PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

Jolts
10-05-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm sorta' near the end of Final Fantasy VIII. Who here has an opinion on what I should do next?

Zifnab
10-05-2004, 08:58 PM
It's tough, but I voted Tactics. Not because it's better or anything, they're both great. Just FFIX has a lot of pre-FFIX references, including many FFTactics ones which you might appreciate more if you played FFT first.
On the other hand, FFT is the harder of the two, so it might take longer to complete.

The Amazing Spiderman
10-05-2004, 11:58 PM
What he said. *points above*

Jolts
10-06-2004, 09:08 AM
I've beaten both before, just not without cheating. Heck, this is my first time to beat FFVIII without cheating, and it's starting to give me troubles. Right now, I'm trying to get six Malboro Tentacles to get Doomtrain, but I only have two, and the dang things refuse to even fight me (and out of the three times they have, I've only survived once). The only exception I might make to cheating is to get three Ribbons, Mog's Amulet (or whatever), level up Boco, etc... (stuff that requires that thing-a-ma-bob that I don't have access to), but I'll only do that after I've obtained all GFs and learned everything for them. Judging by how long it took me to beat FFT with cheats, yeah, it'll take a while :lol:. Maybe I'll just start playing that whenver I'm burnt out one whichever other FF game I'm playing.

Despotus
10-24-2004, 02:45 PM
Jolts, which cheats did you need for FFT? I know of 'duping' weapons, but that's not REALLY necessary to beat the game, is it? Are there other cheats that you used? Beat this game honestly, it feels real good! Good luck, noble warrior. :rock:

Ragnarok
10-25-2004, 04:01 AM
It's tough, but I voted Tactics. Not because it's better or anything, they're both great. Just FFIX has a lot of pre-FFIX references, including many FFTactics ones which you might appreciate more if you played FFT first.
On the other hand, FFT is the harder of the two, so it might take longer to complete.

What kind of FFT references were in FFIX? I have beat them both and didnt really pick up on any of the references in IX.

Zifnab
10-25-2004, 10:59 AM
What kind of FFT references were in FFIX? I have beat them both and didnt really pick up on any of the references in IX.
Most of the items have the same name in FFIX and FFT.