PDA

View Full Version : Ultimecia!!

aquamarine
10-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Ok,this is it.I am finally at the end of this game and the only thing stopping me from getting it is Ultimecia :mad:

For the people who have beaten her please give me all of the advice that you can.However keep in mind that my party is at leval 40 and I dont have a lot of fancy items to use.I have a couple of questions concerning the fight though.

1.Someone told me to cast Meltdown on her,but do I just cast it once or do I keep casting it.

2.Is there anything in particular that I should junction to my party when I fight her?

Those are my biggest questions so if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.Thanks :D

Mo-Nercy
10-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Don't spread out your junctions. Just because she picks out three random characters doesn't mean you should lower the potential power of you main party. Just junction three characters normally and leave the other empty. If she picks out a character (or two...or even three) that you don't like, kill them off. The first form exists only for you to do this, otherwise you'd be able to take it down in two seconds.

If you don't get what I'm saying because you're one of those people who actually spread out their junctions anyway. I'd like to point out to you how crappy this makes your party. By spreading out junctions to 6 characters instead of 3, you're only getting half the junctions with everyone (because of your GFs) which means *gasp* you have base stats. This is horrible.

Also, if you're one of those people who do the exact opposite....Give Squall all GFs and leave 2 for the other 2 characters, you're also weakening the party. Sure, Squall kicks ass but what's the point when the other two guys have 1000 HP and do 54 damage.

So junction three characters. If she picks someone you don't like. Kill them yourself. Nothing in particular to junction them with but just make sure you do it right and do as I have said. Make sure you go into the second form (Griever) with your ideal party.

I've found Meltdown isn't necessary. You can win this battle quite easily with persistance and a little preparation. Do you have Bahamut GF? If you do. Praise the lord. You just guarenteed yourself a victory. Refine the Bahamut GF Card that you won from that fight with him to get 100 Megalixers. Since it's the end of the game, there's no point really in hanging onto the card or the items. Can you really lose this battle now?

If you can't fit Item on your junction abilities, ditch GF. You shouldn't even be casting GFs to begin with. They only exist to make your characters stronger.

Griever can be difficult to deal with because of Shockwave Pulsar. I don't know what your level is but at most it'll do about 7000-ish damage. You should have health WAAY over this regardless of whether you're level 35 or 100. If you're using a Megalixer every turn, there's no chance of you having any less than that. If there's anything that you MIGHT need to cast Meltdown on, it's the third form, because it's a bitch to take down. But it's nothing a few Renzokukens won't take care of.

The final form isn't as hard as you'd think. When she uses Hell's Judgement. Throw a Megalixer with one character and use limit breaks with the other two before the first character completes his/her command. Don't bother trying to Draw -> Cast Apocalpyse, it's really not that strong, especially when compared against Squall's almighty limit breaks. Just focus on the top half of her to win. You'll know when you win when she begins to talk. When she starts talking, you've actually already depleted her health to 0. Anything else you do from here is overkill. You can sit there healing yourself if you want.

Even without 100 Megalixers, this battle is quite easy. But you just have to take some more precautions. Namely, casting Shell and Protect on all your characters, especially when facing Griever's Shockwave Pulsar. You may want to keep one character with the GF command so you can cast Cerberus and then use Triple -> Curaga as your main form of healing but if you have Leviathan and Alexander, learn Recover and Revive from both of them and you won't really need to do this. I know Recover and Revive only target one person but you'll find that since Revive brings them back to full health and Recover heals back to full health, it really doesn't make a difference if Ultimecia kills them or merely hurts them.

A level 40 party should be PURE GOLD. Unless you have some really crap junctions. In which case I command you to refine EVERYTHING you have. It's the end of the game. No-one's gonna care.

aquamarine
10-02-2004, 10:10 PM
Ok,I have 3 party members that I am only using.The thing with the Junctioning system that I was wondering was there anything in particular that I should junction to help me protect myself a little better?

