PDA

View Full Version : Yevon similarities

Cloudane
10-06-2004, 10:52 PM
I remember a while ago (last year?) someone mentioned that when you're in 'Dream World' and Kiros wins a battle, you see him do the Yevon prayer. I've just been playing FF8 again and indeed it's true :)

Anyway, I got to Fisherman's Horizon and followed the Master Fisherman's little sidequest which I've never done before. Eventually you go talk to him in the inn and he calls up a hologram (what looks like one of FFX/X-2's spheres) of Dobe, the mayor of FH, from his younger days in Esthar.

He's wearing a Yevon priest's robe :D

At least, it looks very similar, to me.

Just thought that added some extra amusement to the interesting coincidences.

TasteyPies
10-06-2004, 11:30 PM
The spheres werent holograms they were lil televisions

Kiros keeps his hands flat, puts them togther and rests blades on this arms. Blitz players cup hands and keep them farther apart, as if holding a ball.

Totaly different.

Big D
10-07-2004, 12:39 AM
The spheres werent holograms they were lil televisionsSpheres are magical orbs comprised of Spirit Energy, just like Materia from FFVII. They can record anything from sound and images to memories and magical abilities.

Kiros keeps his hands flat, puts them togther and rests blades on this arms. Blitz players cup hands and keep them farther apart, as if holding a ball.

Totaly different.The gesture's similar enough. Kiros can't cup his hands because he keeps a grip on his weapons.He's wearing a Yevon priest's robe Most Esthar residents wear floor-length robes. Clerical robes are bascially the same all over the world, so the Yevon garments aren't really unique - it's just coincidence that Esthar fashion is similar, I think.

In FFX-2, has anyone noticed that Gun Mage Yuna performs Laguna's victory dance?

Cloudane
10-07-2004, 01:26 AM
Hmm I never noticed the Yuna gun mage thing, either.

I suppose there are only so many designs and animations you can come up with... eventually they're bound do reproduce the same thing. Even still, it's a lot more exciting spotting things in previous games that match future ones than the other way round (as in Cloud in Esthar and whatnot) as it's not deliberately planted there :eek:

Blue Typhoon
10-08-2004, 03:27 AM
It can't be, Final Fantasy 8 was made YEARS before Yevon came around...similar, yes. However, they can't be the same...