, socs aren't all evil and won't all go to hell. Tsk tsk.

Peegee
10-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Can I be a soc?

Loony BoB
10-03-2004, 04:32 PM
I... I... I don't know. I think anyone can be a soc. It's just something that, ever since hearing about, I was one. In fact, according to the W-Boats, I was one before I knew about it! So sure.

Psychotic
10-03-2004, 04:33 PM
No PG, you're a BAoTW member. Unless you're selling us out, now :whimper:

Baloki
10-03-2004, 04:47 PM
No PG, you're a BAoTW member. Unless you're selling us out, now :whimper:

You know I'd sell you out in an instant my friend, you and your little banana too. Fly my pritties, FLY, FLY!!!! Go and get me those no gooders, they must not reach the castle, mwhahahahahahahaha!

ZeZipster
10-03-2004, 05:56 PM
I'm still confused. Socks are overrated.

I'm a sandle, biatch.

Giga Guess
10-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Oooh! Oooh! I'm a clog! :p

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 06:06 PM
chaos: Someone classify me, I'm not sure...

Rubedo: Sandles sounds pretty cool...

chaos: But I like BAoTW's Kool-Aid!

Trowa: How about alliance of people that don't give a damn?

chaos: But I like BAoTW's Kool-Aid!

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

Giga Guess
10-03-2004, 06:14 PM
Long live the neutral party?

ZeZipster
10-03-2004, 06:16 PM
or lack thereof...

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 06:19 PM

chaos: Go neutrals!

Cz
10-03-2004, 06:21 PM
If I don't survive, tell my wife 'Hello'. :love:

Giga Guess
10-03-2004, 06:22 PM
:eep: At least ONE person caught on.

Cz
10-03-2004, 06:24 PM
To be fair, those other guys aren't as awesome as I am. :D

ZeZipster
10-03-2004, 06:37 PM
:cry:

Loony BoB
10-03-2004, 06:43 PM
If I don't survive, tell my wife 'Hello'. :love:
This post brightened my morbid afternoon.

TasteyPies
10-03-2004, 06:48 PM
All I know is my gut says "maybe"

With enemies you know where they stand, but nuetrals? Who knows?!

Psychotic
10-03-2004, 06:54 PM
Neutrals? Switzerland are always neutral. And look where it got them. I VISITED SWITZERLAND. I mean, do you want me visiting you? No, of course you don't. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, so uh...YAY BAoTW? :D

PS: Free PeTeRl90!

Cz
10-03-2004, 06:55 PM
I was very disappointed to see their embassy turn up in ep. 4-05, but no appearence of the race themselves. The Neutrals were probably the best Futurama race, with the Globetrotters and the Melllvar gas race being the only ones that came close.

Can we have a neutral smilie, BoBByBoB? :D

escobert
10-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Neutrals? Switzerland are always neutral. And look where it got them. I VISITED SWITZERLAND. I mean, do you want me visiting you? No, of course you don't. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, so uh...YAY BAoTW? :D

I went there too :D :love: :D

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 08:11 PM

chaos: Why not?

Rubedo: Free PeTeRl90!