PDA

View Full Version : Advent children and Dirge Of Cereb.

Cisco
10-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Don't you wish that it was the other way around? You know Advent children the game and DoC the movie? I do, i'm just not all hyped about this. I want to use cloud as the main character, with cid/tifa/vincent/??? at back, fighting against Seph and just playing it like an RPG. I really have high doubts for the dirge of cerebus game, Final Fantasy is an RPG not a 1st/2nd/3rd person shooting. Why is vincent the main character if FF7=Cloud?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-02-2004, 06:25 AM
Accepting Vincent as the main character of Dirge of Cerberus instead of Cloud is just as easy as accepting Yuna as the main character of FFX-2 instead of Tidus.

Also, FFT, one of the best games in the series, is a strategy game, not an RPG like most of the other titles.

Sephiroth_Lionhear88
10-02-2004, 11:18 AM
he's right why can't vincent be the main character he is like the coolest one in ffVII

Ashton
10-02-2004, 04:56 PM
SE know what they're doing and I like it the way it is...
besides Vincent is a cool character what's wrong about him?

Ouch!
10-02-2004, 04:59 PM
They're trying new things, and I fully support that. Honestly, I don't want a FFVII RPG sequel. A movie sounds much more interesting, and honestly, I don't think they could expand the plot of a movie that's going to be something like 1:40:00 into a full blown RPG.

Dirge of Cerberus as a 3rd person shooter is also different, just like a movie. They're throwing in new factors instead of just copying what they did with FFX-2.

Shoeberto
10-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Yeah, if you can look past the fact that OMG SE IS PUTTING OUT A NON-RPG GAME, Dirge of Cerberus is looking seriously badass.

Del Murder
10-02-2004, 07:27 PM
I like the current way it is shaping out. I've always loved Vincent and am glad he gets his own game. A direct sequel to FFVII in game form just doesn't feel right at this point. The movie throws fans a bone and gives them a nice two hour look into what happened after the game, and I think that's enough.

Dark Dragoon
10-07-2004, 03:37 PM
I like it this way. Vincent was one of my favorite characters, so seeing him get his time in the sun(well, figuritively. the game looks friggin' GBA screen dark) is nice. We'll get some much needed answers about his past.

Besides, SE is being smart here. It was easier to give us a sequal to FFX because it was just released. It was still fresh in our minds. FFVII, while loved by MANY people, isn't as fresh. SE is easing us back into it here. And they're being original with it, as opposed to just rehashing the same thing we saw in FFVII. I happened to enjoy FFX-2 very much, so I'm looking forward to AC and DoC.

Lacuna16
10-07-2004, 07:50 PM
This is the best news I've heard in a long time. I almost cried when I heard this. Vincent is possibly the coolest character in the entire FF series (after Auron) and he is my favorite character in FF VII. And even though I would love an RPG sequel to VII this actually seems like it could be much better.

Ryth
10-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Personally I want AC to be a RPG game and Dirge to be a movie not saying I'm unhappy with it though.

One winged angel of death
11-02-2004, 12:34 PM
i hope this game will be a hit. but wouldn't it be better if they made a sequal where you had to hae the same memory card to play as extra ppl. like the whole group splits up and then you as cloud gose and finds them again because an enemy is stocking them and then right at the end cloud dies. that would be a great game.

Ouch!
11-03-2004, 12:23 AM
i hope this game will be a hit. but wouldn't it be better if they made a sequal where you had to hae the same memory card to play as extra ppl. like the whole group splits up and then you as cloud gose and finds them again because an enemy is stocking them and then right at the end cloud dies. that would be a great game.
I have no idea what you just said.

Anything carrying over from a memory card wouldn't work. PS2 and PS memory storage is not convertable.

escobert
11-03-2004, 12:33 AM
I dont really care which way it is.... I'm just glad they're doing something after 7 :D

Blank
11-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Vincent is possibly the coolest character in the entire FF series (after Auron) and he is my favorite character in FF VII.
you realize Auron is a ripoff of Vincent? i mean who came first? =P
oh, and i too love the setup the way it is, couldn't be happier.
isn't DoC gonna be like DMC? (which is a kickass game, can't say the sequal was as amazing, but maybe the third one will be good again)

SomethingBig
11-03-2004, 01:56 AM
I've had enough of Cloud. FFVII didn't really explain what and why with Vincent, so Dirge of Cerberus was a pretty good idea, now that I think about it. I just hope it's better than DMC.

Blank
11-05-2004, 01:57 AM
yeah let's hope Dirge isn't full of lovely BS, from what my brother told me, the ending of FFVII is rediculous, and he sees why people have wracked their brains out over it for so long.

