PDA

View Full Version : Mesa got a question.... help much appreciated

Dark bahamut
10-02-2004, 06:43 PM
why the hell cant i hit dark bahamut!? i have 255 accuracy, which took AGES, and i still cant hit the git!!

Lon611
10-02-2004, 07:19 PM
maybe ur luck isn't high enough :confused:

...then again, i don't have the international version... :rolleyes2

but its most likely ur speed isn't high enough or your luck isn't. or maybe both :p try raising both stats and see what happens :D

Armisael
10-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Yeah that's true,Dark Bahamut has really very high evade..just like Lon611 said try to raise the other stats..

Big D
10-03-2004, 12:43 AM
Grand Summon Yojimbo, and use Zanmato to defeat Dark Bahamut with one hit.
Then ignore the silly people who tell you it's "cheating":p

Lon611
10-03-2004, 07:20 AM
i've never actually used zanmoto. wat does it look like?is it an automatic k.o.? :confused:

Big D
10-03-2004, 07:35 AM
i've never actually used zanmoto. wat does it look like?is it an automatic k.o.? :confused:Zanmato is Yojimbo's ultimate attack. He uses it more often when his overdrive gauge is full - sometimes automatically, even - or if you pay him a lot of money. Also, if you've been nice to Yojimbo (always paid him, never let him get KO'd) he's more likely to use Zanmato, and it takes less Gil to achieve. For example, I have the PAL version of FFX; to get Zanmato, I filled Yuna's overdrive gauge and Grand Summoned Yojimbo, then paid him about 80,000 Gil. About one time in three, he used Zanmato. If he didn't, I just re-set and tried again. If neither Yuna nor Yojimbo has a full overdrive gauge, it takes about 1.4 million gil to be guaranteed Zanmato. I used this skill to defeat every Dark Aeon (except Dark Yojimbo), Penance and Nemesis.

Zanmato is a simple but deadly attack. A sword rises from the ground; Yojimbo draws it, then takes a single swing. Absolutely ANY enemy will be defeated, instantly. There is no defence.

Lon611
10-03-2004, 07:46 AM
kewl. that would definitely come in handy.....but i haven't really used my yojimbo, and im too conservative to use money to fight, lol :rolleyes2

Dark bahamut
10-03-2004, 07:59 PM
hee.. i think instantly K.O'ing the boss critters instantly is taking the wuss way out, so ill try the stats method. until im sick of it and cant be bothered 0.o

Lord Xehanort
10-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Kounetsu: That sounds like it'd cause some people to go on killing sprees! QUICK, EVERYONE TRY IT!

Ansem: Praise be to Yevon that I have the U.S. version. *does the Yevonite prayer*

DMKA
10-05-2004, 06:18 AM
Ansem: Praise be to Yevon that I have the U.S. version. *does the Yevonite prayer*
OMG I DO TOO TEH GHEY!!!!111!!!1!!!1one

•Sin•
10-06-2004, 07:43 AM
I prefer Anima to Yojimbo...

If you still can't beat Dark Bahamut, cheat! Action Replay his butt! I am using mine to beat Penance :cool:

Big D
10-06-2004, 09:28 AM
I used Zanmato for Penance, Nemesis and every Dark Aeon except Dark Yojimbo. You've got to fight Dark Yojimbo five times consecutively, so Yojimbo's only useful once or twice - once on his own Overdrive, then once when Grand Summoned; I didn't have enough gil to be sure of getting Zanmato the rest of the time. So I just beat him the old-fashioned way, using Hastega and Quick Hit, then sacrificing an Aeon every time Dark Yojimbo used his own Zanmato, which utterly annihilates everyone on-screen - even if they're using Auto-Life.

Stat-building takes so much time; Zanmato is certainly 'cheap', but it's no less a victory.

Dark_Sephiroth666
10-27-2004, 06:11 AM
It's annoying when people say that using Zanmato is cheating. It's not really...is it??

Big D
10-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Nope, not cheating at all. Last night, I decided to fight Nemesis because I was bored. Used my 'dream team' of highest-stat characters. It went something like this: Hastega, Auto-Life on everyone, Quick Hits, annihilation of party members (either all at once, or one by one), repeat.
It took a good couple of hours to win. If I'd used Zanmato, it would've been over in moments. Either way, I know I'm strong enough to win. Zanmato is just the pragmatic approach for the time-savers among us.:D

Old Manus
10-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Dark Bahamut
HP: 4,000,000

Dark Bahamut is an extremely hard boss. If you are having trouble, try beating Dark Yojimbo or Anima first, as they may be easier, depending on your stats. Many of these stats must be at the maximum figure. Unfortunately, you may still miss atacks. You can get a better chance by using Aim, but it wastes one of your very few turns.

After a couple of overdrives, Bahamut will open Impulse all over your ass. You will need Ribbon to protect its petrification. Then he will use Impulse then Mega Flare one after the other, which is a pain.

Bahamut's high Agility will mean that you will need max agility and evasion.

