PDA

View Full Version : Whats the AP trick?

LuCas23332
10-05-2004, 01:00 AM
well i heard something about the ap trick on karma or some lil frog at omega ruins doing 99999 damage to you and u get that exp but i need a clearer explanation.

make it understandable please.

thx

Snappie88
10-05-2004, 01:20 AM
Yup, there are two XP tricks. I only know one.

You have to equip the following abilities to your weapons (of three persons):
Triple AP (double AP will also do)
Triple Overdrive (double overdrive will also do)
Overdrive -> AP (important!)

Then, fight Don Tonberry. One of the three characters will be attacking, and because the Tonberry counters everything with a very strong attack, you're attacker will die often. The two other characters are going to heal the attacking character. Importent is the type of Overdrive you have, the attacker's overdrive should be set to 'Stoic', the other two's set to 'comrade'. Every time the attacker is dealt damage, you earn AP. So, even if you flee from the battle, you get tons of AP.

The first try for me earned me like 60 sphere's for the three persons, even more i think.

LuCas23332
10-05-2004, 01:31 AM
oh thanks, thats more better now.

but 1 or 3 more questions and im done, what are the specific locations for either:

double AP
triple AP
Overdrive --> AP

?

that is all i think, depends on how you explain it the more i will understand.

Snappie88
10-05-2004, 01:35 AM
Hmm, need to get the strat guide to answer that one:

Overdrive -> AP - Door To Tomorrow x10

Get it from meeting the conditions for Catatroph in MA. Steal from Ultima Weapon/Bomb King. Bribing the Mech Scouter/Leader.

Triple AP - Wings to Discovery x50
Win the Chocobo race in Remien Temple earn you 30 of them. Forturmore mug Marlboro or Great Marlboro's. I recomend mugging Marlboro's, but It'll cost ya big money!

Triple Overdrive - Winning Forumula x30
Capture one of each monster in the MO gives you 99. Or bribe Sandd Worms (defeat Ultimat Buster is also a posbility).

LuCas23332
10-06-2004, 01:10 AM
theres one more problem im having when capturing all monsters in "cavern of stolen fayth" to unlock don tonberry.

are we suppose to catch the "magic urn" thingy in that cave? cuz that thing has like 99999 hp and its impossible to catch that thing without attacking the wrong spot on him and i only do like 300 damage in a hit.

currently i have these monsters:

imp
dark element
nidhogg
thorn
yowie
ghost
valaha
epaaj

what am i missing? or how do i catch magic urn if thats what im missing?

EDIT: nvm, i found out what it was by looking at the guides, im missing "tonberry" in the cavern of stolen fayth.

but i never find him x.x i spent like 2 hours trying to find him and he never appeared, is he in a particularly area or in some house or a spot?

i just need to capture this guy and im off to doing the ap trick.

thx.

LuCas23332
10-06-2004, 05:48 AM
nvm i got it, i found tonberry.

thx for the help anyway.

the most ap ive ever gotten was 160000 exp so far on doing the ap trick ><