DMKA
11-18-2004, 03:22 PM
I don't agree with you in the least. I'm glad how it's ending up, DoC looks very promising, and I liked Vincent, but he really didn't have a whole lot of backstory...he had some, but we don't really know things like where he came from, who his family was, and anything prior to being a Shinra employee. Although I would rather it be in RPG form, it still looks very promising, and it looks interesting to see FF venture outside the turned based universe.

Advent Children is gonna rock. Nuff said. :love:

Cecilia
11-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Well yes, I think it will be good..
Im gonna buy both AD and DC.. :)
Its just sad thats its so long time left til they come out.. :cry:
I want them now..

zacks_clone
11-21-2004, 05:08 PM
I was thrilled when I found out FFVII was going to have a follow up something-but when it turned out to be a movie i wasnt too impressed. Now that I have seen and read more on the movie, it sounds okay. And I thought that SE could pull this off-not completly over do the game to the point where fans of it no longer cared for it any. With Dirge comming out I think they may be going a little over hand, the creators. But- none the less, I will buy the game. It may turn out to be good after all. I like the idea of FFAC being a movie and DC being the game.

xxspawnerxx
12-17-2004, 12:01 AM
:chuckle: its great that vincent is the main charater, because in ff:VII you dont even need him in your party or group :p :tongue:

:blahblah::shoot:

FinalLethal
12-22-2004, 05:35 AM
as probably mentioned before the only reason everyone is getting heated over this game is because it has the final fantasy tag attached to it, which we normally assosciate with RPG's. If it turns out anything like Kingdom Hearts i'll buy it, but slapping on the Final Fantasy tag and not making it an RPG is illegal in most countries including mine, Australia.

P.S. that illegal comment is not meant to betaken literally, so please no one reply arguing the point.

VincentFF7
01-02-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm glad that they finally made a game about Vincent. Some people think that Square-Enix isn't really goin to make money off of this game, but the people who say that are mostly big Cloud fans, but i think that this game will sell fast, and i'm glad that they are makin this a game instead of a movie like Advent Children. And i also wish that Advent Children is a movie , but what can you do.

velvet.fireball
01-26-2005, 08:41 PM
i don't mind the idea of DoC, as long as it has my fave characters in im not bothered. but i do wish they did a straight sequel to ff7, i am looking forward to all the games and film though

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-23-2005, 10:25 PM
I'm glad that they finally made a game about Vincent. Some people think that Square-Enix isn't really goin to make money off of this game, but the people who say that are mostly big Cloud fans, but i think that this game will sell fast, and i'm glad that they are makin this a game instead of a movie like Advent Children. And i also wish that Advent Children is a movie , but what can you do.thats not true. Most arent big cloud fan's, they just want it to be an rpg.( but they could still be big cloud fans!)

CloudStrife48
03-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Well, yeah sure, Vincent is really cool.. But I would be even happier if it was Sephiroth who was the main character :D :love: :p
I would by the game at once if it was him.. :love:
I just luuuv that little grey-haried evil guy :love: :p
GAH! I want him! NOW! *starts to cry*
heh ok.. Im ok now :p

you never know, Sephiroth COULD be the main character of Crisis Core...since its before FF7s time

Greiver205
03-24-2005, 08:18 PM
That would be so retarted i think but...i would still buy it...

lone_berserker
10-03-2005, 12:07 AM
I have ta agree. Since vincents my fav char, it would be more fitting of him to be in a CG movie rather than a 1st person shooter. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the gameplay in DoC is addictive for RP gamers XD.

FFX_fanatiq
10-03-2005, 02:37 AM
I hate shooters
Too violent
I like rpgs =stragety/story
not just KILL AND EARN POINTS 111

but I guess the fan boys...protested.

Vincent69
10-03-2005, 11:48 AM
i agree with Sephiroth_Lionhear88. Vincent was one of the best characters in ffVII

DarknessFromAbove
10-03-2005, 02:19 PM
Killing stuff is fun, I love Vinnie, so DoC is cool, and I don't see how AC could be turned into a game without being a bit crappy, so I like the way things are :D

KoShiatar
10-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm actualy happy that it is a game, simply because a game's story can be developed much better than a 100-minute movie. You have more time and you can throw in more things.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-10-2005, 07:49 AM
Cloud? Pffft...hes overused...

Vincent is awesome, he deserves a game!

ljkkjlcm9
11-13-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm still gonna go with my theory.

Square-Enix Idea Man: Guys we need to try something new, how about a shooter, those are popular.
SE Pessimist: Hmm that could work. But people may not be open to us branching out. And what if it fails and the name becomes trash, we couldn't milk the series for money.
SE Stats guy: Well we got this FFVII that everyone loves, and I don't know a single person who didn't think vincent was cool, and hell he has a gun.
SE Idea Man: GENIUS! We get to use a cool character everyone knows, we try a new genre, and we use an amazingly popular series we've already milked tons of money out of. I see no flaws.
SE Pessimist: I.... I.... I can't argue that....

THE JACKEL