- Beat Final Fantasy II
- Beat Final Fantasy IV
- Beat Final Fantasy V
- Beat Final Fantasy VI
- Beat all the Weapons in Final Fantasy VII
- Beat Bahamut and all the Weapons in Final Fantasy VIII
- Beat Final Fantasy X

*puts down pencil*

Ok, you have been warned enough.Help, am I a that bad player in RPG's that I cannot seem to beat all my games etc.

In Final Fantasy II I am stuck cause my HP isn't high enough, because of that stupid leveling up system. Can somebody please tell what is a normal HP and MP to go to the big airship?

In Final Fantasy IV I am stuck on the moon and when I travell to earth that big robot comes out. The moon creatures slaughter me and on the robot I am completly killed. Which level need I to be on to go to that robot?

In Final Fantasy V I am stuck in the second world to defeat X-Death. I cannot seem to beat him. Stupid X-Death. Again what level need I to be on to beat him?

Final Fantasy VI, I am just stuck at the end, so that will work out for me

The weapons in Final Fantasy VII, ah, I just need to level up my materia and then I hope it will work.

In Final Fantasy VIII I am hating that stupid Bahamut, he always kills me, lucky I have some advise of you guys, but I am afraid it's not going to work. He goes killing me again

In Final Fantasy X I am stuck when the airship reaches Bevelle. I can beat that Wyrm with no problems, but as soon as I get in Bevelle itself I am killed always by those troops, they damage my to much and especially that robot with his kicking. So I need advice, what is the best HP and abiliaties I can have to get futher?

I know these are a lot of questions, but because I got everything together now, it's easier to print it out and go sit with it behind my PS and PS2.

Chris
10-07-2004, 01:14 PM
In Final Fantasy II I am stuck cause my HP isn't high enough, because of that stupid leveling up system. Can somebody please tell what is a normal HP and MP to go to the big airship?
Just keep hitting yourself 'till you reach a satisfying HP range.
By the way, you really should finish this games...the end is amazing.

In Final Fantasy IV I am stuck on the moon and when I travell to earth that big robot comes out. The moon creatures slaughter me and on the robot I am completly killed. Which level need I to be on to go to that robot?
Dunno about this, FFIV is the only of the FF games I own I have yet to finish...frankly...it's too boring...

In Final Fantasy V I am stuck in the second world to defeat X-Death. I cannot seem to beat him. Stupid X-Death. Again what level need I to be on to beat him?
Levels are inadequate, abilities are the secret to victory in FFV.
(p.s: JUST USE GIL TOSS) Finish this game...the end is amazing.

Rusty
10-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Final Fantasy VIII

Bahamut is quite easy, with around 50 000 HP, it would probably be easier with Lionheart, you could wipe him out like that with it. But I beat him first time without Lionheart, just had one person as the healer, then used my most powerful GF's on him.

Rase
10-08-2004, 12:27 AM
FFIV: Around 50-60 is good enough.

DJZen
10-09-2004, 12:17 AM

It's all about setup. You have to be VERY consistent with how you level up your characters in this game or you'll easily get stuck. This game is very different from other games in that some like FFVI, FFVII and FFVIII encourage you to make your characters ridiculously powerful in every attribute, while others give each character a set of attributes that you're stuck with (at least for a while). FFII is the only FF game where you have total freedom over how you WANT to develop your character that doesn't actually allow you to go crazy with it. You have to work at making your characters good in the way you want them to be good. For example, if you buy one of your characters a new spear that is stronger than that character's current sword, they can actually do LESS damage if they're not as good with spears as they are with swords. Everything in the game works like this.

You can have more than enough HP, but if your characters aren't set up well, you'll get your head handed to you quickly. It's not enough to get good armor and attack yourself a lot. When going through a large area with a lot of enemies, you have to think through every battle. How strong is this enemy? How many turns will it take for me to beat this enemy? About how much HP and MP will I lose? How many healing items do I have left? Would it be better to just run away? Does this monster have any attacks I'm weak to? Am I immune to one of this monster's attacks? Just try to plan carefully.

Another problem is crafting characters. Because certain actions can make certain other attributes drop, you need to consider every move. For example, casting magic will make you physically weaker. However, this is only an obstacle, and there are ways around it. If you want to give a character lots of black magic, they won't need to attack much, and you can stick them in the back row to half the damage they will take, since magic isn't affected by your row. This is the biggest part of setting up your party carefully. My first play through I had Maria cast black magic, but I gave her a spear and stuck her in the front row. Naturally, her attacks were pathetic and she died a lot. I attacked her a lot to give her more HP (I think she had something like 1500 before I even attempted the warship), but she kept getting killed all the time. I also made her attack more to boost her strength, but her magic suffered as a result. I ended up with a very watered down character. My second time through, I put her in the back, gave her a bow, and focused on black magic more, and wound up only using Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Poison, Warp and Flare. She was MUCH more effective that way.

