PDA

View Full Version : emulator newbie (so very sorry)

Msilver
10-02-2004, 11:41 PM
my friend told me about these, so i did a search on NES emulators and got one that just put an application on my computor that installed the emulator when i double clicked. yay.

so i came to ffdownloads, to where i had visited before for nifty musics ^_^ and the emulator here (and all other snes emulators i find) put a .zip file on my comp, which it doesn't know how to open (the whole 'choose a program' thingy) and i'm stuck.

its not that i'm compleaty newbish when it comes to comps, its just that the second you dive in to something that makes somthing else work, i'm oblivious (maybe you would consider me totally newbish, come to think of it)

so i was wondering if anyone here could put up with this newbishness and tell me how to put this emulator on mah comp? i apologize for being a total moron XD

Msilver
10-03-2004, 12:09 AM
i have an NES one, looking for an SNES one. does the SNES one here suck as well?

*trots off to try to figure out the un-zipping thing until he either figures it out or screws somthing up*

EDIT: and i'm out of ideas >_< *awaits help of nice peoples*

Baloki
10-03-2004, 12:30 AM
Goto http://www.winzip.com

Download Winzip and install it, then you can open your zip files and chose an option called extract all, theres a walkthrough in the program :D

Msilver
10-03-2004, 12:32 AM
okie. i'll do that now. thankies. ^_^

EDIT: aww, crap. it costs money *sigh* thanks anyways >_<

RE-EDIT: okie, it seems my moms comp has this. yay.

anyways, the question remains: does the SNES emulator here suck?

RE-RE-EDIT: okie... unzipped emulator on my moms comp and moved it to mine... downloaded ff6e rom from here... opened the emulator and have no idea how to open the game from here XD sorry to bug you once more with my newbishness.

Doomgaze
10-03-2004, 03:20 AM
Winzip will merely whine at you on startup - you can continue to use it as long as you want without paying.

Rostum
10-03-2004, 03:28 AM
I'd suggest WinRAR, nearly everything uses WinRAR now, and it can also unzip Zip files.

crono_logical
10-03-2004, 11:54 AM
I'd also suggest Winrar instead of Winzip (from www.rarsoft.com ) - Winzip is only for those that don't want to let go of the past from when it used to be the best, it's simply not anymore.

Do the emulators on this site suck? Since they won't be the latest versions, then yes, most likely :p You should be able to get the latest from either www.zophar.net , or direct from the creator's website which should be in the Help > About menu item in most emulators :p