And as for my 3 party members they all have 5,000 HP.Of cours I know about that second form that takes 8,000 hp,but I was thinking I could use Hero on my party.I have 6 of them so I dont know if that plan would work entirely.

Is there anything that I can find that would junction my party to a really high HP?Currently I am using "Regen" I think.

Mo-Nercy
10-02-2004, 10:33 PM
At this stage of the game, you should be junctioning the really strong magics (that is, Ultima, Holy, Full Life, Flare, Meteor) only your crucial stats. These cruicial stats including HP, Str, Mag, Spd. I usually fill the rest up with Firaga, Blizzaga, Stop, Regen. All those mid-level junctions.

If you don't have the uber magics of Ultima, Flare etc. then I recommend the Islands of Hell and Heaven. Put Enc-None on and just walk around for a while pressing X.

Island of Hell: A bit south west of Deling City. It's the long pointy horn shaped island.

Island of Heaven: Easy to locate. Harder to find. North-east of the big Esthar forest. There should be a bunch of little islands with a funny green patchy colour. The Island of Heven is the round looking one.

Jolts
10-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Apacolypse is good for junctioning on your Elm-DEF...too bad you can't actually get it before the final fight...;)

aquamarine
10-03-2004, 03:55 AM
Ok I was so close to beating her 4th form.Its not that she kills me in one hit,but she does 2 or 3 attacks very quickly and I cant heal fast enough.Any tips on that particular form?

And one more thing.I found out that I can go through portals back to my world.But all of the cities have force fields around them.Is there any towns open?I wouldnt mind getting some more of the potions.

HunterFlamebrow
10-03-2004, 02:15 PM
Go to the Centra Ruins (the big Triangle/Diamond shaped builing in the Centra continent) and get Tonberry GF by fighting ABOUT 20 Tonberries. (If a timer appears when you enter, get Odin first, see if you can figure out how to get him, it's quite a challenge without Enc-None!). Anyway, after beating your 20th (or so) Tonberry, Tonberry King will appear. Beat him, and you will get the Tonberry GF, who has the ability to bring the store to you. And the junk shop, too, if for some reason you don't have Lionheart.

By the way, there's an easier way to locate Island Closest to Heaven. It's the closest to the Chocobo Forest in Grandidi Forest.

Also, I'm not sure who you're using for your team, but I would recommend Squall, Rinoa, and either Quistis (if you have Mighty Guard and Shock Wave Pulsar blue magic) or Irvine (and you don't need Pulse Ammo; AP works just as well), because they have the best limit breaks. For Rinoa, cast Aura on her at the beginning and put her into Angel Wing. Have her spells set up so that she has only powerful offensive spells (Meteor is really all you need, but Ultima is fun too) -- NO STATUS CHANGING SPELLS. And the more defensive spells she has the better, so the chances of Meteor getting 'blasted away' by Ultimecia are less. In any case, make sure that the first magic on her list is Meteor, and her Magic stat is 255. It will not matter how many Meteors you have in stock, she will cast it often, over and over, with each meteor doing about 6000 damage (60,000+ damage for a single casting). Quistis' Mighty Guard blue magic sometimes casts Protect and Shell on your party, but sometimes casts Regen, Float (and True Ultimecia does use Quake . . .), and Aura in addition to that, making it very awesome.
Also, if your speed is fast enough, and you are hasted, it is possible to use GF's against True Ultimecia and Ultimecia junctioned to Griever. You just need to have max compatibility and be lucky.

On the 4th form: I never worried about using Megalixers, because her speed is very slow, I had Regen cast on all characters, and the damage she did with physical attacks is very little. The only problem I had with her in her 4th form was Apocolypse -- *use a Megalixer as soon as she draws it*.

Hope that helps a little.

Forgotten_Hope
10-21-2004, 10:13 PM
I read all your stuff and hopefully it will help me to if not I'll let you know I'm hoping to complete it this half term ocne I'm back from my grans and done with all the psychology work and essays