PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on 3 RPGs

Mr_Bojangless
10-05-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm considering buying a new game, however I'm stuck on which. I'd like a new RPG game however I can't decide between these 3...

Should I go for Tales of Symphonia.

Succumb to Star Ocean: Untill the End of TIme

Or should I tough it out and wait for Baten Kaitos.

Lets hear your opinions.

Chzn8r
10-05-2004, 09:57 PM
Or should I tough it out and wait for Baten Kaitos.

Yes. Watch any of the trailers for it on www.gametrailers.com ... how can you not want that game?

Vaprice
10-06-2004, 01:48 AM
Though Star COean has me compelled so greatly some of my freinds tell me that it is not good...well it is good, but it lacks in some departments....it looks like fun though.

Ryth
10-06-2004, 01:49 AM
Tales of Symphonia- AWESOME, story is a little generic but is still awesome.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time- Haven't bought it yet I plan to soon though!!

Baten Kaitos- It is a card-battle-action title certaintly worth waiting for!

I would wait for reviews for Baten Kaitos before ultimatly deciding to get it and Tales got better review scores than Star Ocean but all of them are probaly worth picking up just for the time being is Tales of Symphonia.

Lindy
10-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Depends on which you prefer, I've heard that Tales of Symphonia has a better battle system, but lesser story, and Star Ocean has great story, and a great battle system I might add, but ToS' is better.

I mean, they are pretty similar games, always have been since the first Star Ocean and first Tales game, the teams always competing to outdo each other, made for some great games.

Personally, I'd say Symphonia, then Star Ocean.

The only reason I got Star Ocean first is because Symphonia isn't out here in the UK until November =(

Shadow8017
10-10-2004, 04:48 AM
Tales of Symphonia - while there's no doubt I've played through worse RPGs I think my age is beginning to catch up with me as I did not have the patience to trudge through this one. I just couldn't get into it , everything from the music to the story was just so blah it never really came close to captivating me like a good RPG should. It is just my personal experience, but I'm pretty sure there's a good consenus out there this game is on the mediocre side.