PDA

View Full Version : The huricanes are just a diversion...

White Raven
09-30-2004, 02:47 AM
...from God's main attack...Mount St. Helens!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Helen is hungry.... (http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=71467)

Yeah, hopefully it's nothing big, but then again it might be neat to see an actual eruption in NA (without casulties of course :)). Anyways, has anyone been in either a volcano or big earthquake? Probably all the Californians have been at one time....being in California and all...where there's a lot of earthquakes...*cough*

Up here in Toronto we havn't had anything to worry aboot at all. We felt aftershocks once but those were only 4 on the Richter scale. =/

Logan
09-30-2004, 03:17 AM
My aunt and uncle went there once! I hope it doesn't explode D:

Del Murder
09-30-2004, 03:19 AM
Never a day's rest...

Casey
09-30-2004, 05:11 AM
Oh no!!! And I live in Washington State to. I think Im on the safe side though since Bremerton,Washington is in Puget Sound, way up North of the volcano...

-N-
09-30-2004, 05:19 AM
I thought we already decided the hurricanes were part of Yams's attempt to dominate humanity.

Doomgaze
09-30-2004, 05:20 AM
It'll be a minor eruption, if any. Then again, they were saying it was just steam before, and now they're talking about magma flows... I dunno.

eestlinc
09-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Just don't feed old helen and burritos for the next couple weeks. Her old bowels are a bit finnicky these days.

Yamaneko
09-30-2004, 05:57 AM
Honestly, would any of you miss Washington state?

eestlinc
09-30-2004, 06:04 AM
I miss spuuky

Del Murder
09-30-2004, 06:19 AM
I don't think he existed in the first place.

Erdrick Holmes
09-30-2004, 06:22 AM
Michigan sucks because we get no natural disasters, it's so boring to hear the weatherman flip out over a few 5 mph winds and issue a tornado warning. GIVE ME A VOLCANO OR SOMETHING GODDAMNIT.

Strider
09-30-2004, 07:00 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&e=4&u=/ap/20040928/ap_on_re_us/calif_quake

Granted, it was a few hours south of here, but it prompted my girlfriend to call and make sure I was alright.

Peegee
09-30-2004, 10:23 AM
One of the things I want to do in california is feel an earthquake

Casey
10-05-2004, 04:00 AM
Its supposed to erupt any day now, and when that happens we'll have a big earthquake.

DMKA
10-05-2004, 04:17 AM
Yes, I've been in quakes, being from Cali and all...but its nothing like people think. People seem to have this perception that Cali shakes every 5 seconds and Los Angeles turns into rubble...damn stupid movies like Escape from LA...oh wait those movies come OUT of LA...lol.

In actuallity though, thet come up rarely...far more than the rest of the nation, of course, but not that often, and its ultra rare that theres ones that cause any sort of damage at all..even minor damage like knocking over a lamp in someones house. That San Fran one that happened in like 1990 was a rare ocassion...they say on of those happens there like every 100 years or something. The average quake just feels like a little rumble under your feet, if you can even feel it...like someone is playing music ultra loud but you can't hear it...think of it that way.

Personally though, I'd much rather live in a place famous for its earthquakes(California) than a place famous for it's tornadoes and bombings(Oklahoma)...because if your house is hit by a quake...its like a 1 out of a trillion chance your gonna be even slightly injured, even in one like the San Fran 1990 one...however, if your house is bombed or hit by a twister...well...:\

Behold the Void
10-08-2004, 09:39 AM
Honestly, would any of you miss Washington state?

*Stabs*

In any event, I'm in Seattle and I'm not really worried. So I don't think any of you guys should be either.