PDA

View Full Version : FFT Characters?

KentaRawr!
10-05-2004, 03:24 PM
I looked at some of the Pics of FFXII, and some of the characters were recognizable. some pics looked like Ramza, others seemed to have Delita, and another pic seemed to have either Princess Ovelia in it, or Ramzas Sister *forgot her name ;-;* what do you guys think?

Ouch!
10-05-2004, 04:25 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they had cameos, but I doubt they'd be important characters. This is Ivalice, not necessarily the same Ivalice, but Ivalice none the less.

Necronopticous
10-05-2004, 04:58 PM
I personally don't think any characters will make cameo-appearances.

TasteyPies
10-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Naw

Ouch!
10-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Clarification: I didn't say it was likely, rather that it wouldn't surprise me. I don't think it'll happen, but there may be obscure references.

KentaRawr!
10-06-2004, 02:28 PM
^_^; oh well, Don't really want to hear an american voice actor attempt at sounding childish at certain points of the game lol Ramza: "W..well.. I.."

abrojtm
10-07-2004, 02:44 AM
I thought this took place in the FFTA world, not the FFT. After all, it has judges, Viera, Bangaa, and probably much more than that-all of which FFT was lacking of. :confused:

KentaRawr!
10-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Judges are going to be in FFXII..!? Curses!! The judges are evil!! :mad:

Big D
10-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Isn't FFXII set several centuries after FFT?

Ouch!
10-11-2004, 03:06 AM
Judges are going to be in FFXII..!? Curses!! The judges are evil!! :mad:
Exactly, they're the bad guys. I've also heard that they are refered to as the terror knights a while ago. I know in the translation, Balthier says of the judges, "Judges? More like executioners." If you've seen the trailer, that guy in the black armor is a judge. The guy in the logo is also apparently a judge.

I think it's been made clear that the FFT, FFTA and FFXII are all different Ivalices with certain similarities... at least that's what I've heard a lot.

BusterSword777
10-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Apparently, there are going to be many references from Square Enix's games, not just the Final Fantasy series, either. If you'll look closely at the pic of Vaan in the Wallpaper section, you'll see he's holding a certain fruit that made its first appearance in Kingdom Hearts (Someone help me out, I forgot the name of the fruit...)

Ouch!
10-18-2004, 02:30 AM
Paupu fruit? I think that's how you spell it.

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. It's going to be their last mainstream Final Fantasy title on the PS2, so they'll do what they did with FFIX and make a bunch of reference to some of their previous titles for nostalgic value.

BusterSword777
11-01-2004, 08:23 AM
Yes, paupu fruit was correct, I believe... I like the direction Final Fantasy is heading... They're basically taking elements from other games they've made and they're giving them a bigger role in XII... also, I just like Moogles, kupo!

KentaRawr!
11-09-2004, 02:02 PM
I think it's been made clear that the FFT, FFTA and FFXII are all different Ivalices with certain similarities... at least that's what I've heard a lot.

I think its the same ivalice but in each one, it was even further into the future.

I will make up time periods to give an example..

1000 A.D. FFT, 1500 A.D FFTA (after time, maybe animals evolved O_O) 2000 A.D. FFXII.

I think this is true because I saw an extremely short trailer for FFXII and there were some flying machine like things... they looked like Jets O_O apparently the people of Ivalice were waiting for their arrival (they were all celebrating) But that kind of technoledgy could not be in the original FFT, so it could be 1000 years in the future O_O (that was just used as an example)

Ouch!
11-09-2004, 05:57 PM
I've always heard that they're not the same. Even if they were, that further into the future stuff would be junk.

In FF Tactics, if you remember Goug the Machine City, they were uncovering ancient machines, like the time Machine and airships and whatnot. If it's like that, FFXII would be happening before FFT. Aside from that, in FFTA the world was created by a magical book. It was something somebody made up.

Aside from that, Ivalice in FFT and Ivalice FFTA and apparently FFXII are geographically different. Sure, a place can change over the years, but it's absolutely rediculous that they could change that much.

Ryth
11-09-2004, 09:35 PM
It wouldn't be too surprising it is in Ivalice same as FFT and FFTA.