PDA

View Full Version : Boco the chocobo. *light spoiler*

The Amazing Spiderman
10-04-2004, 05:12 AM
I was wondering....do you ever kept Boco in your team?

I always have him, and I don't know why. In my last archive, it was at level 99.

Maybe because he was Wiegraf's Chocobo? (yes, he was at the Windmill fight)

Also, I only kept boco and no other chocobo, so I don't know if boco has something special that makes him different from other chocobos.....could he had 1 more PA or MA than a normal one, or more Hp?

Jolts
10-04-2004, 03:10 PM
I only keep him until I breed a Red Chocobo, then I might name the offspring "Boco" for sentimental reasons and toss the real Boco.

Zifnab
10-04-2004, 04:06 PM
I always keep him, but I never use him. I'll probably boot him next time, I find it annoying when I'm trying to do the tavern jobs and by the time I've finished I have about 10 chocobos clogging up my party.

BG-57
10-05-2004, 11:29 PM
I treat Boco like any generic monster. I keep him until I'm done breeding chocobos, then I release him. I don't like keeping a mixture of different monster classes; it makes breeding more difficult.

Ragnarok
10-13-2004, 07:05 AM
I usually toss any monsters that come into my party, I like building up characters more.

bEoWuLfX
10-14-2004, 05:40 AM
yeah choc was a peice of crap. I played around witht he red chocobo and then when I got a tiamat I was like screw you guys.

Fate Fatale
03-04-2005, 11:52 AM
*drool* tiamants...

dodhungry
03-04-2005, 10:14 PM
I never kept Boco on the team. I never would have room with all the other characters that are soooo much better.

Dignified Pauper
03-05-2005, 01:52 AM
In the battle at the windmill with Wiegraf, chapter one, the chocobo in that battle is named Boco, and coincidentally has the same brave and faith... I wonder why he ended up in the goblin woods?

Fate Fatale
03-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I dunno, I thing Wiegraf abandoned him there... I dunno... OR! Delita stole it from him and was riding it through the woods till he got attacked by hob-goblins...

wuglendei
03-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Guys do u know who BOCO is? He is the choco from FF5! He was the Main Chars Choco! OoOOoO I KNO exciting right! Now that u kno this u LOVE BOCO!....Half of you jus now prolly kicked em outta ur team.....

RedCydranth
03-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Not quite. Bartz's chocobo was named Boko, with a k, not a c. The chocobo rescued in Araguay Woods is named Boco. Not the same bird.

*reminder* I do not own this game any more and am desperately searching for a non-Greatest Hits copy, all of this is from memory unless stated otherwise. If I'm wrong, just tell me.

Also, IS your name an attempt at "Woglinde" the ship in which Xenosaga Episode 1 begins on? You appear to phonetically given it a shot, but fell short, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but is sure sounds like Woglinde.

wuglendei
03-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Man ur one of the first people who guessed it. And i hate xenosaga. Im a final fantasy type of guy. I kno i spelled it wrong but i wanted a different name that i could sue for all my games n shyt so people could reconize me on all my MMORPGS n FPSs.

dodhungry
03-13-2005, 08:23 PM
did you ever notice that when you hit select on Boco's name it says "Feels like we've met before."

EDGE
03-30-2005, 08:21 PM
I was wondering....do you ever kept Boco in your team?

I always have him, and I don't know why. In my last archive, it was at level 99.

Maybe because he was Wiegraf's Chocobo? (yes, he was at the Windmill fight)

Also, I only kept boco and no other chocobo, so I don't know if boco has something special that makes him different from other chocobos.....could he had 1 more PA or MA than a normal one, or more Hp?

Yes he rocks becoz he is sooooooooooooo cute :D :p :eek: :mad: :mad2: :rolleyes2 ;) :( :confused: oh yeah otherwise he's useless (but cute very cute)

edit by eest: please don't double post, especially not to hold the 'e' button on your keyboard down for 30 seconds. :D

Masamune·1600
03-30-2005, 08:36 PM
The only reason to keep Boco is for sentimental purposes or if you're attempting to have your entire party of 16 formed by non-generic characters (this would mean also keeping Rad, Lavian, and Alicia). In terms of actual battle utility, a yellow chocobo is certainly nothing to get excited about.

matt89
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
I've kept him, and i'm sure in FF5 it wasn't spelt Boko, it was Boco.

RedCydranth
04-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Well, Matt89, you're wrong. Don't be so sure. I own FFV and it is Boko.

Just to make sure I wasn't wrong I loaded up my FFV and started a new game. Its Boko. If that isn't proof enough heres 2 excerpts from other people who wrote FAQs for GameFAQs.com.

*Storyline*
The game opens at an enormous castle with a dragon perched on a ledge. Suddenly the King of Tycoon ( yup, another silly name) emerges. He is a man on a mission! Instinct has told him he must go off to check on the Wind Crystal, of which he is a Guardian. He warns his young daughter (who has also felt the disturbance in the force) not to follow him and flies off to the Wind Crystal.The scene then cuts to our hero, who is camped out in a field with his faithful Chocobo named Boko. As he awakes from a night of sleeping face down on theground, a huge crashing noise can be heard. A giant meteor has plummeted from the sky abov

This is another found in another FFV FAQ about FFV's Vehicles. Yes, the author's pen name was Boko.

Boko

Bartz's best friend, he is a yellow chocobo that will help you in some parts of the game, as the Final Fantasy 4's yellow chocobo, you won't fight while ridding him. You can also pass by some small water canals with Boko, later in the game he finds Koko, falls in love with her, and has three childs.

