PDA

View Full Version : Video game heroes

Erdrick Holmes
10-04-2004, 10:28 PM
Alot of really great heroes have come into gaming, explain who you like the best and why.

I like Geddoe from Suikoden III more then any other hero in gaming history. Most RPG heroes with there own personally are either one of those "I don't give a crap about nobody but myself" types or the "I don't wanna save the world, I just wanna go home and be with my 2 girlfriends, wah wah wah (Cloud)" but he actually cares about the people he allies with. He's calm, cool, and collective, and never loses composure reguardless of what situation he's in. Due to the fact that he's old and that he carries the true Lightning rune and he fought alongside the flame champion in the Fire Bringer. he has great combat experience.

Solid Snake would come to a close 2nd.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-04-2004, 10:57 PM
Solid Snake is what I could call the greatest hero.

One man against 4325432 stupid terrorists. yay!

But seriously, he is awesome. He's calmed at pretty tight situations, he knows what he does, and to take many metal gears at a time, and still hide in a box...all-in-one. =)

Chris
10-04-2004, 11:27 PM
http://www.awn.com/mag/issue5.12/5.12images/goodman01.gif
Ren and Stimpy

Will forever stay my heroes !!!

Jolts
10-04-2004, 11:39 PM
The greatest video game hero, in my opinion, is Link.

Big D
10-04-2004, 11:46 PM
or the "I don't wanna save the world, I just wanna go home and be with my 2 girlfriends, wah wah wah (Cloud)"I'm trying to figure out if you actually remember FFVII, or if you're just making stuff up since you've decided to hate Square for making FFVII sequels.Cloud is hard. That dude went through absolute hell - living out a delusion, discovering the genuine horrors of his actual past, witnessing the destruction of nearly everything that mattered to him - but then he accepted the help of his friends and, without a second thought or regard for his own future, flung himself into the final battle, believing it'd probably be his last, but not caring (or allowing his doubts to affect others) because it was the right thing to do.
Cloud's one of the most genuinely heroic characters that the FF series has ever produced, in my opinion. Confident but humble, charismatic but not over-the-top, able to overcome adversity for the greater good.But where other heroes fell abandoned their responsibilities, he pulled himself together and persevered. Squall (FFVIII) abandoned the people under his command - both during battle, and afterward - to look after he woman he cared for. Admirable compassion, but dangerously poor and selfish leadership. Zidane Tribal (FFIX) never cared for the opinions or rights of others; instead, he just insulted or assaulted who disagreed with his view or 'right' and 'wrong'.

Alongside Cloud, I'd have to rank Solid Snake from MGS2 as a 'great hero'. In Sons of Liberty, Snake's gone above the high standard he set in MGS, and gained an even greater sense of morality - even though he's more hated by the world than he was before. He's aging prematurely and can never have a family, but he doesn't let that stop him being both iron-hard or compassionate, as circumstances require. A fighter, but a resolutely 'just' man. Not unrealistic, either - he's no 'pure' man, or in possession of higher ideals or morals; but he keeps doing what Gray Fox taught him - fighting for what he believes in, refusing to be used by any other group.

Erdrick Holmes
10-04-2004, 11:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out if you actually remember FFVII, or if you're just making stuff up since you've decided to hate Square for making FFVII sequels.

I'm just kidding around, but I don't like Cloud though, alot of other stuff n FFVII was cool too.

Shoeberto
10-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Locke, from FF6. He's a confident, good guy. Too bad he's not very useful in battle. (I'm not a big thief-user in RPGs.)

Doom Dude from the Doom games. He really gets me...y'know, speaks to me. I think, if I were put into that same situation (hell erupting on Mars), I would go through the same process as he did.

I can't think well at the moment. I'll be back.

Dante WolfWood
10-05-2004, 12:55 AM
I have to agree with Big D...Cloud is a really GREAT hero. SO is Solid snake...wow I never knew about that spoiler tho....makes me like him even more....BUT CLOSE in thrid is a hero who wasnt a main character: Auron....I dont believe Big D and I have to explain why, its here at this Link (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50551) .(its talking about his tragic end but you get why hes a great hero...)

But in 4th...people are really gonna hate me....TIDUS!!! hahaha!

black orb
10-05-2004, 01:05 AM
>>> If we are talking about heroes, X and Zero are the best..

Del Murder
10-05-2004, 02:12 AM
Link and Mario are my favorites ever.

Giga Guess
10-05-2004, 04:07 AM
I really like Heather from Silent Hill 3. Girl's TOUGH!I mean, rather than trembling under a table going "ohmygodI'mgonnadie..." Rather she perseveres, overcomes a great deal of obsticals...not to mention her father's death. Even when she is faced with certain doom, she keeps a cool head. I like her. Link's pretty cool, too, as is Cloud, but I think Heather's in a league of her own.

DMKA
10-05-2004, 04:27 AM
Ansem!

Ok he's not quite hero, but he came damn close to wiping out disney! :p

Giga Guess
10-05-2004, 04:29 AM
Sora's pretty cool, continuing on that stream of thought. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he's grown in KH2...

Trumpet Thief
10-05-2004, 05:10 AM
chaos: Video Game characters, eh? Will, I suppose Rubedo should be one of them because of the scene where he and Albedo fight against eachother, and even though he's nearly dying, he keeps on fighting.

