PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger - Leene Square Help

Doc Sark
10-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Just started playing Chrono Trigger. Does anyone know how to beat that stupid game in Leene Square where you have to put the monsters back in their cages while saving the girl.

Its doing my nut!

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Go back and forth (run) and keep touching the nuts to throw at the kilawalis (I think that's what they're called). When the little sparkle appears run up and tag it real fast to raise the rope so you have more time and continue whacking the kilawalis until they are back in their cages. After this you get another cat, and I believe you can get a bunch of cats if you keep doing it.

Necronopticous
10-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Just started playing Chrono Trigger. Does anyone know how to beat that stupid game in Leene Square where you have to put the monsters back in their cages while saving the girl.

Its doing my nut!
I don't know anything about your nut, but the game is actually fairly easy, just push the tabs up when they come far enough down and remember to help Marle out of she gets too close to the fire

Doc Sark
10-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Nope still can't do it. Pah. I'm about 6 hours past that bit anyway. Thanks for your suggestions though.

My nut = my head.

Just for the record.

HunterFlamebrow
10-02-2004, 02:53 AM
?????

Why is this event not in the the copy of CT I have (from FFChronicles)? Was it only on the SNES or PC version?

Saint_007
10-05-2004, 01:50 PM
?????

Why is this event not in the the copy of CT I have (from FFChronicles)? Was it only on the SNES or PC version?
Remember the minigames in Dr. Norstein Bekkler's lab in the Tent of Horrors? Good. Then you'd remember the one worth 80 silver points - the one where you won a cat the first time then 25 ounces of cat food after that. Yep, that one. If you don't have it, then FFChronicles is a piece of shit.

Oh, BTW, that's PSX, not PC. :p

As for how to win (my way), you need:
One Personal Computer (PC)
One Snes9X emulator
Turn the "A Button Turbo" to on (refer to the Readme of the emulator). I use the keyboard, easier for me.
Once the game gets ready, push forward and A simultaneously, and keep pushing the A and Forward/Up buttons while moving left/right. Once the blue light comes on, run for it.
Practice makes perfect
What you're doing is telling the computer to fire the rocks in front of you as soon as they appear, then rush to the light to save the hostage.

If you do this as soon as the bell starts, you often wind up removing one of the three Kilwala's right off the bat :cool:

Saint_007
10-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Go back and forth (run) and keep touching the nuts to throw at the kilawalis (I think that's what they're called). When the little sparkle appears run up and tag it real fast to raise the rope so you have more time and continue whacking the kilawalis until they are back in their cages. After this you get another cat, and I believe you can get a bunch of cats if you keep doing it.
*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT* Wrong Answer!!

When you beat it the first time, you get a cat. Every time you win after that, you get about 25 ounces of cat food.

What you do with that catfood? Basically, the cat(s) in Crono's house eat it. The more they have, the more they eat. The more they eat, the faster they breed. And the more they breed, they need more food.

*THAT'S* how you get 11 cats ;)