There are more strategies, but they're fun to discover for yourself. Try making a character really fast so they always attack first, then see what else you can make them good at that won't hurt their speed, for example. Just don't try to make them good at everything. That's the only way to really ensure that your party will die a lot.

thornwithin
10-19-2004, 05:00 PM
For FFIV, I'd recommend between level 45-50 to enter the Giant of Bab-Il. (It's possible to beat the game at 55-ish for example). The difficulty in this stage of the game is your party is physically weak, so you need to be reliant on your black magic. The level 3 elemental spells, and Virus ("Bio") are all pretty efficient for the MP cost. Remember that you have a free inn at the whale, so you can go fight 3-4 battles on the moon surface, using black magic liberally, and then go rest. I also might recommend going to Bahamut's Cave right now, as the final battle there can be easier when you have 2 people capable of casting Wall. If you have enough money, you can go to Humingway's and buy a bunch of Ethers to use inside the Giant. Once inside the giant, you can skip all the treasure chests and make straight for the save point in the lungs; none of the chests has anything important.

*Spoiler about the bosses inside the robot*

When fighting the Elements, you don't have to worry about their shelled/open states as they stay in the "open" state the whole time. The elemental magic spells are very strong here as well. Valvalis is weak against Lightning magic (doesn't make sense but it's true). The CPU battle is not that tough, just use the same tactics as you have against other 3-part bosses (kill the healer bot but not the attacker bot, then attack the main cpu).

For FF6, it obviously helps if you have at least 12 party members and if you have strong magic-users in all 3 parties. If you want to gain levels quickly, there is a section of forest in the northern part of the map where you fight nothign but dinosaurs, which give you lots of MP's. In the very final battle against Kefka, try not to let your guys be "swooned" when you transition levels, or they get replaced by the next person in line.

For FF7, the Emerald weapon is the easier of the two. It helps to have at least one guy with Final Attack-Phoenix cuz he has an attack that deals 9999 to all members. As for Ruby Weapon, the best advice is to stick all your materia on one guy, and then if he gets "blown away" right away, you hit reset and start over. Again, Final Attack-Phoenix (or Revive) is helpful, along with stuff that converts damage to MP/HP.

DJZen
10-20-2004, 07:57 AM
You'll have an easier time with Emerald if you don't use final attack. There's a really wicked 5 materia, solo character combo that kills him dead. I won't say it right out, but let's just say there's a way to repeatedly do a vicious attack without an MP cost that negates the damage he does. Also, this combo does NOT use the Underwater materia or any items. It's just fast and brutal. Well, actually it's not all that fast...... :D

In fact, EVERY FF game has a wicked combo like that (although some aren't AS wicked. FFI's is both marginally effective and time consuming, but still cranks damage out the wazoo). FFVI is famous for having far too many of them. Morph Terra with the gem box and economizer and she becomes a wrecking ball. Give virtually any character the genji glove and the offering and suddenly they're a bulldozer, plowing through enemies as if they weren't there. Vanish/Doom is also widely exploited (vanish makes a character impossible to hit with weapons, but makes them easier to hit with magic). My favorite hands down is genji glove+offering+berserk. A seven nation army couldn't hold me back :D

Auronhart
10-28-2004, 08:11 AM
Final Fantasy V
If you have mastered 2 or more jobs you can always change all your people into no job setup because they will inherit stats+abilities from the mastered jobs. The only disadvantage is you do not get AP but AP is much easier to get at the end anyways.

Final Fantasy VIII
If you have 100 Triple or Ultima or Meteor or Aura, Bahamut is a joke. Just junction the one you have to Squall's strength, leave his life in the yellow and pound him with renzokuken. It also helps if you have strength +% abilities junctioned to squall. You can also blind Bahamut to make his physical attacks useless. Using this strategy he shouldnt have time to cast mega flare.

Final Fantasy X
First thing is that you should try to equip some armor with fire ward or fireproof if you have them. Also when you have the groups with 2 fire monks and one robot kill one fire monk and then kill the robot because he will only use the kick if you kill both monks. The rest should be clear sailing.