PDA

View Full Version : The Calender Thread

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 12:49 AM
To get Eizon back on track, we're going to make a calender thread. Basically, the active Eizon Leaders will post days where a special event, or just something special will be happening. These cannot be already existing holidays. You must give a description of what happens on that day as well, and when it is. Once a certain day gets taken, the other nations cannot have another event on the same day.

We ask for everyone's participation in this. You have to have a minimum of two special days, and a maximum of five. Once the day comes when the event has arrived, you may make a thread about it, and do whatever was in the description.

Keep in mind these events can be as imaginative as you want. Heck, on that day you can break the bounds of gravity if you want. Anything on that certain day, but only on that day. Here's an example:

SSL- Choco Day- The World is over run by Chocobo's!!

Then, you can make a thread about the invasion of Chocobo's, and what the nation will do. Although, it can be serious too if you want, anything goes!

Once you give us the special event days, we will mark them up.

For now, I will put the special events here:

Myst
The Festival of Senvu- The First week after March 21- First week after the Vernal Equinox- A festival celebrating love in it's myriad forms

The Day of Ilamun- June 20- Longest Day of the Year- All day, the new lives brought into the world from the year past are celebrated.

The Eve of Bruma- December 21- Shortest Day of the Year- All evening, the lives departed in the year past are mourned

Karlin

Atlantica

Vincentland
War Day- October 15th- Vincentland will have a mock battle with either allies or enemies...

Choco Raid- December 1st- From a corner hidden in the Forest of Riador in Vincentland, Chocobo will come and enter the city. It is around this time that you can tame them, and use them for transportation. They will raid the area for about 18 hours.

Desierto

Neifelheim

SSL
Super Shiny Day- August 23rd- All citizens are forced to wear a piece of clothing, or anything that shows something shiny. Also, this day the sun will be given a larger shine...

Behemoth Rising- November 28th- The cave of Behemoth will make the beast inside awaken from a year long sleep, and spread havoc over the capitol of SSL. Many are usually killed in this incident.

Hero Day- December 13th- You may dress up as an existing super hero, or your own made up one. All are required to do this.

Peanut Butter Jelly Day- November 2nd- Everyone gets up and does the peanut butter jelly time dance, and anything else affiliated to the dancing banana for a straight 24 hours.

Serenity

RyeVille

Le Grand Chien

Fiorensio

Aura
Moomba Yell- January 14- Due to the position of the sun and Eizon on that day, something attracts all the moombas too Moomba City...

Unition Day-June 24- The Day everyone in Aura (especially Aspersio) celebrates the day Aura united, and became a whole nation.

Leenora-September 5-Everyone is encouraged to be spontanious, and as random as they can be!

Baloki
10-03-2004, 12:56 AM
Oh the fun I am going to have with this one :P

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 12:57 AM
chaos: I don't like the sound of that..

Rubedo: Remember, you must give a description of the holiday, the date, it cannot be an existing one, or a date already taken by another nation, you must have a minimum of two, and a maximum of five.

kikimm
10-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Hrmm...hrmmity.

I'll go talk to CloudLeonheart about this one---it's all about collaboration, now. I'll get back to you on that one. We'll come up with a couple soon. It's time for Vincentland to get back in on the action!

BTW: Good idea.

:D

Baloki
10-03-2004, 01:09 AM
chaos: I don't like the sound of that..

Rubedo: Remember, you must give a description of the holiday, the date, it cannot be an existing one, or a date already taken by another nation, you must have a minimum of two, and a maximum of five.

Oh I'll be discriptive alright, these holidays will never be forgotton, mwha, mwhahaha, mwhahahahahahaahhahahahahaaaaaaaaa

*Quiten down Mini-me*

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 01:10 AM
chaos: Think them up then... I'm in the mood for some editing :D

Rubedo: Yaep, yaep!

kikimm
10-03-2004, 01:15 AM
chaos: Think them up then... I'm in the mood for some editing :D

Rubedo: Yaep, yaep!

You are one of a kind, my friend. Truly....

But anyways...what kind of events? I'm assuming they have to be somewhat serious?

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 01:19 AM
chaos: Hold on, I'll add more of a description to the first post. They can be as imaginative as you want.

Rubedo: On that certain day you can break the bounds of gravity yourself. Let me give you an example:

SSL: Choco Day- The world is overrun by chocobo's!!!

escobert
10-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Do we have a set number of days in the year or stuff like that or just use the normal calander?

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 01:29 AM
chaos: The number of days in the year are the same as the ones in real life.

Rubedo: Just post the date, the event, the description, and I'll do the rest.

kikimm
10-03-2004, 03:48 AM
All right.....Vincentland will have a mock battle (with allies or "enemies", is still undecided) on.....let's see. How 'bout....October 15? The day after my birthday. If that isn't suitable, we can talk about it and change it. No biggie.

EDIT: This is only a rouch idea, but it's good to have it posted, just in case.

