PDA

View Full Version : Americans don't know how to eat their cereal.

Yamaneko
10-07-2004, 05:43 AM
Why do they put so little milk on it? Obviously the way to eat cereal is with milk running off the sides of the bowl. Not only do you get the needed calcium, but you also get a more delicious cereal. Wheaties are dry, you can't <i>not</i> put a lot of milk on it without the risk of making you thirsty. Marshmallows taste better surrounded in milk. Chocolate-based cereals beg for lots of milk. Anyway, start eating your cereal the right way.

DMKA
10-07-2004, 05:47 AM
Why do they put so little milk on it? Obviously the way to eat cereal is with milk running off the sides of the bowl. Not only do you get the needed calcium, but you also get a more delicious cereal. Wheaties are dry, you can't <i>not</i> put a lot of milk on it without the risk of making you thirsty. Marshmallows taste better surrounded in milk. Chocolate-based cereals beg for lots of milk. Anyway, start eating your cereal the right way.
I AGREE!

I EAT MY CEREAL LIKE THE RUSSIAN MOUNTIAN KITTYS! :D :love: :)

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2004, 05:52 AM
I pour on the milk and let it make my cereal soggy before I eat. But I dont drink the milk afterwards, I have a seperate glass for that xD

Erdrick Holmes
10-07-2004, 05:52 AM
I eat my cereal with eight pounds of sugar per bite.

Shlup
10-07-2004, 05:53 AM
I don't like milk very much, and I especially don't like it when flavored by cereal, so I probably put less than the people you're complaining about. I don't eat cereal very often though.

Del Murder
10-07-2004, 05:53 AM
I fill it up on the first bowl, but then pour in more cereal to finish the milk off.

And now, for no reason at all:

Calliope
10-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Dammit, I thought that was my idea but then it was your idea and it's the EARLY EDITION DEBARCLE ALL OVER AGAIN.

Yamaneko
10-07-2004, 06:03 AM
I pour on the milk and let it make my cereal soggy before I eat. But I dont drink the milk afterwards, I have a seperate glass for that xD
:mad2:

I don't like milk very much, and I especially don't like it when flavored by cereal, so I probably put less than the people you're complaining about. I don't eat cereal very often though.
:mad2:

I fill it up on the first bowl, but then pour in more cereal to finish the milk off.
I do that too.

Nicky: What? I mean, yes.

kikimm
10-07-2004, 06:03 AM
I don't like cereal. I had too much of it when I as a little kid, and am experiencing cereal backlash now. But on the rare occasion that I do eat it, I only put just a little more milk than required. I hate soggy cereal---it makes me want to gag, especially if it's filled with sugar.

:D

Erdrick Holmes
10-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Del, you're really Emmit Smith? Wow, a sports star on EoFF.

Doomgaze
10-07-2004, 06:10 AM
Yeah, I hate soggy cereal. I only use as much milk as I have to.

m4tt
10-07-2004, 06:11 AM
I do what Del does. Sometimes I add more milk if I feel like having more than 2 bowls though.

Yamaneko
10-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Yeah, I hate soggy cereal. I only use as much milk as I have to.
If you eat it fast enough that won't happen. If it takes you longer than five minutes to eat a bowl of cereal then you're doing something wrong.

Meat Puppet
10-07-2004, 06:20 AM
I eat toast. Could be why my bones are soft.

Shlup
10-07-2004, 06:24 AM
And when she has milk and cookies she has a dipping glass and a drinking glass! It's so freaking weird.

Jebus
10-07-2004, 06:27 AM
I don't like cereal. I had too much of it when I as a little kid, and am experiencing cereal backlash now. But on the rare occasion that I do eat it, I only put just a little more milk than required. I hate soggy cereal---it makes me want to gag, especially if it's filled with sugar.

:D

Yeppers.

Agent Proto
10-07-2004, 06:29 AM

And now, for no reason at all:

Holy Crap! Super Delete's real identity is revealed!! He's Emmitt Smith!!!!
:eek: :eek:

As for me, I like plenty of milk, and I usually pour more cereal to finish the milk, and when I run out or had enough, I drink the remaining milk, if it's all chocolaty. :mog:

Calliope
10-07-2004, 06:30 AM
Wait.

