PDA

View Full Version : What does the Final Fantasy series make you think of?

Flying Mullet
10-06-2004, 03:35 PM
As we all know, times in our lives are tied to what we were doing at that time and the senses with it, etc... What do the different games in the Final Fantasy series make you think of? I was getting nostalgic about all of the different times I've had while enjoying the Final Fantasy series and was wondering what emotions and memories the different games in the series invoke in other people.
Final Fantasy I makes me think of rainy days when I was young and couldn't play outside and it was the best way in the world to pass the time until the rain was done.
Final Fantasy IV makes me think of warm, crisp late fall/winter/early spring holidays, like Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter when I would play for an hour or two, then go outside and play for a bit, then come back in and play for a few more hours, with a delicious meal tucked somehwere in the middle.
Final Fantasy VI makes me remember those cold winter days when I was tucked under a blanket in my room and the wood stove was burning putting a nice fresh cut wood smell in the air (hard to explain the smell unless you've had a wood stove) as I was trying to learn anough magic to beat the harder parts of the game, including the Fanatics Tower and Kefka's Tower.
Final Fantasy VII reminds me of my "loaf" weekends in college when my roommates would all be gone for the weekend and I had a hard week of classes so I would kick back and play it all weekend non-stop and zone out the rest of the world for a bit.
Final Fantasy IX is my sick game. I first played it when I was sick four four days straight with a nasty sinus infection and ever I've aways loved playing it when I'm sick. It's comforting somehow.

Jolts
10-06-2004, 04:53 PM
I have no memory recall with any of them, other than of playing the game :(.

Chris
10-06-2004, 05:43 PM
The Warmthest Cord of Care

• Final Fantasy II (origins) Brings back the memory of winter and joy. The many countless of hours I’ve spent trying to complete it. Winter and the early moments of dawn…Final Fantasy II.

• Final Fantasy VII Brings back joyous moments of happiness. I remember nights when I felt tears banging up against my eyes, in the wee small hours of the morning, tears came…she was gone.

• Final Fantasy IX Through the warmthest cord of care, my memories of trees were founded. The night was mighty dark but Final Fantasy IX always managed to keep me warm.

• Final Fantasy V The warriors of dawn, memories of a distant feeling, constantly threatening the peace. Many of hours were spent trying to complete the jobs…and then finally I got a promotion.

Zifnab
10-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Final Fantasy I
I remember that feeling of finally beating it. It was so brilliant I was overwhelmed, it felt like a land mark in the series.

Final Fantasy II
A fight I once had over a sig I had of the FMV evil Emperor.

Final Fantasy IV
The day I bought it. I was at a car boot sale and I saw a copied version of FF Anthology for sale. I'd heard about it being released in the states, but I never thought I'd see it in England. That afternoon I had a barbecue with the family which I remember quite well.

Final Fantasy V
My first time in a chat room, where I went under the alias Exdeath. And acted like him, too. Whoops.

Final Fantasy VI
Back when I only recently started playing copied games. I had a TV with no scart connection, so I was forced to plat it in black and white. I also had RPG Maker for the Playstation then, and made some characters using it. When I finally got colour, I found out that the colours of the characters were no where near what I wanted them to be.

Final Fantasy VII
The beginning of the end, where I really became a hermit and spent all day playing this game, only stopping for toilet breaks and food, which seemed like a real inconvenience. It also reminds me of Metal Gear Solid because I bought it on the same day. That must've been a great day.

Final Fantasy VIII
Reading an article in a magazine and thinking Squall's picture was the new way Cloud would look. I felt disapointed when I found out it wasn't a direct sequel, but still found it to be a great game.

Final Fantasy IX
Not many behind this. I recall seeing VIVI (as it was spelt then) on a website during the early productions.

Final Fantasy X
Taking the afternoon off college to get it on the release date.

My sick game is Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Played it on my 9th Christmas when I had chicken pox. :(

Chris
10-06-2004, 11:15 PM
I think you misunderstood what Flying Mullet meant!
About FFIX being his sick game...am I right?

P.S: The FF games I mentioned are not the only FF games I own.
They're just the ones who made the biggest impression on me.

DJZen
10-07-2004, 12:04 AM
FFVI and MQ remind me of that time period in gaming where RPGs were still fringe genres that only the most hardcore of hardcore played, and yet somehow they were usually quite cartoony, almost the exact opposite of what we think of today as hardcore games. Back when people didn't really get RPGs. Actually, come to think of it, I still think people don't really get RPGs, but they like the pretty CGs and cliche epic stories.

asukaevaunit02
10-07-2004, 05:03 AM
fiinal fantasy 9 made me really think about it when i beat it again last night about how important and short life is and that you should not waste it. and you are never alone aslong as you keep a memory of that special person and hope that they will come back and with that hope and belief they will come back and if you really love some one you will always think about them nio matter what happens to or what you are.
it has a very meaninful out look of life, love, hope and memories.

Matt

Flashback007
10-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Let me think:

Final Fantasy I (origins): Never let me think about anything expect that it is cool and I own a NES (cause I look one websites sometimes and it always has the NES walktrough etc)

Final Fantasy II: The game that was left behind for me, I never came father then the airship, I should pick it up really

Final Fantasy IV: The cyclcing game, when I bought it I called all my charachters after cyclers, like Lance, Jan, Erik etc.

Final Fantasy V: The hungry game, when I bought it, I was playing it, and then me went out for diner. Since then everytime when I played we go out for diner (luckly for my parents I don't play it often :p)\

Final Fantasy VI: I bought this game right after 9-11, and when I was playing the beginning of the game a plane flew very low and right above our house. Plus it kept circling. I was really really scared

Final Fantasy VII: The game it began with and ended with. When I first saw a Final Fantasy game it was VII. I looked really cool, so I bought a PS and searched for it. Meanwhile I collected every FF-game for the PS. But I never found VII. Then on my sisters birthday, my parents and my sister went to Rotterdam (Holland) and they specially search for me the entire day for VII. When they got home I was filled with joy. :hyper: .

Final Fanatasy VIII: This is the only FF-game a friend of my owns, so everytime I play it, I think about how far is he, how did he do this, how did he do that. It actually is also my only friend who owns a FF-game

Final Fantasy IX: This is the first FF-game that I ever finished. I was very proud of it and still am, altough I erased the file :shame:

Final Fantasy X: My first PS2 game, I am just at Evrea, so I don't go much to the FFX-forum here, because I am afraid I will read to many spoilers.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance: The game that I played all day after that my parents were 25-years married.

And that is it.

Xander
10-07-2004, 03:14 PM
FFVII reminds me of someone who used to be a close friend who introduced me to the series and let me borrow the game.

FFIX reminds me of when I was with my ex-bf and he didn't like me playing it, so it reminds me of..well..those days =P Chocobo Hot and Cold reminds me of Pot Noodles because I used to eat them while playing it before I went to work xD

FFX reminds me of my ex-bf too cos I bought it for him and he sucked at it. Hahahahaha. It's hard to suck at FFX. So hahahahaaha.

Anyway..that's it really. They don't remind me of much else =P FFX-2 kinda reminds me of when me and Lindsey met for the first time cos we went and bought it together. Yay.

DJZen
10-12-2004, 09:51 PM
I just came up with something else after Xanders comment about pot noodles. FFVII and beyond remind me of the merchandise that came out after that time. It really took off. I'm still hoping that one day I'll get my hands on FF candy toys from Japan....