PDA

View Full Version : Stupid rain....

SeeDRankLou
10-05-2004, 03:16 AM
I just washed my car yesterday. And lo and behold, this afternoon there was a thunderstorm and poof, my car is dirty again. This has happened to me the last like ten times I've washed my car. Does anyone else find that when you wash your car (or someone elses) that there is a propensity for rain?

Giga Guess
10-05-2004, 03:18 AM
I dunno about where you are, but where I am, this last year has been HORRIBLE about rain. Up until recently, there wasn't one week that it didn't rain. It was cool at first, but soon after it just got rediculous.

kikimm
10-05-2004, 03:35 AM
Ugh! You're lucky! It hasn't rained where I live since...last Halloween. I really miss the rain. It's soothing; I feel like grabbing a really good book, get wrapped up in a blanket, with chicken broth, and sit by the fire.

But yes....definite case of Murphy's Law there.

:D

DMKA
10-05-2004, 03:37 AM
I love the rain! I wish it'd rain here. ;___;

Giga Guess
10-05-2004, 03:46 AM
I must admit, it was refreshing.........at first.

We had about 2, or 3 years of drought, so it WAS needed, but after a while, it was more of a hinderance than a help.

But feel free to move up here, DMKA....rawr!

Trumpet Thief
10-05-2004, 03:47 AM
chaos: Well, I'm currently on a trip to Vancouver, and it's supposed to have the best weather. I've seen no rain so far...

Rubedo: I wouldn't say I miss it though... I like snowy days way better than rainy days, and pretty much hate getting wet...

Albedo: *Laughs maniacally*

Trowa: *Sits and stares and sits and stares and sits and stares*

Kirobaito
10-05-2004, 03:53 AM
Yeah, SRL, that rain today sucked. Yay for Texas rain, though! :p

DMKA
10-05-2004, 03:56 AM
Yeah, SRL, that rain today sucked. Yay for Texas rain, though! :p
Yeah I mean that place needs as much as it can get...for more reasons than one. XD

Big D
10-05-2004, 07:01 AM
I just washed my car yesterday. And lo and behold, this afternoon there was a thunderstorm and poof, my car is dirty again.How does rain make your car dirty?
I mean, the pollution can't be that bad, surely.

nik0tine
10-05-2004, 07:09 AM
Rain always makes your car dirty. At least, ive always known it to do that.

SeeDRankLou
10-05-2004, 07:35 AM
How does rain make your car dirty?
I mean, the pollution can't be that bad, surely.
Where I live, there's a lot of dust and pollen, ect. ect., in the air, and the humidity is like 100% almost constantly between April and October. So, your car get wet, and if you don't dry it right away, when it dries by itself the dust and stuff in the air gets on your car and it's dirty again. When you wash your car where I live, you have to keep it wet until you can shammy it, or it just gets a little dusty again.

Zell's Fists of Fury
10-05-2004, 07:44 AM
What the hell is rain?

Meat Puppet
10-05-2004, 07:52 AM
I never clean my car, but I just scratched a big hole on the side on a <del>small child</del> fencepost today :(

o_O
10-05-2004, 09:34 AM
We've had plenty of rain where I live. I love the rain. :]

NM
10-05-2004, 10:22 AM
If you want rain come and live in England. It's overcast and rains nearly every day. Apart from maybe the odd weekend sometime in June. :D