If this doesn't convince you I'm right then go play it yourself.

eestlinc
04-01-2005, 03:14 AM
I hardly think we can meaningfully debate the varied spelling of names that are translated from Japanese anyway, especially since the difference between Boco and Boko is completely negligible. While I doubt it is intended to be the same chocobo, it's clearly a recurring name in the series.

dodhungry
04-01-2005, 03:44 PM
Hey if we can go back and fourth between the word Boko and Boco, why don't we argure over something thats even more interesting......moogles... *breaks into song* (Everybody has water moogle, mine is pink and yours is blue....)

RedCydranth
04-01-2005, 06:33 PM
I just don't take kindly to people telling me I'm wrong when I'm right. I was just defending myself.

Koryiaki
04-16-2005, 07:41 PM
its boko in 5 boco in tactics, anyways, my oppinion on wiegraf and boco, he had a zodiac stone, why on earth would he need that chocobo anymore? and because he IS useless :p and its just a re-accuring thing, like Cid, only in FFT hes T.G. Cid, one could make the same argument as with boko/boco so just let it go, maybe they changed a few things so completely sleightly.

eestlinc
04-17-2005, 04:05 AM
none of us is ever really right. :D

Anyway, it can't be the same chocobo because Boco in ff5 is good and he wouldn't let Wiegraf ride him around.

Del Murder
04-17-2005, 05:57 AM
Maybe the money is good. He does have a family to feed, after all.

Squall of SeeD
04-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Anyway, it can't be the same chocobo because Boco in ff5 is good and he wouldn't let Wiegraf ride him around.

There's also the fact that the games aren't based on the same world. The more likely reason for it not being the same Chocobo.

As for the earlier debated matter of "Boko" and "Boco," it was translated from Japanese. The difference of one letter is hardly relevant. For that matter, Kefka's name was spelled as "Cefca" in even some official materials. "Edea" from VIII was "Idea." The world of Final Fantasy VII has been revealed by a pamphlet released at the last E3 to be named "Gaia" with an "ai," yet in the game, the icy cliffs at the top of the world are called "Gaea's Cliffs." But it's irrelevant because "ai" and "ae" have the same phoenetic value depending on the language and/or dialect in use.

Phoenetic values are all that are relevant in this matters.

Vod
05-01-2005, 02:27 AM
...do you think in the world of Final Fantasy they have chocobo pot pies? I don't know...it just seems interesting to think about...or it means that I need to get a life *looks at t.v. screen* never mind I have 3 lives...d'oh...2 lives

(just to be relevant to the conversation, I kept Boco just because I like having the simple monsters such as yellow chocobo, blue bull demon, peach pig thing)

Ultima
05-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Isn't Boko In FFVIII as well?

MushroomZOMBIE
05-01-2005, 04:18 AM
Its actually BOCO.Whatever,its a staple in the series,maybe they changed the spelling for different reasons

Lich3636
05-26-2005, 02:53 PM
none of us is ever really right. :D

actualy IMHO wiegraf was a good guy at the beggining he was sick of the nobles and there crap he even tried to help Teta it was just his hate for nobles consumed him and he turned evil which is why boco left him

BudSoda02
05-26-2005, 03:50 PM
Boco in FFV has no relation to Boco in FFTactics. It's just that the developers wanted to reuse the name. Besides, what's a game without a few unanswered questions. Just as in previous FF's there's always unanswered questions. Oh well... I just wish they'd do an honest sequel already. I'm getting a little impatient about it... Squenix, please do a sequel!!!
Thanks- BudSoda02 BudSoda02@yahoo.com

Gwelenguchenkus
05-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Well, Matt89, you're wrong. Don't be so sure. I own FFV and it is Boko.

Just to make sure I wasn't wrong I loaded up my FFV and started a new game. Its Boko. If that isn't proof enough heres 2 excerpts from other people who wrote FAQs for GameFAQs.com.

*Storyline*
The game opens at an enormous castle with a dragon perched on a ledge. Suddenly the King of Tycoon ( yup, another silly name) emerges. He is a man on a mission! Instinct has told him he must go off to check on the Wind Crystal, of which he is a Guardian. He warns his young daughter (who has also felt the disturbance in the force) not to follow him and flies off to the Wind Crystal.The scene then cuts to our hero, who is camped out in a field with his faithful Chocobo named Boko. As he awakes from a night of sleeping face down on theground, a huge crashing noise can be heard. A giant meteor has plummeted from the sky abov

This is another found in another FFV FAQ about FFV's Vehicles. Yes, the author's pen name was Boko.

Boko

Bartz's best friend, he is a yellow chocobo that will help you in some parts of the game, as the Final Fantasy 4's yellow chocobo, you won't fight while ridding him. You can also pass by some small water canals with Boko, later in the game he finds Koko, falls in love with her, and has three childs.

If this doesn't convince you I'm right then go play it yourself.

You apparently don't realise that SE named Boco after Boco in FFV. I don't care HOW it was translated, it is the SAME NAME in japanese, english translation doesn't mean anything, really.

BOCO is a famous chocobo. He was Bartz's chocobo in FFV, and in Final Fantasy IX there was also a reference to him.

Notice the black mages in Black Mage Village name their chocobo 'Boby Corwin'. Take a look at the first two letters of the first and last name and put them together. BoCo. That was the 'Boco' of Final Fantasy IX.