PDA

View Full Version : a new tidus [SPOILERS]

listentomystory
10-04-2004, 01:08 PM
:rolleyes2

just gotta run something by all you hardcore ff freaks such as myself. did anyone notice that when you get the good ending with tidus on the beach he says for the first time
"im home"
thats the first time you here that in any of the games and i find it really significant that he said that cuz he spends the whole of x trying to get home to his zanarkand then all of a sudden says that spira is his home. i dont know if square intended to do this but if they did it was a nice touch.

Mo-Nercy
10-04-2004, 01:38 PM
I don't SE would have forgotton that Tidus was from the dream Zanarkand.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to make it sound all warm and fuzzy, like, "My home is where ever Yuna is."

Big D
10-04-2004, 11:31 PM
I don't SE would have forgotton that Tidus was from the dream Zanarkand.

I'm pretty sure they wanted to make it sound all warm and fuzzy, like, "My home is where ever Yuna is."I agree. His "real" home didn't actually exist, and had ceased to be. The real place he belonged was Besaid.

Trinity
10-05-2004, 07:58 AM
what is it with tidis anyway? im sorry let me introduce myself ... Im julia from holland.. ( where we get the games always late) and i wander what kind of use tidus has.. idont understand, he is not real . but somebody called shuin look like him, i know i didnt finished ffx-2 yet but .. can anyone help me understand . :love:

Big D
10-05-2004, 08:27 AM
what is it with tidis anyway? im sorry let me introduce myself ... Im julia from holland.. ( where we get the games always late) and i wander what kind of use tidus has.. idont understand, he is not real . but somebody called shuin look like him, i know i didnt finished ffx-2 yet but .. can anyone help me understand . :love:I have a theory about that. We know that the 'dream city' that Tidus came from was not real; it was a re-creation of the real Zanarkand. That dream was created by the Fayth, who all used to be citizens of Zanarkand. Some of the most powerful Fayth are the souls of summoners. Some of those summoners must have known Lenne, since she was a summoner too. So, some of the Fayth might have known Shuyin. The dream city is based on everything that the Fayth knew and remembered; that could include people, too. So, a summoner knew what Shuyin looked like; those memories became part of the dream, and eventually those details emerged in the form of Tidus.

Trinity
10-05-2004, 02:33 PM
good one really! but why is tidus so diffrent from shuin, is he? I think it is so deeply hard to understand , I just love that of a ff game.. but i want to make the puzzle which i cant right now so give me more info please i want to understand :D

Jolts
10-05-2004, 05:09 PM
This can all be explained with the "Chaos Thoery."
...wait, I don't know the Chaos Thoery...
Okay, so it can't be explained...
:lol:

Anyway, Tidus, Jecht, Tidus's mom, etc... all existed when Zanarkand got destroyed, and the Fayth just happen to remember them. I guess it could be possible that Shuyin is somehow a decendant of them. That's how I see it anyway, until proven otherwise.

Trinity
10-06-2004, 03:01 PM
mmm i dont know , I want it all clear does square enix has anything to say about this?

Big D
10-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Anyway, Tidus, Jecht, Tidus's mom, etc... all existed when Zanarkand got destroyed, and the Fayth just happen to remember them. I guess it could be possible that Shuyin is somehow a decendant of them. That's how I see it anyway, until proven otherwise.But the 'dream Zanarkand' existed for a thousand years... time was passing in the dream; people grew up, aged and died. So Jecht, Tidus etc were all distant descendents of the original dream-people...mmm i dont know , I want it all clear does square enix has anything to say about this?No, but that's the best part - the unfinished story. We get to make our own conclusions and theories, rather than being told every little detail. I like it that way:)

SeeDRankLou
10-06-2004, 11:59 PM
But the 'dream Zanarkand' existed for a thousand years... time was passing in the dream; people grew up, aged and died. So Jecht, Tidus etc were all distant descendents of the original dream-people
I agree.

