PDA

View Full Version : Need help! *SPOILERS*

i-kant
10-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Well I'm almost at the end of World of BAlance. Leo just died trying to stop Kefka. And I just saw the funeral of Leo, and interceptor limping towards the group. and people saying shadow must have died too.

1. Is shadow really dead? If yes, how was I supposed to save him (he just left thamasa after the fire..). His character isn't in my character selection database anymore...

2. A walkthrough said taht before I go to forbidden island, I should level up at triangle island (different island?), doma castle, and/or the veldt. My average level is 26. Do I need to level up? Also, are there any side missions to get espers and goodies before I "search for forbidden island" with my party of 3? I'm totally lost right now on the airship, because the map in the lower right hand corner disappeared and I have no idea where I'm going.

help...

Mark your spoilers, please ~Matty

Strider
10-02-2004, 06:34 PM
About Shadow, just keep playing. You'll get your answer. ;)

About everything else before the Floating Continent, you might go get Mog's Water Rondo. Put Mog in your party and set the airship down on the Veldt, then go through the Serpent Trench like you did before. Once again, you'll end up in Nikeah, except this time you can head east (instead of just going to Narshe). Follow the narrow path along the shore, and pretty soon you'll end up in familiar territory (the crazy old guy's house, Doma Castle, etc.). Simply follow the same route you did in Sabin's scenario, and you'll get back to the airship in no time.

And if you haven't already, go get the goods from the Imperial Base near the Esper cave. Lots of good stuff abound in there.

Triangle Island is a tough place to level up, since the only legitimate creature there is Intangir, hard to kill. You have to un-Vanish the guy, hit him with everything you've got, then heal from his attack before repeating the process again and again. You get 10 Magic Points for winning.

About Espers, go get Golem and ZoneSeek from the Auction House in Jidoor if you don't have them yet. It'll take a little bit of patience for them to come around, but they're nice to have. Also, you can buy Sraphim from a guy hidden in the trees at Tzen for 3000 GP, or else you can wait for the WoR to buy it for 10. The choice is yours.

Level 26 isn't a bad level at all to take on the Floating Continent. I'd say go for it when you're ready.

Braindead_Paul
10-02-2004, 07:18 PM
And "select" might make the map reappear. ;)

i-kant
10-02-2004, 09:11 PM
thanks..

i'm stuck again.

I left my airship at the entrance of barren falls. then jumped off the clif, swam underwater and ended up in nikeah I think. now i want to get back to my airship.

Right now i'm in Narshe. How do I get to barren falls? I don't even know where it is anymore, because it's not listed on the map I found at gamefaqs.com

Strider
10-02-2004, 10:52 PM
Head east. Just trace your way along the edge of the continent, and you'll eventually run into the crazy old guy's house, where you first met Shadow.

Doomgaze
10-03-2004, 03:27 AM
To clarify: head east from NIKEAH, not Narshe. Or, if you really wanted, you could head back to the Returner's Hideout and do the Lete River again.

I ASSUME you did the Serpent Trench again to get Water Rondo, and not just for the hell of it. Right?

As for levels, I don't really remember, but at the very least try to have all of your characters at 1000+ hp.

i-kant
10-03-2004, 03:35 AM
How do you get water rondo? Do I just go through serpent trench with mogo, that's it? do I ahve to do "leap" like gau does to get this water mondo. and what is water mondo anyways...

btw, i'm having an absolute pain trying to wade my through forbidden island. the behemoth casts multiple takedowns and kills all my characters...wtf?????????????????????????????????

escobert
10-03-2004, 03:37 AM
spoilers! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Doomgaze
10-03-2004, 03:45 AM
Water Rondo is one of Mog's Dances, and all you have to do is win a battle with him in your party in either the Serpent's Trench or the Lete River - WITHOUT USING DANCE. He has to fight the battle normally. There are NO WATER BATTLES in the World of Ruin, so get it now.

dances are learned in -
cave (starts with)
water
mountain
plains
desert
forest
town
snow (can't learn until wor)

By forbidden island do you mean the Floating Continent? Yeah, Behemoth is rough. You might have to level up some more... if you can find a save point on the island (I don't remember if there's one at the beginning) you could use it as a sort of base camp... otherwise, I'd level in the Thamasa cave. Don't bother with Triangle Island, Intangir's not worth the trouble.

Also, if you have a hard enemy on the Floating Continent that doesn't use magic (the big guy in the monster-in-a-box comes to mind) try casting Phantom, but it will hurt like hell if you're wrong and he does have a magic attack up his sleeves.

EDIT: SHUT YOUR HOLE ESCOBAR THERE ARE NOT >O

EDIT2: And try to have equipment for Shadow and Celes sitting around., ready to equip~ And do NOT bring Celes in your group of 3 - it'll make it easier on you later.

i-kant
10-03-2004, 04:20 AM
ok thanks.

are these mogo learns instantaneous? (how many battles do I have to fight in each different terrain for mogo to get it?). the walkthrough said that before I fight atma weapon, I should do everything I still have to do in WoB. Which in my case is just the Mogo dances I guess...(I only have 3 right now), since I got the two espers at jidoor auction already...

But how do I get off forbidden continent and back onto my airship so I can fly to different places where there is terrain and go on a serpent trench ride...?

Doomgaze
10-03-2004, 05:11 AM
One battle should do it.

Unfortunately, you can't get off until near the end. There's a hole near the very middle of the island (just south of Atma Weapon and the Statues) that will let you jump off and get back on the airship.

I'd go ahead and pay the 3000 for Seraphim in Tzen, it's worth it.

Mo-Nercy
10-03-2004, 11:28 AM
I'm a cheapskate so I waited till WoR to get Sraphim. xD

Getting off the Floating Continent:
- Go to the Save Point. I can't remember if there's more than one, but it's the one that you have to fall into a small room from one of those hole-making mountains.
- Well, don't actually go into the Save Point room, rather go north from the little mountain-hill thingo to find a switch. Hit the switch to clear a path to the left.
- Go to the left path to an abnormally larger mountain-hill-thingo and the airship will be below. You then have to option to jump back down below. I've never tried it before so I'm not sure if you have to start the continent again when you return or whether it brings you back to this point.

Doomgaze
10-03-2004, 06:06 PM
You do, but you don't have to go through the IAF again.