PDA

View Full Version : Going to Nintendo DS

ljkkjlcm9
10-07-2004, 01:56 PM
I was on planetgamecube and found an announcement stating that Final Fantasy III is being released on the Nintendo DS. The link to planetgamecube:
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=5694
there is also a link from there to where they found the information on
a japanese nintendo site.

Or quoted here is what is stated on that website

News Article: Final Fantasy III on DS
News Date: 10/07/2004
Source: Nintendo Inside
Link: http://www.nintendo-inside.jp/news/148/14852.html

Remember that poll Square Enix ran in Japan?

Along with Nintendo's own hefty game announcements, Nintendo's presentation confirmed what was previously speculated: Square Enix is bringing Final Fantasy III to Nintendo DS.

Many of Square's classic RPGs have been remade over the years, but a reworked version of Final Fantasy III has never graced American stores. No Japanese launch timeframe was disclosed, nor were any plans of an international release.

Reported by: Michael "TYP" Cole

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-07-2004, 02:08 PM
A Japanese page would never refer to FFVI as FFIII. Even in America, it's been officially known as FFVI since '99. This news, therefore, refers to the real FFIII, which stands as the only FF game not yet to be remade or rereleased in some way. Seems its time has finally, thankfully, come.

Dark Dragoon
10-07-2004, 02:41 PM
Yeah, Gamespot has something on this too, in the DS launch games news link. It is FFIIIj! No American release has been mentioned but....Square Enix would be INSANE not to bring it across the pond.

Yay! I've been waiting to play this game for a looooong time. :D

EDIT: BTW, here's the Gamespot link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/10/07/news_6109869.html

First post! :p

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Man, I can't wait for screenshots.

Dark Dragoon
10-07-2004, 03:25 PM
I would think that they're gonna do to III what they did to I & II on the GBA. If not more. The DS has much more power than the GBA, so we can expect some good stuff here. Maybe new dungeons and an updated magic system, seeing as it's very similar to the magic system in I, or so I've heard.

Mmmmm. This pretty much seals the deal on me gettin' a DS. I can't wait!!! FFIII is the only one I've yet to play.

DJZen
10-07-2004, 05:28 PM
no FMVs? :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is a GBA game, and it contains scenes with PS2-quality visuals. Something similar may be done for FFIII instead of FMV.

My real concern is the sound quality of the DS, though. One of the best parts of Origins is its orchestral soundtrack.

DJZen
10-07-2004, 05:37 PM
It's an odd title for DS release, though. It's not exactly the sort of game that NEEDS to have two displays simeltaneously. They might tweak that around a bit so that there WOULD be some sort of function, such as having the battle display on one screen while the menus and everything were on the other, or maybe they'd come up with some sort of use for the stylus or something, but I do hope that someday we get the full series on console, regardless of what comes out on handheld (this was their original plan, after all. This was covered in OPSM).

Dark Dragoon
10-07-2004, 06:57 PM
They've got a teaser trailer up on gamespot now. It's just a picture of an FMV Crystal(FF Origins, anyone?), with scrolling Japanese text. I have no clue on how to understand Japanese, however. :/ If anyone could translate that, it would be much appreciated.

XxSephirothxX
10-07-2004, 09:36 PM
Nintendo DS receives Square lovin!
Square Enix has just revealed that Final Fantasy III will indeed be coming to the Nintendo DS.

While hardly anything is known, it is known that the game will feature dual screen and touch screen support that will somehow interact with you on collecting crystals throughout the game.

Information regarding release date and more details to come soon! Nintendo DS Advanced (http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=1144)
Hoorah! :D

Dark Jaguar
10-07-2004, 10:22 PM
I was about to post this, you people are ahead of the game.

It certainly is the real FF3. Now then, I know they have totally reworked 1 and 2 for GBA, but for the DS release, here's the thing. I REALLY hope they have an original gameplay mode (if not the original game outright) on that cart on top of whatever changes they want to make. I say this because at least with Dawn of Souls, I can still play the PS1 Origins collection if I want a nearly unaltered version of FF2. I would also like a nearly identical in terms of gameplay version of FF3 to play since we just don't have that.

abrojtm
10-07-2004, 11:33 PM
Touch screen menus on the bottom with everything else on the top is easily imaginable.