what is it with tidis anyway? im sorry let me introduce myself ... Im julia from holland.. ( where we get the games always late) and i wander what kind of use tidus has.. idont understand, he is not real . but somebody called shuin look like him, i know i didnt finished ffx-2 yet but .. can anyone help me understand .
I have another theory on what Tidus is. In this game, there is a big theme of how everything and everyone are somehow connected. Take Yuna and Lenne for example. Several characters equipped the Songstress dress sphere in this game, but when Yuna equipped it, suddenly Lenne could act through her. How is this? I believe that this is possible because Yuna shares Lenne's spirit, they are connected. And when Yuna equips the Songstress dress sphere, Lenne can feel her own spirit again and can act through Yuna. I believe the same is true for Shuyin and Tidus. Tidus shares Shuyin's spirit. When Yuna meets Shuyin, she can feel Lenne's feelings, and she questions whether they are her own. These two spirits have been in love once before, and the feelings that Lenne has for Shuyin mirror the feelings that Yuna has for Tidus, which I think is why she questions that. However, Shuyin still holds onto his spirit because he is unsent. As time went by however, Shuyin spirit slowly began to fade from him, leaving behind only a shadow of what was once there. And I believe Tidus shares this piece of Shuyin's spirit that has left him. I also believe that this is why the fayth do not consider allowing Tidus to stay in Spira in the first place, because Tidus is not complete, not able to be real, the only thing that was keeping him in Spira was the fayth dreaming. And when the game is over and Shuyin and Lenne fade Tidus's spirit can be made whole again, thus being able to become real.

Trinity
10-07-2004, 02:29 PM
so you think it some kind of reincarnation or something.. but is tidus coming back? i want him too.. I just want yuna and tidus to live happly ever afther I just love happy endings :tongue:

Trinity
10-07-2004, 02:32 PM
mmm i dont know , I want it all clear does square enix has anything to say about this?

but still I want to know , how it really goes. we can have theory's but still then it is just like religion nobody can give real awnsers.. but we can.. the creators/square enix is still alive why dont we ask him..reall sweet with offcourse my female charmes :love: ( always seems to work with japanese men :D )

SeeDRankLou
10-07-2004, 10:29 PM
They don't give those answers on purpose. It's an extremely effective way of getting you to replay the game, so that you can look for things that you might not have seen in the first one. They tell the answers to your questions, but not directly, and on purpose. They finally had to come out and say that there was no way to revive Aeris in FFVII because a lot people were obssessed about it.

but is tidus coming back?
Just know that there is more than one ending to this game. They are the bad ending, sad ending, normal ending, good ending and perfect ending. I think that you can assume what might happen in one of these endings.

Trinity
10-10-2004, 03:01 PM
ioow I just what to know it , lets blackmail the creators ;)

Shayo
10-24-2004, 06:48 PM
hey ok i was reading and i read that she wanted to clear up the whole shuyin tidus thing, so if im saying stuff thats been said, sorry

shuyin was real, tidus was not, shuyin died a thousand years ago, the fayth recreated shuyin as tidus in the dream world, they just named him different cus they realised that shuyin didnt sound as cool as tidus, or at leats thats what i liek to think. so shuyin and tidus are the same but different...does that clear it up?

Big D
10-24-2004, 07:12 PM
hey ok i was reading and i read that she wanted to clear up the whole shuyin tidus thing, so if im saying stuff thats been said, sorry

shuyin was real, tidus was not, shuyin died a thousand years ago, the fayth recreated shuyin as tidus in the dream world, they just named him different cus they realised that shuyin didnt sound as cool as tidus, or at leats thats what i liek to think. so shuyin and tidus are the same but different...does that clear it up?I doubt they made a conscious decision for Tidus to be similar to Shuyin. They look quite similar, but different; they have different personalities and interests. After the Fayth created the 'dream city', it basically operated on its own - dream people were born, lived, loved, had kids, and died without the Fayth needing to consciously will it into happening.

There's a connection between the dreal world and dream world, but one isn't a blatant re-creation of the other...

Del Murder
10-24-2004, 10:15 PM
After the Fayth created the 'dream city', it basically operated on its own - dream people were born, lived, loved, had kids, and died without the Fayth needing to consciously will it into happening.
Or did they? If the fayth could create an entire world, who's to say they couldn't create people and love and lives. I think it's quite possible that Tidus was a recreation of Shuyin and that all of it, Jecht, Tidus, their lives in Zanarkand and departure from it, were all created and willed by the fayth.

SeeDRankLou
10-25-2004, 02:36 AM
Or did they? If the fayth could create an entire world, who's to say they couldn't create people and love and lives. I think it's quite possible that Tidus was a recreation of Shuyin and that all of it, Jecht, Tidus, their lives in Zanarkand and departure from it, were all created and willed by the fayth.
But the fayth didn't control Sin, and that's how Jecht and Tidus came to the real world.

