PDA

View Full Version : Some minor CT questions... (Spoilers may exist)

Saint_007
10-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Now, I have a couple of questions concerning the Chrono-verse:
To anyone who kept getting catfood after winning the second cat, they'll wind up with a maximum of 11 cats. The last one is purple. Could it be that this one is Alvador, Janus' cat from 12,000 BC? IIRC, one of the CT endings (where you revive Crono and keep the Epoch intact), has Crono's mom following his cat(s) into the time portal. Is it possible that one of those cats was Alvador?
Refer to Robo's little speech after the "Fiona's Forests" sidequest, where you let Robo help Fiona regrow the devastated forests then reactivate him after 400 years. He'll say that "Lavos may not be the source of gates" and speaks of an Entity that might have generated them as a result of long-lost wishes of changing the past.

Could this Entity actually be Schala, trapped within the remnants of Lavos' being?

Wuggly Blight
10-05-2004, 05:02 PM
2. Yes, I belive this is refering to Crono Cross, and the enemy on that.

Captain Maxx Power
10-05-2004, 07:12 PM
The whole entity thing has been on quite a bit of debate. Pre-CC the jury was still out, with ideas ranging from Schala to the player (i.e. you). The story from CC seems to hold that Schala was probably the 'entity', though to me comparing CC's story to CT's is like comparing Camembert to Leichester. They're both cheese, but they're not the same, you dig?

TheAbominatrix
10-05-2004, 08:14 PM
As for Alfador... I dont think so. Alfador never made it through any sort of gate (that we know of) and he seems to just be a normal cat. He was playing with an Earthbound child back in his own time, so I'd assume he'd stick with that kid.

It's an interesting question though, I never thought of it that way.

Outsider
10-05-2004, 11:50 PM
1. I guess it was some kind of joke. I don't think that Alfador would live until 1000AD, or that he would go through some gate. It's funny, the last cat you get is just like Alfador. Try to bring Magus near him, and see if that cat follows him.

2. According to CT's story, there's nothing pointing that this "entity" that Robo speaks of is Schala. And I ignore whatever happened in CC.

Sefie1999AD
10-06-2004, 02:18 PM
1. I guess it was some kind of joke. I don't think that Alfador would live until 1000AD, or that he would go through some gate. It's funny, the last cat you get is just like Alfador. Try to bring Magus near him, and see if that cat follows him.

2. According to CT's story, there's nothing pointing that this "entity" that Robo speaks of is Schala. And I ignore whatever happened in CC.

1. I think Saint_007 is trying to say that Alfador is originally Crono's cat. During the ending, the cats go through the time portal, and the purple cat ends up in 12,000 BC and becomes Janus' pet cat there. It sounds valid, but there's no proof about it in the game, and that would create a time paradox too (if you don't breed cats until you get Alfador, how can Janus still have Alfador as his pet?).

2. What Outsider said.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-06-2004, 03:38 PM
It's been confirmed that the "Entity" is the will of the planet itself.

Captain Maxx Power
10-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Any hard evidence for this?

Outsider
10-06-2004, 09:19 PM
I think Saint_007 is trying to say that Alfador is originally Crono's cat. During the ending, the cats go through the time portal, and the purple cat ends up in 12,000 BC and becomes Janus' pet cat there. It sounds valid, but there's no proof about it in the game, and that would create a time paradox too (if you don't breed cats until you get Alfador, how can Janus still have Alfador as his pet?).

Hmmm... Yeah, I understand what he said now.

It would be very cool, if Alfador was actually Crono's cat that walked through the gate. Too bad that Crono's first cat is not the purple one...

TheAbominatrix
10-06-2004, 10:23 PM
1. I think Saint_007 is trying to say that Alfador is originally Crono's cat. During the ending, the cats go through the time portal, and the purple cat ends up in 12,000 BC and becomes Janus' pet cat there. It sounds valid, but there's no proof about it in the game, and that would create a time paradox too (if you don't breed cats until you get Alfador, how can Janus still have Alfador as his pet?).

2. What Outsider said.

Ooooh, makes sense. Still, if it were true and Alfador escaped to 12,000 BC, from the way the gates seem to work in the game he'd still get there after Zeal has fallen, not years and years before all that in time to become Janus' pet.

Outsider
10-07-2004, 03:58 AM
Well, when Janus was sent through a gate by Lavos, he was sent to years and years BEFORE 600AD, since Magus is an adult. The same thing would apply here.

Magil
10-15-2004, 08:58 PM
It's been confirmed that the "Entity" is the will of the planet itself.

who what where when why confirmed that?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-15-2004, 09:53 PM
One of CT's principle creators said so in an old interview. It'd probably be about as hard to find now as the interview in which Sakaguchi revealed that Tifa wasn't originally a character in FFVII's story and was only added into the mix to make up for the loss of a certain other female lead.

edczxcvbnm
10-15-2004, 10:16 PM
Kawaii is right on the entity being the planet. Creators say so. If I remember correctly they said they don't know why it was traslated as the entity instead of the planet. Maybe I will hunt for the answer.

If you think about the entity being the planet everything makes perfect sense. Even more so with Chrono Cross with Dinopolis and the like.

Thiamor
01-30-2009, 08:40 PM
They should have added an event where you could get Schala. I mean, it would've been cool at least. I heard you could only get one secret character and that was Magas. That does blow big time.

The Man
01-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Magus wasn't even a secret character. And I think Schala not being playable adds to her mystery.