Dark Jaguar
10-07-2004, 11:39 PM
Oh yes, that's something I hadn't thought of, and now I feel stupid for not thinking of it. Welll.. actually I didnt' think about how the touch screen would be used at all, I hadn't even humored the idea that it would be used :D.

But yes, a touch screen menu so you can just press the commands and such would be nice. Here's an alternative. The whole game could be touch screen based. You could basically click where you wanted to walk, click on an enemy to target it, click on an item to select it, that sort of thing. You know, PC style interaction.

Necronopticous
10-08-2004, 06:57 AM
TEH PWNZ!!!!!!

Flashback007
10-08-2004, 08:11 AM
I want it to come out on the GBA or Playstation one or PS2. Not the Nintendo DS. I don't know what that even is. But short to say, is that Square let's the loyal PS-players just alone, by bringing on a completly other console. I don't about what they think, but can't they just bring it on more console at the same time?

DJZen
10-08-2004, 11:46 PM
The Nintendo Dual Screen (or DS for short) is the upcoming handheld system from Nintendo. It features two screens and a stylus (much like a PDA has). It has impressive specs, and one of the slated games is a 4 player version of Mario 64.

This whole crystal collecting thing has me wary. I don't care if they make changes, just so long as those changes are reflected. If they call it FFIII DS or FFIII Dawn of Somethingoranother that's cool, but I really hope they don't try to pawn it off as the original original.

Mmmmmmm..... FFIII, Dawn of Somethingoranother.....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-09-2004, 12:53 AM
The DS also has a built-in microphone and technology for wireless communication between units.

Blue Typhoon
10-09-2004, 03:07 AM
I've never heard about this before, but if it is true, its going to be awesome! I wonder what the touch screen could be used for...

Del Murder
10-09-2004, 05:14 AM
Man, now I'll have to buy a DS. Stupid Nintendo.

DJZen
10-09-2004, 07:53 PM
You don't have to buy anything. It's not like Nintendo or Square pointed a gun at your head or something. Anyway, you can take SOME solace in the fact that there will be other good games for it.

Del Murder
10-09-2004, 08:23 PM
You don't have to buy anything. It's not like Nintendo or Square pointed a gun at your head or something. Anyway, you can take SOME solace in the fact that there will be other good games for it.
I guess you're right, unless 'or something' includes kidnapping one's dog, which they have done in the past, resulting in the purchase of my Vitrual Boy.

ljkkjlcm9
10-10-2004, 10:06 PM
I want it to come out on the GBA or Playstation one or PS2. Not the Nintendo DS. I don't know what that even is. But short to say, is that Square let's the loyal PS-players just alone, by bringing on a completly other console. I don't about what they think, but can't they just bring it on more console at the same time?

Loyal PS players huh... sorry to dissapoint you but there were loyal nintendo players of Square before PS ever came along. It's deserving to be on DS, plus I think IV, V, VI will all eventually be released portable as well maybe even on the DS, so all FF games 1-6 would be available on Nintendo DS!!!

Super Christ
10-23-2004, 11:05 AM
I wish it were coming out for the PS as well, but not because I care about the whole series being on the PS or anything - rather, it's because, like Kishi said, one of the great things about Origins was the orchestrated music. I think FF3 has one of the best soundtracks in the series; good enough that I'll happily listen to most if it in it's 15 year old NES synth glory. Eternal Wind is easily the best overworld theme in my opinion, and the Invincible is one of the best airship themes. It'd be awesome to hear a PS quality version of the soundtrack while playing the game.

DJZen
10-27-2004, 04:16 AM
I guess you're right, unless 'or something' includes kidnapping one's dog, which they have done in the past, resulting in the purchase of my Vitrual Boy.

YOU TOO? OMG!!!!!

