PDA

View Full Version : Strange things happen, when you're going round the twist!

Doc Sark
10-05-2004, 11:38 PM
I'm playing through Chrono Trigger for the first time. Cue laughter....haha where have you been etc, I am rather enjoying the game, but there are some rather odd occurences in the game.

For example:

I have done battle with a Shitake and a Bugger. WTF?

No one in 65 000 000 BC seems at all bothered with the concept of time travel.

So I'm walking through the Mystic Village of Medina, interrupting their chants and what-not, they don't give a monkeys!

Of course as I progress further through the game, I undoubtedly will discover more. So what about others, what amusing anecdotes have you acquired from this fine RPG?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-06-2004, 01:02 AM
Shitake is the name of a kind of mushroom, pronounced "shi-tah-kay." Has nothing to do with that particular vulgarity. Also, there is a lot more innocence in the United States when it comes to the word "bugger" as compared to, say, Great Britain. "You little bugger" can mean "You little pest" without sodomy coming to anyone's mind.

Doomgaze
10-06-2004, 05:40 AM
That said, Bugger is probablly just setting up the appearance of... DeBugger.

Feel free to groan.

As I recall, a later mushroom enemy is called Hetake.

Yes, groan again.

DJZen
10-07-2004, 05:22 PM
I have done battle with a Shitake and a Bugger. WTF?

No one in 65 000 000 BC seems at all bothered with the concept of time travel.

So I'm walking through the Mystic Village of Medina, interrupting their chants and what-not, they don't give a monkeys!

1) yes, I thought that odd at first too, but as Ryukishi already pointed out, these words don't mean what you think.

2) they just don't understand what you're talking about when you bring it up.

3) Nope, they don't, it must be because of Crono's inability to speak. Perhaps he's just not that bothersome.

I personally thought it odd that you can see Magus's willy in his statue and that it was left in the American release. The super secret ending is also completely bizarre. In a good way.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-07-2004, 05:38 PM
I personally thought it odd that you can see Magus's willy in his statue and that it was left in the American release.Magus's statue is fully clothed, sir.

DJZen
10-07-2004, 06:12 PM
It does not appear that way to me, sir.

Doc Sark
10-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Shitake is the name of a kind of mushroom, pronounced "shi-tah-kay." Has nothing to do with that particular vulgarity. Also, there is a lot more innocence in the United States when it comes to the word "bugger" as compared to, say, Great Britain. "You little bugger" can mean "You little pest" without sodomy coming to anyone's mind.

I did not know that about the mushrooms. However I am well aware of the connotations of the word bugger. I just found it a rather odd name for an enemy, being British myself of course.

Wow, you lot really the took the potential humour out of this thread. I was rather hoping you might have found your own humourous occurences in the game....obviously not.

Doomgaze
10-09-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm rather sure that's just his gigantic leather codpiece.

Takara
10-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm rather sure that's just his gigantic leather codpiece.

My thoughts, exactly.