PDA

View Full Version : Cheap MP3 player recommendations

Erdrick Holmes
10-07-2004, 06:32 AM
I'm trying to find a good MP3 player with a good price on it. I only need to store about 140 songs on it. Anybody got any they can recommend me to?

Peegee
10-07-2004, 06:25 PM
~140 mp3's @ 5meg each = ~700 megs = 1 cd

So what you should get is a mp3 cd player. The cheapest ones I've seen were 80 CDN which translates to a hefty 50-60$ for you, which isn't much, right?

Shoeberto
10-07-2004, 09:11 PM
Hmmmmm. It really depends on what exactly you're looking for. Do you want a portable MP3 player, and then use one of those headphone-tape things? Or do you want an actual player for your car that can store MP3s? Or do you want a CD player than can read MP3s off of CDs?

If you want a portable, just try out Amazon. I got one with 64MB of onboard storage, expandable up to 600+MB through MMC expansion cards (which are relatively inexpensive.) It was around $60, with good shipping price (been a while, so I don't remember everything exactly.)

EDIT: Oh yeah, another option is that if you know about electronics (like, rigging a PC sound card to go into your car's audio lines), and have an old PC, you could always try a multimedia-based Linux distro, like CAJUN (http://cajun.sourceforge.net/)