I just reread that first post again, and...NO. NO SUGAR COATED CHOCOLATELY CEREAL. UGH. MAKE IT STOP!

Rainecloud
10-07-2004, 07:18 AM
You Americans eat some strange cereals.

What's wrong with Corn Flakes?

Shlup
10-07-2004, 07:23 AM
You Americans eat some strange cereals.

What's wrong with Corn Flakes?
I like Corn Flakes, but they get so soggy all fast.

TheAbominatrix
10-07-2004, 07:24 AM
And when she has milk and cookies she has a dipping glass and a drinking glass! It's so freaking weird.

Tis ture, tis true.

It's mainly because I cant stand drinking flavored milk. Even normal chocolate milk just... yuck. I cant drink it.

crono_logical
10-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Well, it's better that they don't use much milk than do what some people do and throw away the excess milk instead of finishing that off :p

Misfit
10-07-2004, 12:08 PM
I like my cereal with milk... spoons (or fingers)... and liek, milk. You know? Whoo!

Peegee
10-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Putting too much milk is bad..cereal gets soggy.

I like mini wheats

escobert
10-07-2004, 03:16 PM
I AGREE!

I EAT MY CEREAL LIKE THE RUSSIAN MOUNTIAN KITTYS! :D :love: :)

Super Christ
10-07-2004, 04:32 PM
Meh. I prefer completely dry cereal. Go me.

DMKA
10-07-2004, 05:00 PM
My 3 yr old foster sister would do that. I never got the point. xD

Psychotic
10-07-2004, 08:32 PM
See, this is why I love Yams. OK...before now I didn't love Yams. But now I am a convert. Because he's right. :love:

ZeZipster
10-07-2004, 08:44 PM
I sleep through breakfast time and brunch time even.

DMKA
10-07-2004, 09:04 PM

zacks_clone
10-07-2004, 09:06 PM

:: is american and eats cerial that way...as do all other americans I know....X.x :: ^_^ But I dont eat cerial for breakfast.When I have it is like...midnight or 6 am and I have yet to go to bed for a day or two...:: whistles :: whoops...

Fuzakeru
10-07-2004, 09:38 PM
I eat my cereal with a spoon . . . between my toes.

Optium
10-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Milk is bad for you.

.opt

Fuzakeru
10-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Wasn't there a thread about what milk was made of and someone said that there was puss in milk? Gross. -drinks a tall glass-

Doomgaze
10-07-2004, 10:50 PM
People who say milk (at least low fat milk) is bad for you don't actually give a damn about you, you know. They're just crying about the cows.

TasteyPies
10-07-2004, 10:51 PM
I always put alot of milk on my cereal, everyone looks at me funny.

Loony BoB
10-07-2004, 10:59 PM
I don't understand. Too little? Too much? What's up with that? I never knew anyone put anything but the required amount. Do people not have the same required amount as I do? I can't even imagine having cereal with a different amount. It would be noticably abnormal. And yes, you should fill your (normal-sized) bowl up so that it reaches about 1cm from the rim at a minimum. The exact amount depends on the rim.

This is all so very confusing. I just don't understand the concept of not putting in enough milk.

As for soggy food, eat your breakfast faster, idiot.

eestlinc
10-07-2004, 11:31 PM
cereal is bad for you. well, processed american cereal is bad for you. maybe if you are eating plain shredded wheat it is good. but your body processes the refined grains and sugars in cereal as if it is all sugar. You rbody gets a quick surge of energy, all the sugar goes to waste, and then you feel hungry again. the myth of cereal being the essential part of breakfast is perpetuated by the food industry.

Super Christ
10-07-2004, 11:53 PM
Now, Pizza and Mountain Dew, there's the breakfast of champions!

