PDA

View Full Version : The Showdown, Event 51

SeeDRankLou
10-01-2004, 08:54 PM
This topic is for all those Super Smash Bros. Melee players who are good enough to beat Event 51 (which is you with three lives vs. Giga-Bowser, Ganondorf and MewTwo, all with three lives). I am currently trying to see how to beat Event 51 with as many different characters as I can. So, if you have beat Event 51, post it. Include the character, a certain strategy you might have used, and brag if you want (because lord knows this is difficult). Also, you can post your best time, how many lives you have had left at the end, ect. ect. I'll start:

Peach
Time: 4:32
#Lives left: 1
Strategy: I double jump and float over Giga-Bowser (GB). Then I start to fall, and when I'm at about GB's head, I do the ->+B attack. I do this 3 or 4 times, all while trying to avoid the other two. Then, I start jumping at GB and doing her ->+A attack to knock GB off the platform. While I'm doing this, I hover back to lure the other two away from GB. Then I quickly hover back over to GB and hit GB again. Eventually, GB dies, and I take the other two out. If a Beam Sword comes my way, the battle becomes like 5 times easier.

I have four others, but I'll let other people go. Do anyone think that this battle is doable with every character?

Ultima Shadow
10-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Not with all yet but I'll try with some others soon.

So far I've done it with: Marth(my fav character), Ganondorf(I was pretty lucky) and Jigglepuff(man, I can't spell the name but... It's very easy with this character.)

Marth(2:54): I beat them first time with Marth. 1) I charge a smach > and hit bothe Mewtwo and GB at once. After that I didn't really use a strat. I just jumped to the other side and air dodged when GB tried to hit me in the air and as soon as I land, I dodge roll away. Then I used smash and items until GB died. As soon as GB was gone it wasn't hard at all. I went offensive and didn't have to care much about items at all.

Ganondorf(5:12): I WANT to be good with Ganon but I have a hard time because of his patetic speed. I used that B-V attack alot and his B-^ to trow GB off the edge. I was extremely lucky with the pokeballs and got both Lugia and that Fire bird and that Water shooting thing.

I'll wait before i tell you how to beat the crap out of GB with Jiggly...

SpiritWolf
10-02-2004, 03:01 PM
I've only beat in once and that was with jigglypuff in a time of about 3:15. I would use rest on Giga Bowser and take him out really fast but then for mewtwo and Ganondorf I couldn't land rest very consistantly with them so I just ran away until I found a good item to throw at them. Another things you can do is get as far away from them as possible and then charge a rollout attack, although I recomend doing this when theres only one opponent left if at all because one time I used it fully charged on Ganondorf and he dodged it and I came back around but he dodged again and I went flying off the edge -_-

Ultima Shadow
10-02-2004, 09:07 PM
I've only beat in once and that was with jigglypuff in a time of about 3:15. I would use rest on Giga Bowser and take him out really fast but then for mewtwo and Ganondorf I couldn't land rest very consistantly with them so I just ran away until I found a good item to throw at them. Another things you can do is get as far away from them as possible and then charge a rollout attack, although I recomend doing this when theres only one opponent left if at all because one time I used it fully charged on Ganondorf and he dodged it and I came back around but he dodged again and I went flying off the edge -_-
Yea, that's the easy way with Jigglypuff(I think I spelled it right this time...?)

Anyway... anyone else who think the Adventure Giga Bowser is much harder than event match 51?
I mean... sure, you don't have to fight Mewtwo and Ganondorf but GB is MUCH more agressive, dangerous and harder to knock out in Adventure mode...
Man, I want to battle GB at very hard... but it's to hard to reach him on very hard... :cry:

SeeDRankLou
10-04-2004, 09:33 PM
I'd say GB in Event 51 and at the end of Adventure are equally as aggressive. I don't know really, I've only fought Adventure GB once. Jigglypuff is the easy way, because GB is such a large target to hit with Rest. But if you can take out the other two with Rest, then you get points (points to me :D ). But, I guess I'll post a few more.

Young Link
Time: 4:10
#Lives left: 2
Strategy: I double jump, and then do the (Down)+A attack on GB. It will hit him 3 times. If I have enough speed to my jump, I can land away from the other two. I keep doing this, eventually GB goes flying in the air with just one (Down)+A, at which time I jump back up at GB and do my triple jump. Eventually GB dies, and I take out the other two.
This strategy can also work for Link, but Link can't jump as high and it will be much harder, as Ganondorf will almost always be able to connect with his triple jump.

Ness
Time: 3:40
Strategy: Run to the side, jump off, and do the PK Thunder and hit GB. If you are good you can hit all three of them. This is a bit tricky, but that's the basic strategy. GB will die, and you take out the other two.

Pikachu
Time: 4:30
Strategy: Run to one side and wait for GB. If GB does either the fire breathe attack or the attack where GB jumps and slams back down on his behind, then this is a good attack. If not, use Agility and go to to the other side. If GB uses fire breathe, do a double jump and use Thunder, make sure the thunder hits you. If GB uses the slam attack, dodge it and use Thunder. The force of Thunder will either send GB flying up or flying to the side. Repeat this and GB will die with very little damage. Then, kill the other two.
I have not been able to have this strategy work with Pichu.

Ultima Shadow
10-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Well... the difference betweene GB in adventure mode and GB in event51 is actually very big.
I could knock out the 51-GB at 194% with a smach attack from Mart. The Adventure-GB on the other hand... I had to get him to something like 400% before I could smach him away!!!
And the adventure GB also hit harder + dodgeroll sometimes. I've almost never seen 51-GB dodgeroll...
Man, imagine him at "very hard..." :eek:

ANYWAY... I've beaten him with Roy too...
Almost same strat as with Marth but I countered more with Roy since his counter is more effective against strong attacks like Warlock Punch and stuff.
Time: 3:42. 1life left. (I had 2 lifes left with Marth by the way...).

Jolts
10-04-2004, 11:43 PM
I used Yoshi and cheesed on the Yoshi Bomber (B-down). I don't know how long it took, but it worked.