Del Murder
10-25-2004, 05:03 AM
How did Sin bring people over from the dream world? I forgot.

SeeDRankLou
10-25-2004, 08:03 AM
Ifrit's fayth says that Jecht touched Sin, and became real. And that's what Tidus did right before he came to the real world. So, I think it's touching Sin.

Trinity
10-25-2004, 04:12 PM
okay , we have now 3 attentionpoints one tidus =shuyin
two what exactualy does the fayth do? and what has sin got to do with it.. please explain.. im very confused. :eek:

Big D
10-25-2004, 09:08 PM
okay , we have now 3 attentionpoints one tidus =shuyin
two what exactualy does the fayth do? and what has sin got to do with it.. please explain.. im very confused. :eek:The Fayth are like the "driving force" for the dream city and everything in it. They're dreaming to keep the memory of their old home alive. The Fayth - the ones in the Temples, anyway - all used to be Summoners when they were still alive. Now that they've become Fayth, other Summoners can call on them, drawing their spirit into the real world in the form of an Aeon.

Sin is a kind of summoning, too. Sin was created by Yu Yevon, former ruler of Zanarkand and unrivalled Summoner. He created Sin to punish the world for its senseless violence, after Bevelle destroyed Zanarkand. Yu Yevon is also the one who's making the Fayth dream into reality - it's Yu Yevon's power that makes Aeons possible, and the dream city. That's why the Fayth disappeared, Tidus vanished and the imaginary Zanarkand dispersed after the heroes beat Yevon in FFX.

So basically...
Fayth = dreamers
Yu Yevon = powerhouse for making those dreams come to life
Sin = another product of Yu Yevon's power.

Trinity
10-26-2004, 04:26 PM
okay , you answered my questions but not all of them, what about tidus bying shuyin and all.. I still dont understand ...because they have diffrent feelings and lives..

Big D
10-26-2004, 11:08 PM
okay , you answered my questions but not all of them, what about tidus bying shuyin and all.. I still dont understand ...because they have diffrent feelings and lives..They aren't the same person at all. They look a little bit similar, but that's all. Shuyin was a real person; he died alone with Lenne, a thousand years before events in the game. Tidus is a young man who was born in the dream world, nearly a millennium after Shuyin's death. Tidus' parents were dreams also, and their parents before them. It's just a theory, but it's possible that they look similar because the Fayth are responsible for the dream world. All their memories of their city go into making the dream, although there are differences. It's highly likely that some of the Fayth knew Shuyin. His memory might've influenced the dream in some way. It's possible that all the dream people have features based on people from the real world.

Trinity
10-28-2004, 04:07 PM
but where is tidus now?? just dissappeared

Big D
10-29-2004, 12:22 AM
At the end of FFX, the dream of the Fayth came to an end. Everything they had been dreaming ended, too - Zanarkand, Tidus, all of it. So he disappeared... but he went to the Farplane. So he wasn't really gone... That's how the Fayth 'revived' him in FFX-2 (if you get the good ending) - they gathered all the memories and energies of his spirit, and re-formed them into a person using their combined powers.

Trinity
10-31-2004, 11:45 AM
yess, afther the end, you saw him swimming to the surface. right? so what does that mean? ooh wisely bid D help me ! :D

ninja-yuffie
10-31-2004, 12:13 PM
well...he IS a dream so he never had a home...i dont knoe...mabye he is a med lodger

Big D
11-01-2004, 02:30 AM
yess, afther the end, you saw him swimming to the surface. right? so what does that mean? ooh wisely bid D help me ! :DIn FFX, you can discover a lot by returning to the Temples and talking to all the Fayth, before you go to fight Sin. The Fayth talk about what Tidus is doing, and how he's bravely fighting, even though he knows he can't survive if he defeats Yu Yevon. The Fayth appreciate that Tidus is going to set them free at last; so as a token of their gratitude, they say that they'll create a special dream, just for him, when it's all over. Shiva says they'll dream an ocean for him to swim in, so he'll be happy in the afterlife.
And then, in FFX-2, in the good ending, the Fayth re-form Tidus in the ocean at Besaid. The same video clip is used for this scene and the one at the end of FFX.

Trinity
11-02-2004, 02:04 PM
really? coool !