PDA

View Full Version : Lowest level to beat the game?

Bahamut619
10-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Have any of you ever try to beat this game with REALLY low levels? My best try so far has been 3 level 32, and 1 level 31.

If you havn't tried, then you should, it's a really good challenge.

I also tried a time attack (in different try, this one is about level 38), to see how fast I can actually beat it, and it's approx. 18 hours (it says 17:32 on the game menu just before the final battle). :cool:

Ultima Shadow
10-05-2004, 07:47 PM
I've only played trough this game once so far but I'll play it again someday in a "challange way". Hmmm... would this game also be possible without any side leveling at all...?

I'll check this out someday...

Chris
10-05-2004, 07:49 PM
My personal record beating the game is approximately 15 hours.
Neo Ex-Death only takes about 5 minutes to beat, he's a push-over.
All this and only on level 30.

Captain Maxx Power
10-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I do believe some people have managed extremely low levels, like not even into the double digits. There's probably more than a few articles on the subject at gamefaqs.com. The trick is that the boss battles are A: more reliant on tactics than levels and B: most boss attacks use a % of your max HP rather than a static value. Hence even with low amount of HP its possible to defeat a boss.

Saint_007
12-06-2004, 02:54 PM
I heard on Gamfaqs.com that someone in Japan finished it at lvl 9...

Level 9... ****!

Not Dave
12-08-2004, 09:55 PM
Level 9 was the record until about one year ago, when I beat it with Butz Lenna and Cara at level 2 and Faris at level 3.

I completed this challenge before the FAQ was posted by another user on GameFAQs.com. There are many excellent tactics that can be used against enemies, and the fact that bosses don't give experience opened up the doors for this challenge.

If anyone would like any specific strategies I used, I'd be glad to post them for you.

- Not Dave.

Doors
12-18-2004, 09:42 PM
I finished it on level 7.It isnt immensely boring and it isnt required to have lots of luck,save states and 1 year.