PDA

View Full Version : How is the comic thing?

Flashback007
10-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Do you known I bought this game two times? The first time I was really spoiled, cause I was used to playing FF VIII (I owned it then) and
FF VII (with a friend). So I saw the game, I bought it and I saw it was comic baloons. Very disapointing. On top of it, I never ever encoutered really hard things in a Final Fantasy game and I found the first part till that small village after the Ice Cave very hard. Very dissapointed, brought it back and traded it for Medal of Honor.

Then a few years later, I had bought meanwhile FF VI and the package of FF V and FF IV together. So I knew there were hardeder FF's. So I tought "what ever" and I went on buying it again. Stept over the comic baloons and played. Suddenly after the Ice Cave it was a fun game :). I liked and I event thought that the text baloons in comic stile gave some sphere to the game. When I played it, it was my first ever FF-game to finish. I was proud of myself and since I liked FF IX very much.

But what the point is: the text baloons in comic stile, they disapointed me the first time, but I was happy with the second time, so what did you think about is.

KentaRawr!
10-04-2004, 02:41 PM
FFIX is a GREAT game.. but 2 things pop up in my mind when I want to make fun of it *every game has a bad point, but these are just jokes* They are all Bobble heads, and Kuja is wearing a thong... the bobble head thing is good, kuja wearing a thong is desturbing. But FFIX is a great game! Hey..there are comic balloons? I didn't even notice that :tongue:

Zifnab
10-04-2004, 02:52 PM
I didn't mind that at all. I remember parts of the game where characters were talking and walking around and the speech part of the balloon followed them around so they didn't disconnect from the dialogue.

Tanwen Strife
10-18-2004, 08:28 PM
I find the ! 's whenever you find an item really annoying. I really liked how they did it in VII &VIII where you could see an item, and there was the odd "hmmm" if it was hidden. but ! ! ! everywhere.... BAH!

Azure Chrysanthemum
10-19-2004, 01:51 AM
I think Kuja and the thong is much more disturbing than some paltry speech bubbles which aren't really even that noticable unless you're REALLY hypersensitive to them.