PDA

View Full Version : Sequal

Palindrome
10-07-2004, 01:45 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that FFVI is just as if not more deserving of a sequal than FFVII. Not that I'm am complaining. I love both games but I think that if FFVI had the technoligy FFVII had, it would have been just as big.

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2004, 01:52 AM
VI is my favorite game, but I dont think it warrant a sequel. Everything it was about is done... and magic is gone. So, what then? Doesnt seem like it needs a sequel. If there was a good premise I'd be all for it, but I just cant think of one.

A prequel about the War of the Magi would be very interesting, though.

Outsider
10-07-2004, 04:03 AM
I think the same way as TheAbominatrix. After the ending of the game, there's no room for a sequel. The Empire, Kefka, Espers, Magic... they're all gone.

If they would make a sequel to FF6, it would be something like Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger, a sequel that has not much to do with the first game.

Now a prequel would be cool. I don't really want it, but if they release something like that, I'd be the first one to buy it.

Necronopticous
10-07-2004, 04:44 AM
I trust Square to make good decisions, they haven't really upset me with their decisions except for their cease and desist to opcoder. I fully understand that it sort of needed to be done I guess, but it still upsets me. Anyway, VI was a great game, and if they ever did decide to make a prequel, remake, or sequel I'm sure it would be awesome. Although it's funny to see this thread because it just makes me think about Final Fantasy VII threads when FFX-2 was announced a long time ago, people were raving about how awesome a Final Fantasy VII sequel would be, and now everyone is badmouthing Square for doing it. I swear if Square was a single living organism it would be so confused right now it's head would explode. It's like telling your dog, ROLL OVER BOY! And it rolls over, so you yell at it and spray it with the hose, then you tell it ROLL OVER and it doesn't and you yell at it and spray it with the hose.

If I were Square I would announce a sequel to Final Fantasy VI and then wait a year or so, and mass produce the package, send it to stores, and when you flip it in your PS2, the only thing on it is a pixelated picture of a middle finger flipping off the player with an annoying buzz in the background. No more, no less. This would be a suitable sequelin spite of what a lot of their "fans" have put them through in the last year.

edit:: Get your copy of Final Fantasy VI-2 now! (See attachment for details)

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2004, 05:33 AM
lmao. That's hilarious. And I totally agree with you.

Excepting of course that I dont want Square to flip me off xD

Necronopticous
10-07-2004, 05:40 AM
We get the director's cut!

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Woo hoo!

Trumpet Thief
10-07-2004, 06:32 AM
chaos: FFVI and FFIV were my favorites, and as stated before, I find no need for a sequel. It felt like everything was wrapped up perfectly, and I wouldn't want another game tampering with a classic.

Rubedo: A prequel would be okay, as long as more of the character's pasts are included in it. And nice attachment you got there, Necro.

nik0tine
10-07-2004, 07:56 AM
A sequal to FFVI would be a disaster, just as FFX-2 was. A prequel however, might be cool. If it actually took place during the war of the magi then I would be all for something like that.

Flying Mullet
10-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I agree and love the prequel idea. I've never been a big fan of sequels because they tell you what happened rather than letting you use your imagination. Today's children have a bad habit of wanting everything spoon-fed to them and for some reason think that they ccan't use their imagination to fill in the blanks or the "after-the-fact" of the story.