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 03:51 AM
chaos: I'll just put down both...

Rubedo: I'll add it right now... Just remember that you have to have at least two holidays... Perhaps you can add those later...

kikimm
10-03-2004, 03:56 AM
I'll get back to you on those. Or you can talk to CloudLeonhart---he has a few good ideas up his sleeve.

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 03:57 AM
chaos: I could think a bunch in one second! You can have it as random and fun as you want, so try!

Rubedo: I want to see at least one nation with the required amount in the first day...

kikimm
10-03-2004, 04:15 AM
I just don't want to be TOO random/lame, you know? I want to make it fun for the other members as well....grrrr.

I'll steal another one from him. my brain's fried my schoolwork.
Or we could have the Advertisement day, where we all advertise Vuncentland in our posts, by mentioning it and linking them, Our sigs, usernotes, and PMs to neutral people.

But a date......when's the cut-off? Or is this a neverending thing?

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 04:17 AM
chaos: C'mon! He want more exciting things, not just little advertisements. Final Fantasy is the name, give it the fantasy.

Rubedo: Heck, anything, you could say that Behemoth arizes in Vincentland every June 23rd or something. :D

kikimm
10-03-2004, 04:20 AM
Yarg, I know.

If only you were still Vice Prezzie of Vincentland. :mad: :p

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 04:23 AM
Trowa: Well, I suppose. Try to come up with something fun, remember, you are going to make a thread about the event when it comes, so, you don't want one filled with advertisements, do you?

Rubedo: And I think I'm planning of making certain events happen all over every part of Eizon too.

FightClubFan#47
10-03-2004, 04:25 AM
Moomba Yell- January 14-Due to the position of the sun and Eizon on that day, something attracts all the moombas too Moomba City...

Unition Day-June 24- Day everyone in Aura (especially Aspersio) celebrates the day Aura united to become a country.

Leenora-September 5-Everyone is encouraged to be spontanious!!

Any good?

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 04:26 AM
chaos: There we go, some real fun days!

Rubedo: I suppose everyone should follow Siric's example...

FightClubFan#47
10-03-2004, 04:34 AM
chaos: :confused:

Trowa: Sorry, what was that?

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

What was what

*deletes post*

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 04:42 AM
chaos: Enough of this.. If you don't have a holiday to post, then don't post...

Rubedo: Speaking of that, I'd might as well ad some to Super Shiny Land..

Super Shiny Day- August 23rd- All citizens are forced to wear a piece of clothing, or anything that shows something shiny. Also, this day the sun will be given a larger shine...

Behemoth Rising- November 28th- The cave of Behemoth will make the beast inside awaken from a year long sleep, and spread havoc over the capitol of SSL. Many are usually killed in this incident.

Hero Day- December 13th- You may dress up as an existing super hero, or your own made up one. All are required to do this.

Loony BoB
10-03-2004, 08:26 AM
You'd think certain religions would have holidays, too. Particularly in the nations of which the religion is dominant.

EDIT: Nobody would have recorded the exact day that everyone arrived on this world, so I imagine each religion would have it's own special day for this event. I suggest people of each religion set aside a day for all people of said religion to consider a holiday, and then the nations can decide whether or not they are going to respect his holiday as official for either no people, only those with the religion or as a national holiday.

Trumpet Thief
10-03-2004, 04:53 PM
You'd think certain religions would have holidays, too. Particularly in the nations of which the religion is dominant.

EDIT: Nobody would have recorded the exact day that everyone arrived on this world, so I imagine each religion would have it's own special day for this event. I suggest people of each religion set aside a day for all people of said religion to consider a holiday, and then the nations can decide whether or not they are going to respect his holiday as official for either no people, only those with the religion or as a national holiday.

Trowa: Works with us, I suppose...

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

Trumpet Thief
10-05-2004, 11:56 PM
chaos: SSL
Peanut Butter Jelly Day- November 2nd- Everyone gets up and does the peanut butter jelly time dance, and anything else affiliated to the dancing banana for a straight 24 hours.

Rubedo: Vincentland

Choco Raid- December 1st- From a corner hidden in the Forest of Riador in Vincentland, Chocobo will come and enter the city. It is around this time that you can tame them, and use them for transportation. They will raid the area for about 18 hours.

Trowa: And Loony Bob, the religious holidays that already exist (Christmas) cannot be used in the Calender. You can make up another religious holiday, though, which is not put on the same date, or anything, of that certain day. The Holidays do not have to apply to religion, it's totally up to you though.

