PDA

View Full Version : A Confession

Necronopticous
10-05-2004, 01:00 AM
I have a confession to make, that might put many of you into dismay. I have yet to play Final Fantasy III! I feel that it's a great flaw to my character, being the most enthusiastic Square freak I know, but it's mainly due to really hating the Nintendo emulators I've been exposed to. So far I haven't found a Nintendo emulator that works, that I'm happy with. I guess I'm spoiled by Zsnes, I always wished they would make a Znes because I think that Zsnes is a really great program, but I guess I am lately feeling so bad about not having experienced this game, I am asking all of you for your opinions on Nintendo emulators that will run on Windows XP Professional with no problems, and something that is BEARABLE! I don't know what it is with the Nintendo emulators, but I feel like they were made under a conspiricy to turn me off to them so I would NEVER play Final Fantasy III. For instance, one of the most popular emulators is called NESticle, a blatant reference to the male reproductive organs, the testicles. The icon for the program is even a cartoon drawing of one. This instantly makes me not even want to see how the program works. Not that I'm offended by it, I am in no way sheltered or conservative, but I would just prefer to use software made by someone with a little higher rating on the maturity scale. I believe that I tried the NES emulator offered in the download portion of Eyesonff, but it was incompatible with Windows XP Professional. Any help would be appreciated, I'm really looking forward to 'completing the Square' the way I see it, since this is the only Final Fantasy I've never played and beaten.

Since we're on the subject, what are your opinions on the game? Comparisons to other games in the series? Storyline? Gameplay? No spoilers please. Thanks!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-05-2004, 01:25 AM
Definitely play FFIII. It's great fun and has many innovative aspects that were never reprised in the later games in the series.

NNesterJ is probably the best NES emulator.

TasteyPies
10-05-2004, 01:48 AM
I highly disagree, Nestopia is user friendly and has more extra features.

DJZen
10-05-2004, 07:35 AM
I use NNNesterJ, it works fine on XP pro. Nesticle also works fine, I don't know why people hate it so much.

Play FFIII, for the love of god, play it now.

Dragoon Kain
10-05-2004, 12:21 PM
ff3 is a good game and i like it alot. i got to the mini city in my old game and then the rom messed up :cry: i havent really played it much since then but its still a wonderful game. and i use famicommunist and it works great!

Necronopticous
10-05-2004, 04:18 PM
Fammicommunist, what a brilliant name. Well, thanks everyone, I think I'll try out a few of your suggestions, after I finish my FFX NSGIENC and FFV playthrough, that is. :D

Dragoon Kain
10-06-2004, 12:13 AM
haha yea i thought it was a funny name too. and its a really good program too.

Sefie1999AD
10-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Definitely play FF3. I used FCE Ultra to play it, and it works perfectly with Windows XP. Good image quality, nice sound, no lagging, doesn't crash, easy to use and set up your key configurations while still having loads of options, and translation patches work with it. Speaking of translations, you should get the latest translation for FF3j from Zophar's site. I think EoFF's site also has a translation, but when I last checked it (a long time ago) it's slightly incomplete, only showing Japanese text during the ending.

Chris
10-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Get this one, it's the best: RockNESX

You can find it here:

http://www.geoshock.com/downloads/emulators/?system=nes&systemname=NES

Mage_of_Fire
10-31-2004, 08:42 PM
I use FCE Ultra too, I have never had any problems and it just plain rocks. Just google FCE Ultra and you'll find it. I tried NESticle once and it SUCKED. Also my rom says that you can't use nesticle with it. I like FF3 and my rom better than some http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifhttp://forums.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/lovesmile.gifty emu so i trusted it and deleted nesticle from my comp.

DJZen
10-31-2004, 11:27 PM
What are you talking about? NESticle runs FFIII. I used to play through most of the game. NESticle works pretty well, actually. It just doesn't support some of the mappers that more recent releases do, which is understandable because it hasn't been updated since like 1999. There are a lot of NES emulators based on it since the author made it open source with its final release. Can't remember which ones off the top of my head though.....

theundeadhero
10-31-2004, 11:56 PM
I played through FFIII a little over 2 years ago with Nesticle and it worked great. It's my favorite Nes emulator I've tried. If you don't like the name you can always change the name and icon on your computer once you download it. As for the game, my favorite nes final fantasy. It's really fun.

DJZen
10-31-2004, 11:58 PM
But how can you NOT like the name? Sure, it's not as good as Famicommunist, but it's funny in a juvenile way.