A good way to beat him is to enter battle will everyones full overdrive and use Attack Reels. Then Entrust someone else's overdrive to Wakka, and use Attack Reels again, etc. At least one person must have Auto-Pheonix on their Armour. Use Hastega at the beggining of the battle, then use Protect. If anyone gets any status effects, just kill them off and revive them with Auto-Pheonix. Summon Aeons to guard from overdrive attacks, and use overdrives themselves.

P.S: Cheaters.

Big D
10-27-2004, 11:01 AM
Dark Bahamut
HP: 4,000,000

Dark Bahamut is an extremely hard boss. If you are having trouble, try beating Dark Yojimbo or Anima first, as they may be easier, depending on your stats. Many of these stats must be at the maximum figure. Unfortunately, you may still miss atacks. You can get a better chance by using Aim, but it wastes one of your very few turns.

After a couple of overdrives, Bahamut will open Impulse all over your ass. You will need Ribbon to protect its petrification. Then he will use Impulse then Mega Flare one after the other, which is a pain.

Bahamut's high Agility will mean that you will need max agility and evasion.

A good way to beat him is to enter battle will everyones full overdrive and use Attack Reels. Then Entrust someone else's overdrive to Wakka, and use Attack Reels again, etc. At least one person must have Auto-Pheonix on their Armour. Use Hastega at the beggining of the battle, then use Protect. If anyone gets any status effects, just kill them off and revive them with Auto-Pheonix. Summon Aeons to guard from overdrive attacks, and use overdrives themselves.Either that, or use Zanmato and win instantly.

P.S: Cheaters."Cheaters" with heaps more free time, and far less stress in our lives from not having to beat all the Dark Aeons, certainly.
Besides, you've still got to have a strong team if you want to complete the Penance challenge. Dark Yojimbo is practically impossible to beat with Zanmato alone; you've got to be very lucky to get Zanmato more than once or twice during the battles against him. Thus, you have to beat a very strong, very evasive Dark Aeon using conventional attacks, several times in a row. Not easy, especially since his overdrive kills all, negating Auto-Life. Careful use of Aeons is needed.

Old Manus
10-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Wow, Big D, you move fast.

I use "Cheaters" loosely, acknowledging that beating a Dark Aeon without Zanmato is less "cheap" than using Zanmato to beat it.

Big D
10-27-2004, 11:21 AM
Yeah, in spite of the act I put on, I too acknowledge that it takes a lot of skill and commitment to beat the Dark Aeons et al. It's like the Weapons from FFVII, only the Dark Aeons are stronger and far more numerous. Beating them without resorting to an easy alternative the sign of a dedicated and skilled FFX master.
:)

Old Manus
10-27-2004, 11:45 AM
Aw, naw...well...*smug*.

super sayin Tidus
10-28-2004, 01:02 AM
Zanmato is Yojimbo's ultimate attack. He uses it more often when his overdrive gauge is full - sometimes automatically, even - or if you pay him a lot of money. Also, if you've been nice to Yojimbo (always paid him, never let him get KO'd) he's more likely to use Zanmato, and it takes less Gil to achieve. For example, I have the PAL version of FFX; to get Zanmato, I filled Yuna's overdrive gauge and Grand Summoned Yojimbo, then paid him about 80,000 Gil. About one time in three, he used Zanmato. If he didn't, I just re-set and tried again. If neither Yuna nor Yojimbo has a full overdrive gauge, it takes about 1.4 million gil to be guaranteed Zanmato. I used this skill to defeat every Dark Aeon (except Dark Yojimbo), Penance and Nemesis.

Zanmato is a simple but deadly attack. A sword rises from the ground; Yojimbo draws it, then takes a single swing. Absolutely ANY enemy will be defeated, instantly. There is no defence.

Tht's a bit sore on the wallet m8 just grandsummon big yojibimbo and pay him 1756 gil and boom zanmato evry time wrked for me ;)

Ultima Shadow
10-28-2004, 08:42 PM
It's annoying when people say that using Zanmato is cheating. It's not really...is it??
Yes, it IS C-H-E-A-T!!! Don't listen to Big D.... because he's a cheater himself... :tongue:

Valmars_soul
11-02-2004, 12:26 PM
it is exactly the same as using a very powerful spell like holy or something to kill someone in one hit and it is totally random so it is not a cheat

Auronhart
11-02-2004, 11:05 PM
I wish I had the international version, the NA version is way too easy. :(

Ultima Shadow
11-03-2004, 03:42 PM
it is exactly the same as using a very powerful spell like holy or something to kill someone in one hit and it is totally random so it is not a cheat
Nope, there's a big difference. I consider ALL kind of "instant-kill" on bosses "cheat". :tongue:
And by "instant-kill" I mean something that don't do dammage but just kills no matter what.
Like the death. The death spell, however, is not cheat/cheap/whatever since it don't work on bosses and some encounters + it may miss. I just can't see why Square keep making these cheap attcks into the games...

Old Manus
11-03-2004, 04:55 PM
If I did use Zanmato, I would just turn it off and retry normally. Zanmato is so random anyway I find that beating a monster by normal means is easier because, if you're good enough, you're guaranteed a win. For no extra cost.