The Triumphant Hero
10-07-2004, 02:01 AM
Ok, heres one that I like: Giant Chia Pet Day: As a tribute to keep the evil Giant Chia Pet from demoliting Eisgaea, the people of Vincentland Sacrifice 20 large trees to keep the Giant Chia Pet at bay. A large house for the Giant Chia Pet must be built, but not from wood. Every 4 years, it must be fed a villager. Also, everyone must buy and pamper a Chia Pet, to keep the Giant Chia Pet from getting angry. All people are given paid leave, and no work can be done, unless at the command of the Giant Chia Pet. If the Giant Chia Pet is pleased at our efforts to content him, he gives us blessings for a good crop and gives food and wood back to the villagers, as well as providing us with his very powerful weapons, armor, and tools. This is on December 11. I have no clue where this idea came from.

Trumpet Thief
10-07-2004, 02:12 AM
chaos: Erm, I'll have to think about that. I think I'll make up the holidays for VL, considering now it is merged with SSL.

Rubedo: My brain hurts though...

Giga Guess
10-11-2004, 05:23 AM
The Festival of Senvu>First week after the Vernal Equinox>A festival celebrating love in it's myriad forms.

The Day of Ilamun>Longest Day of the Year>All day, the new lives brought into the world from the year past are celebrated.

The Eve of Bruma>Shortest Day of the Year>All evening, the lives departed in the year past are mourned.

Trumpet Thief
10-11-2004, 07:14 AM
chaos: I'm afraid I'll need those dates to be more specific, for example: Sept 16, etc. etc.

Rubedo: So, if you could?

Loony BoB
10-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Trowa: And Loony Bob, the religious holidays that already exist (Christmas) cannot be used in the Calender. You can make up another religious holiday, though, which is not put on the same date, or anything, of that certain day. The Holidays do not have to apply to religion, it's totally up to you though.I know, I was more concentrating on the fact that so many religions have been 'created' for this world, yet none of them seem to have any special days set for them! :)

Giga Guess
10-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Okay....Eve of Bruma...Dec. 21.
Day of Ilamun..June 20
Festival of Senvu...First full week after the vernal equinox...basically the week AFTER March 21st.

Trumpet Thief
10-13-2004, 02:04 AM
chaos: Okay, I'll add 'em later. BTW, what's up with the forums? There are a jumble of letters on "You last visited" and under every post...

FightClubFan#47
10-20-2004, 04:54 AM
Shouldnt this be Important:

Trumpet Thief
10-20-2004, 05:26 AM
chaos: Hey, Eizon World Challenge isn't "IMPORTANT".

Rubedo: Besides, my shiny title can't get my thaaaat far.

Bahumat
10-31-2004, 11:47 AM
May 29: Party at my place-everyone visits Caronea (at our expense) and eats and drinks themselves silly. No wars allowed on this day.

August 3: Annifontean Party-annifontians get together and celebrate. we'll figure what we celebrate later.......also a general meeting.

Trumpet Thief
10-31-2004, 02:53 PM
chaos: Sure, ummm, I'll add it later.

Fate Fatale
11-02-2004, 02:16 AM
Teardrops's Nationwide Festival (Nov. 1): A time when we celebrate the day out proud country was made.

Hokatai Day (On the Autumnal Equinox- Sept.22): Festival where we celbrate the coming of winter.

The Triumphant Hero
11-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Giant Chia Pet Day: As a tribute to keep the evil Giant Chia Pet from demoliting Eisgaea, the people of Aquanacus Sacrifice 20 large trees to keep the Giant Chia Pet at bay. A large house for the Giant Chia Pet must be built, but not from wood. Every 4 years, it must be fed a villager. Also, everyone must buy and pamper a Chia Pet, to keep the Giant Chia Pet from getting angry. All people are given paid leave, and no work can be done, unless at the command of the Giant Chia Pet. If the Giant Chia Pet is pleased at our efforts to content him, he gives us blessings for a good crop and gives food and wood back to the villagers, as well as providing us with his very powerful weapons, armor, and tools. This is on December 11.

Also, on July 15-21, we have Seafaring Ship week, where all of the citizens of Aquanacus spend all day
working on a boat for 6 days and spend the 7th relaxing in their boat on the ocean. The government provides the materials for the boats and is given all of the boats and extra materials on the 22nd.

Wuggly Blight
11-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Refoice good people of Sai Estrana, for it is november 5th, the festival of light! A whole day and night of fireworks, bonfires and people hanging glowly things outside there home among the fun and Parade.

Trumpet Thief
11-05-2004, 11:54 PM
chaos: Erm, if you own a nation and that is one of the holidays of that nation, you may make a thread about the Festival of Light.

Carnage
11-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Nov 15:Greatest day of the world

Trumpet Thief
11-06-2004, 05:59 PM
chaos: Alrighty, I'll add a description myself though :)

Carnage
11-07-2004, 09:58 PM
I was jokeing. Thats my birthday.

Trumpet Thief
11-07-2004, 09:59 PM
chaos: Oh... *slaps self* :p

FightClubFan#47
11-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Aura's Aura-March 26-A mysterios aura pass over Aura. Effects change each time. The effects could be anything like the moombas explode to the houses start molesting each other :P

Your slackin Rubey:P