Optium
10-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Thank you Doom for calling me a shallow, heartless vegan when I am none
of the above. Now notice how I'm speaking to you in the 2nd person
rather than in the 3rd because speaking about a person who is present
in the 3rd person is a form of insult.

Actually milk is bad for you because the cows have been given so many
unnatural hormones and chemicals that rather than building strong bones
and preventing osteoporosis, the calcium in milk is actually nullified by the
chemicals and many studies have showed that milk causes osteoporosis
more often than preventing it. Natural milk is alright, although if you think
about it naturally we're not even supposed to drink it after a few years of
age, but most milk sold today is not natural and most of it is very bad for
you.

.opt

eestlinc
10-08-2004, 12:59 AM
organic milk is pretty good.

Doomgaze
10-08-2004, 01:32 AM
I never called you heartless!

Now, if you could possibly stop regurgitating your peta statistics, that would be great.

EDIT: <a href = "http://www.straightdope.com/columns/030321.html">Cecil on the anti-milk propaganda sites</a>

Del Murder
10-08-2004, 01:52 AM
Well I'm not dead or even sick so I'll keep eating it.

Holy Crap! Super Delete's real identity is revealed!! He's Emmitt Smith!!!!
:eek: :eek:
Crap...

Doomgaze
10-08-2004, 02:26 AM
Oh, as to the unhealthiness of cereal, I seem to remember reading that General Mills was going to start using whole grains in all their cereals. It's a start.

Lindy
10-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Milk is bad in large quantities.

The protein in it actually leeches calcium from your bones, but that'd take a lot of milk.

Also, apparently, cereal has the reverse effect expected and is more likely to make you feel sleepy than wake you up and should be eaten before going to bed.

That said, Cheerios taste better without milk.

Dixie
10-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Why do they put so little milk on it? Obviously the way to eat cereal is with milk running off the sides of the bowl.I'm an American and I eat my cereal with so much milk that I have to get 15 paper towels to clean up all of the milk that spilled on the table! :D

Yamaneko
10-08-2004, 03:03 AM
You are allowed to eat cereal at all times during the 24 hour day. I even encourage it.

This is all so very confusing. I just don't understand the concept of not putting in enough milk.
It's quite simple. The cereal is still dry before entering your mouth.

the myth of cereal being the essential part of breakfast is perpetuated by the food industry.
I bet you also tell kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist.

I say, if you don't like milk and some sort of cereal, you're some kind of evil person. You probably drink prune juice in the morning, and instead of a blueberry muffin, you have a bran one. You people make me sick.

eestlinc
10-08-2004, 03:11 AM
i love cereal, but I love cheesecake too. And last time I checked, Santa Claus doesn't exist. What's worse, ruining the myth of Santa Claus or lying to children?

Lon611
10-08-2004, 04:09 AM

...i do the same thing!!!although i drink my milk... :rolleyes2
ESPECIALLY if it makes my milk either chocolate or sweet :cool:

Calliope
10-08-2004, 04:13 AM
towns, you stole my line xD

I was going to have cereal today until I remembered that I'd already had all of the good kind of soy milk, and that the rest needed to be poured down the sink as quickly as possible.

Halan
10-08-2004, 04:33 AM
I don't even eat cereal with ANY milk most of the time. Its much more convienent to munch on dry cereal. And drinking the left-over milk? Bleh, that's gross, it always has a nasty film covering it.

Lon611
10-08-2004, 05:43 AM
I don't even eat cereal with ANY milk most of the time. Its much more convienent to munch on dry cereal. And drinking the left-over milk? Bleh, that's gross, it always has a nasty film covering it.

er...i don't kno what type of milk ur drinking, lol.maybe you wait to long to drink it?!maybe like a day?lol :D

Halan
10-08-2004, 06:27 AM
No, I drink normal fat free milk. But when you eat a cereal with sugar in it, the sugar mixes with the milk, thus creating a sugar film on top of the milk, and I just do not like the taste or texture of that.

Loony BoB
10-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Cereal without milk should have some name that isn't cereal. Much like bread which hasn't been toasted is just called bread, yet toasted bread is called toast. Two different things.