PDA

View Full Version : Marle

Imperia
10-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Is there anyone here that actually likes her? Why does everyone think she's an airheaded ditz? I like her, and I never found her airheaded or ditzy at all.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-03-2004, 08:03 AM
Marle's great.

edczxcvbnm
10-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Who thinks that? She wasn't all that bright in the beginning of the game but she developed and became sharper. She was a princess and she wasn't very old either. Makes sense that she wouldn't be sharp as a tac.

I also think she has the best double techs in the game. From attacks to healing spells. She works great with everyone!

Outsider
10-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Marle is one of my favourite female characters, I have no complains about her.

Mo-Nercy
10-03-2004, 08:50 AM
I had nothing against Marle. She was a bit ditzy but she was really passionate as well when the game's story began to develop around her and the pendant. She was a permanent character in my party along with Crono and Ayla (not the best combination, I'm sure, but their Triple Tech looks really cool. I forget what it's called.)

Wuggly Blight
10-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Marle was usually in my line up, so shes okay...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-03-2004, 03:02 PM
She was a permanent character in my party along with Crono and Ayla (not the best combination, I'm sure, but their Triple Tech looks really cool. I forget what it's called.)Final Kick. Great combination.

m4tt
10-04-2004, 10:30 PM
I use Marle a lot. I like her.

DJZen
10-05-2004, 08:23 AM
She's good as a healer, can't rely on megalixers for the whole game.

Saint_007
10-05-2004, 02:11 PM
No, I don't find her ditzy. She has her moments (calling a robot Robo, how original, *blech*), but she appears to me as being kind and compassionate more than being actually airheaded. She's also the heart of the team, along with Crono. She's the one who suggested they go and try to stop Lavos when you find out the truth in 2030AD, and that's something that requires guts.

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-10-2004, 07:46 AM
I always name Robo R66-Y, which she still thinks is much better than his original serial number, R66-Y :D

In any event, I rarely use her, but I don't mind her, per se. She does have a good amount of depth to her.

bEoWuLfX
10-10-2004, 11:55 PM
I try not to use marle when I don't have to. Firstly I find all her spells useless when after every fight I get a lapis or some form of tonic. Her ice spells aren't too good and I refuse to use her combo techs.

Del Murder
10-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Lack of an ultimate attack spell turned me off from her because I don't really use dual/triple techs a whole lot. As a character she is one of the most dynamic of the game and that is always refreshing to see.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-11-2004, 01:22 AM
Two ultimate attacks in a party is plenty, when the third person has Life2.

Triple T
10-11-2004, 02:20 AM
Marle was... ok. She made me laugh a few times and her Techs and magic are really good. Especially when you don't have much MegaElixers. :)

Garland
10-11-2004, 02:24 AM
Chrono, Marle and Lucca were my default team. I thought Marle was pretty cool. Sure, not having a spell like Luminaire hindered her effectiveness, since three spells like Luminaire, Shock and whatever Magus' was (it's been a while since I've played) will always outdamage a triple tech. It shouldn't be that way, and makes comboing all but useless, unless you're forced to party with characters like Frog and Marle who lack the end-game killing power other characters have.

Del Murder
10-11-2004, 04:51 AM
Two ultimate attacks in a party is plenty, when the third person has Life2.
Life2 is nice but after your first playthrough it's kind of hard to die, and even before I don't remember dying all that much.

Magus
10-11-2004, 03:05 PM
well, you always need Marle on your 1st playthrough. i remember i was 7 when i started playing it, i had trouble killing the Dragon Tank. Imagine the others bosses =S.

I love Marle :p makes the game much funner to have a character like her around.

Giga Guess
10-27-2004, 05:58 AM
I think Marle is a great character, and essential on the first go through. After that....as a playable character, she does lose her lustre (But Poyozo Dance is not bad....)

Necronopticous
10-27-2004, 07:12 AM
Marle is hot.

Chibi Youkai
10-29-2004, 01:24 AM
I rather liked her. Using ice sword and it following really helped me, and plus, she was fairly good as a character.

Giga Guess
10-29-2004, 05:00 AM
Yeah, and I didn't think Marle was an airhead. She was naive, sheltered and headstrong, most of which were cultivated by her life protected in the castle. But yeah, as the game progresses, she definately matures, and sharpens up.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-04-2004, 07:20 AM
Marle and Lucca's Antipod 3 is rather good though, that and Luminaire in conjunction can do some serious damage. And if you are in need of healing, you can just have Lucca cast Flare, which also puts out a lot of damage.

Vincent like's MUFFINS
11-20-2004, 04:50 AM
For me Marle was NESSARY on first game and useful at other times.but when i need pawer i get crono :magus: and frog.thats my :thumb: party!

DO NOT DIS MUFFINS! :roll:

LunarWeaver
11-20-2004, 06:21 AM
Lucca is my goddess, but Crono, Marle, and Lucca are my favorite team... As far as female leads go, Marle could have been a lot worse... I thought she was coo' without an L!

Vincent like's MUFFINS
11-20-2004, 06:48 AM
point takin. Who doesn't like Flare rigggggggggggggght!

fear the spork!

jimmyh84
12-01-2004, 03:20 PM
Marly's cool, but I never used her that much I thought there coule be better parties w/out Marly, sorry.

Roogle
12-01-2004, 06:29 PM
I never took Marle out of the party. I thought her real name was weird until my dad actually named his kid Nadia even though my sister's name is Sadia.

Mirage
12-31-2004, 01:21 PM
I keep her in my party most of the time. Ice sword2 and antipode3, plus haste and life 2. Nice spells. I called her Nadia instead of Marle after I finished it the first time though, it's a much better name :). I also call Frog Glenn, and Robo R66-Y or R2-D2.

Crazy the Clown
01-01-2005, 11:33 PM
The only names I've changed are:

Marle-Nadia.
Frog-Glenn.
Robo-R-66Y.
Magus-Janus.

Spatvark
01-03-2005, 03:11 AM
I wrote the walkthrough and most of the CT stuff on the main site, and I say Marle is great as a player-controlled character, but completely idiotic dialogue-wise. MY party was almost always Crono, Lucca and Marle for ultimate arse-kicking, except when you were stuck with some other character. Honest to god, look at Marle's lines in the game and you'll see just how stupid she is XD Ask yourself if you'd ever be seen saying such things and you'll realise she's as thick as two short planks XD

theundeadhero
01-03-2005, 04:17 AM
I use all characters equally absed on what part of the game I'm in. That's to include Marle. Script means little to me as I usually rephrase what the characters say to fit more into the personality I put into the character as well as to not make them sound so stupid. I do that with all text driven games.