Rubedo: That and the part when I always rushed forward to fight the bosses first. The same with Sohpie Peithos.

chaos: Also, Link was quite a good hero, in so many series he has triumphed in the hardest of areas. Fei from Xenogears was quite a hero too, same with Ryudo from Grandia II, because of sacrificing himself to become a piece of Valmar and stop him.

Trowa: Hmm, let's see, there were more. I suppose Sora was quite a hero, but, I would give Riku the title as well. Riku for giving himself up to darkness just to save a friend, and Sora, who fought through the dakness, and even when the chances were slim, pulled through. Locke for the same reasons, especially the emotional scene with Terra at the end. Edgar and Sabin seemed to heroes too, well, in the way they acted, and bravery in battle. Cecil as well.

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

Flashback007
10-05-2004, 08:14 AM
The greatest video game hero, in my opinion, is Link.

For making a top three it would be:

1. Link
2. Cecil (he is a reall hero in my opinion)
3. Kirby (the little pink hero is one of my favorites)

Resha
10-05-2004, 12:41 PM
SQUALL! :love:

Armisael
10-05-2004, 01:01 PM
I liked a lot Steve from RE:Code Veronica,he was very cool..Also i liked-it does not have to be only from RPG right?- Jin from Tekken and Guile,Ryu,Fei-Long from Street Fighter..

Meat Puppet
10-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Tommy Vercetti, because, I guess, it's not only the only one I can think of, but the only game I've played recently with a definative 'hero'. Oh, I did play a bit of FFVIII but I wasn't sure if that counted or not.

Jerdoulus
10-05-2004, 02:43 PM
Cid/Sid in the FF series. He's a great and resourceful inventor who always comes up with interesting inventions and machines which saves the day. He may not have been a great monster killer in the games but that makes him a hero in my book.

Mo-Nercy
10-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Pac-man. That little dude was trapped in a maze...with NO EXIT. An respawning evil things that only had to TOUCH HIM to kill him. Yet he stood up against his foe and bravely ate every dot that dared to impede his escape from these evil blobs.

Doc Sark
10-05-2004, 11:31 PM
My hero is Di Stefano from Pro Evolution Soccer 3. Seriously this codger scores goals for fun man, I love winding my mates up with him.

C'mon, you didn't think I was gonna choose Cloud or Snake over this guy did you?

Storm
10-06-2004, 01:48 AM
>>> If we are talking about heroes, X and Zero are the best..

Personally, I like the original Mega Man better than Mega Man X. X turns into a whiny baby in Mega Man X7.

Lindy
10-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Oh. My. God.

Think about it, Snake is not a hero, he's an anti-hero.

Does he care about saving the world for the sake of saving the world, like a true hero?

No, he does it because it's his job, and especially in Metal Gear Solid because he's been forced into it.

He's cynical, distrustful and disrespectful of any kind of authority, and really of anyone. He's a cold, calculating bastage, and really he's the only kind of person in a real world scenario who could save things. Because 'heroes' are more likely to save the ones they love over saving the world because they fail to realise that the small sacrifice of people close to them would save billions.

Snake is not a hero, what he does isn't heroic, it's necessary for survival, especially his own survival.

Strider
10-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Strider, naturally. :D

Erdrick Holmes
10-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Oh. My. God.

Think about it, Snake is not a hero, he's an anti-hero.

Does he care about saving the world for the sake of saving the world, like a true hero?

No, he does it because it's his job, and especially in Metal Gear Solid because he's been forced into it.

He's cynical, distrustful and disrespectful of any kind of authority, and really of anyone. He's a cold, calculating bastage, and really he's the only kind of person in a real world scenario who could save things. Because 'heroes' are more likely to save the ones they love over saving the world because they fail to realise that the small sacrifice of people close to them would save billions.

Snake is not a hero, what he does isn't heroic, it's necessary for survival, especially his own survival.

If you played MGS2 you'd say the opposite. Snake actually cares about the irradication of Metal Gear in MGS2.

Cz
10-06-2004, 04:48 PM
My hero is Di Stefano from Pro Evolution Soccer 3.
:love:

Jolts
10-06-2004, 05:05 PM
If you played MGS2 you'd say the opposite. Snake actually cares about the irradication of Metal Gear in MGS2.
That's mainly just an excuse for him to fight. He wouldn't be able to stand not fighting, it's in his blood.
That's how I see it, anyway.

Ouch!
10-06-2004, 07:54 PM
Zidane. I loved Zidane.

Lindy
10-06-2004, 09:36 PM
I have played MGS2, I've played them all, heck even the MSX/NES ones.

Snake fights because it's his job, because it's what he does best and because he can do nothing else. That's it, the irradication of metal gear? Again, all about survival.

Solid Snake is not a hero, he's an anti-hero, and I will always stand by that opinion.

Raiden on the other hand? Prissy, wimpy, hero wannabe.

Note : Just so you know, anti-hero does not mean he's a villain.

Outsider
10-08-2004, 07:38 AM
Ramza (FFT) is maybe my favourite hero. This guy was betrayed by his country, his brothers and his best friend. The church was against him. Everyone was against him.

The best thing about him is that he wasn't a hero. He wasn't confident or charismatic. He wasn't faster or stronger. He had no heroic qualities at all. He hadn't a big sword or a cool hairstyle.

He was just some guy, who had to save his sister. And he saved her. And he also saved the world, but that was not his goal. That's what I really like about him.

Lord Chainsaw
10-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Richter "HYDRO STORM!" Belmont.

The top badass of an already badass clan.