PDA

View Full Version : Anime recommendations

Erdrick Holmes
10-02-2004, 06:18 AM
I'm looking into getting some anime. Anybody want to suggest some anime that I might like.

Keep in mind, I really love anime that involves the following

Martial arts
Mystical stuff
Medival war (with or without mystical or magical stuff)
Futuristic settings with mystical/magical things in it (people in a future having magic powers is an example)

StarlightAngel
10-02-2004, 06:29 AM
...Does manga count? Rurouni Kenshin is pretty good. The Anime is pretty good too...

Armisael
10-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion definitely..it's great anime i'm sure you'll like it.
And yeah indeed Kenshin is very good..Scryed is a good choice and Trigun too.

Erdrick Holmes
10-02-2004, 07:34 PM
I'll see if I can find some Kenshin DVDs somewhere, my friend has a huge anime DVD collection he'd let me dip into any time.

Lon611
10-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion definitely..it's great anime i'm sure you'll like it.

yup, i just got into anime again a couple weeks ago, downloaded neon genesis evangelion episodes 1-9 right now, and its awesome! :tongue:

Armisael
10-02-2004, 08:00 PM
yup, i just got into anime again a couple weeks ago, downloaded neon genesis evangelion episodes 1-9 right now, and its awesome! :tongue:
If you see the episodes 14 and after you're gonna love it..it's so divine..
and Joel,Kenshin is great,you should see it..really have you not ever watched anime?

iluvpenelo
10-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion, Bubblegum Crisis 2040, Lain, Cowboy Bebop, and i know its pathetic but i love tenchi muyo

Heartless
10-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Indeed NGE is one of the greatest anime..i recommend you to see CardCaptorSakura,Scryed,Kenshin,Fruits Basket,Van Helsing,Ah my Goddess too..i think i recommended a lot but anime really worth it..you should see as more as you can...

Erdrick Holmes
10-02-2004, 09:17 PM
The only anime I ever really watched was Street Fighter, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha (love Kagome) and *sigh* Case Closed, such a stupid anime.

Shoeberto
10-02-2004, 09:47 PM
Escaflowne.
I'd recommend the series over the movie, personally.

StarlightAngel
10-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Kenshin, Evangelion, RahXephon, Fruits Basket, Naruto, and .Hack//SIGN. I enjoy Haibane-Renmie, but that doesn't have much adventure in it. Princess Mononoke is good too. As is Spirited Away. Anything By Miyazaki is pretty good.

iluvpenelo
10-02-2004, 10:27 PM
oh yeah how did i forget HACK SIGN?? i love that show

edczxcvbnm
10-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Fullmetal Alchemist. Final episode aired today. I can't wait for the sub in a couple of days.

Have not heard of the series? www.fullmetal-alchemist.com

krissy
10-03-2004, 12:19 AM
samurai champloo

Starcrest
10-03-2004, 06:12 AM
Trigun, Banner of The Stars and Crest of the Stars, Duel, uh, cowboy beebop, Inyuyasha (sp?)

Peegee
10-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Check out Naruto for martial arts, One Piece for Pirates who do brawling, Dragonball Z for martial arts brawling, and Pokemon for the best anime ever :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Starcrest
10-03-2004, 03:07 PM
opinion right there, for me, it sux. but neway, yeah, DBZ's a good choice as well

XxSephirothxX
10-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Cowboy Bebop and Evangelion are the best out there. Samurai X/Rurouni Kenshin are good for your samurai needs... :D Princess Mononoke is a masterpiece, too. Of course, if you think you'll be watching a lot of anime, don't start with the ones I've mentioned. If you do, you'll get dissappointed with a lot of other shows...because they just aren't as good!

Fuzakeru
10-04-2004, 02:40 AM
Anime wise I'd say Samurai X is my favorite. Just completely beautiful animation and such a riveting story. All the blood spill is a plus too.

I don't really watch as much anime now as I used to. I'm all about manga. Some good ones I suggest are - Samurai Deeper Kyo and Get Backers ( OMFG. My new obsession thanks to Myles. I love this story! )

Phil
10-04-2004, 02:51 AM
I love King of Bandits Jing. Its a story about the king of bandits, Jing a 16 (?) year old boy who can steal anything. Its a very amusing anime that will have you laughing. Try it out! www.kingofbanditjingdvd.com (plus it has lots of girls in it,and we all know joel loves anime girls). Has anybody else ever heard of KOBJ?

black orb
10-04-2004, 03:31 AM
>>> I have heard Berserk is a very good anime and manga..
As for manga read Blade of the Immortal..