I think that the music quality on DS is going to be better than people are anticipating. When people think portable gaming, they think bleepy FM synth. Although the GBA's sound hardware is just short of being SNES capable, it's still fairly good. Now keep in mind that the GBA isn't even remotely cutting edge handheld technology. We have mp3 players the size of a stick of gum. I'm positive that the audio capabilities of the DS will be suprising for a handheld game system.

XxSephirothxX
12-14-2004, 02:13 AM
I believe it has two speakers (one on each side of the top screen) so we should be able to get some good stuff out of it. And who's better than Square at pushing hardware to its limits?

abrojtm
12-14-2004, 05:08 AM
If I can say so myself, KH:CoM had awesome music and accurately rendered sound for a GBA game.

commodorejohn
12-14-2004, 07:35 AM
The GBA sound hardware has a lot of potential, as can be seen in GoldenSun. As long as Square avoids a few common pitfalls (like using a square channel for the basslin instead of a real bass,) the sound quality should be great.
As to the game itself, I expect that they will be doing to it what they did to FFI & FFII. They were even working on a Wonderswan version of III. As long as they don't try to overuse the gimmick hardware on the DS, it should be awesome.

Mage_of_Fire
12-21-2004, 03:06 AM
i think they should release it on the playstation portable. It is (I think) better than the DS anyway. They should release it on both.

Ieatyourchildren
01-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Alright, well, actually, I just got a DS, along with Mario64 DS, and, the DS has graphics quality just ABOVE an N64, so, we may even see an ff7 on the DS.

rubicant
02-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Yeah, Gamespot has something on this too, in the DS launch games news link. It is FFIIIj! No American release has been mentioned but....Square Enix would be INSANE not to bring it across the pond.

Yay! I've been waiting to play this game for a looooong time. :D

I was skimming through this topic so I don't know if anyone has said this yet. So here goes. In the latest Nintendo Powers under the upcoming releases FF III is listed for the NDS.

DJZen
02-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Um, yeah, that's what this thread is about....

Citizen Bleys
02-09-2005, 04:11 PM
If they release 4-6 on DS, I might think about it, but for now I think I'll stick with GBA, it's $100 cheaper.

rubicant
03-20-2005, 03:52 AM
Um, yeah, that's what this thread is about....

I posted that because there was speculation if it was coming to America. My God :rolleyes2 .

Excelsior
03-20-2005, 07:43 AM
im glad that FF3 was coming to america, but honestly, i really dont want it to come out on DS. or PSP for that matter. they both have absolutely no games that im intrested in at all. even the games that are coming out later (exept FF3 obviously) i have zero intrest in. maybe if i wait a while thell make some big square collector pack on PS3 which will have FF1-9 or something like that. god knows the discs will be able to hold it all anyway.

liknsmak
03-20-2005, 05:28 PM
I always wanted to play a final fantasy with touch screen menus. :D

Duncan
03-26-2005, 04:10 AM
Never liked the whole touch screen thing. I have no desire to get a DS, not even with this news. I don't own a handheld and if I were to get one right now I'd get a PSP or even a GBA before I got a DS. For some reason the DS seems to 'gimmicky' for me. And yes I would prefer that they release FFIII on a console (not to picky about which one either, I just want to sit on my couch and look at my TV not some tiny little handheld)

TurkSlayer
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
I really don't want it on DS either. Nor do I really want it on PSP, however if I had to choose it would be PSP. The whole two screen thing bugs me and its WAY to expensive for me to buy right now. And, if I did have the money to buy one, I'd probably turn around and get a PSP. It seems to have more potential to me in making good games. All the games on DS right now just bug me. However, I really wish to play FFIII, so I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.

nirojan
04-12-2005, 02:43 AM
Most of the games are probably gonna come out for PSP not DS!!!

:shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

KentaRawr!
04-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Well, They are helping get the DS Online too. And they are making Seiken Densetsu DS and FF:Crystal Chronicles DS... o_O

If they do remake most of the games, I think they will be on the DS. Since Sony kind of forced Square to stop making copies of the Ps2 version of FFXI. >_< Maybe the President of Square is thinking: "How can we trust them if they went and did THAT?..." or something. Or Nintendo Payed square...(Note: This is just a Possibility! No one has confirmed this!!)

Or maybe they think that RPG's would be better on the DS. o.o They kinda would. The Touch Screen can be used for Menu's, making the Menu's somewhat more convenient. I also heard that the PSP Battery Life is Shorter than the DS's Battery Life. And RPG's usually consume a lot of time.

(Note, I am not trying to insult the PSP in any way.)

DJZen
04-18-2005, 08:06 PM
if I had to choose it would be PSP. The whole two screen thing bugs me and its WAY to expensive for me to buy right now. And, if I did have the money to buy one, I'd probably turn around and get a PSP.

DS: $149.99 on EBGames.com
PSP: $249.99 on EBGames.com

plus which, DS apparently has some sorta $30 voucher for games.

Fireblade13
04-19-2005, 08:57 PM
DS all the way here. Ds is 100 dollars cheeper built in memory card and plays GBA games. Although I would rather have 3 come for GBA instead of Ds. I don't own it but I am doing one of those crooked free game console offers. To court!

KentaRawr!
04-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Well, you will be able to have the First Three FF games in one gaming system at the same time. o_o Maybe you will unlock something in FF3 if you have beaten FF 1 and 2. o.o Though, FF 1 and 2 would have to be in the GBA slot at the time for it to work.

DJZen
04-24-2005, 07:16 PM
DS all the way here. Ds is 100 dollars cheeper built in memory card and plays GBA games. Although I would rather have 3 come for GBA instead of Ds. I don't own it but I am doing one of those crooked free game console offers. To court!

Heh, I actually tried that the other day, it refused to get past the third service screen and instead said that I qualified for other free gifts. Now it's just a matter of cancelling my gamefly account... Never EVER try to do this. There is no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Just wait for used ones to start showing up. It'll be even more ridiculously cheap.

Fireblade13
06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Well, you will be able to have the First Three FF games in one gaming system at the same time. o_o Maybe you will unlock something in FF3 if you have beaten FF 1 and 2. o.o Though, FF 1 and 2 would have to be in the GBA slot at the time for it to work.
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Maybe they will allow you to put the FF3 classes on 1! and make summon shops and you could show no mercy and there would be more class changes as the chrystal upgrades.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-01-2005, 09:16 PM
GBA cartridges unlock things in DS games, not the other way around.

The Time Assassin
06-13-2005, 12:07 AM
I just want Chrono Trigger and FFVI on the same cartrige.

I won't even get this game probally, as I can just emulate it on my PSP. =P

RedCydranth
06-15-2005, 08:02 AM
I've been waiting for FFIII to come on a console since they started making the Early FF remakes for PS1. I really though they could put FF III in Origins. But I was disappointed. Then I heard about DoS. I already have origins, so DoS really never piqued my interest, but I own a GBA SP and I thought, Okay, I can handle FF3 on GBA, Bring it on square! But no, with this announcement I am utterly disappointed. I heard about it a while back, just never posted my thoughts. The DS is in my opinion the stupidest idea Nintendo has come up with yet. Its completely unneccessary. Anything that can be done RPG wise on a touch screen can be done by pushing the D pad and A button. Sure its novel for Wario Ware, but not for RPGs. I'm not pleased with this.

With this said, I'll probably end up getting one because of FFIII, FFCCDS and Siken Dentetsu DS(if its actually coming out). Square and Nintendo, poop to you.

Buster Sword Strike
07-05-2005, 02:23 AM
I personnaly think it should come out for PS2 bundled with all 3 of the Final Fantasy Legends and Chrono Cross since DVD can hold so much Maybe even two disks? one with the games mentioned, the othe with plenty of Final Fantasy bonus material.

MoonZapdos
07-05-2005, 11:44 PM
:D

Erdrick Holmes
07-06-2005, 02:35 AM
Thye better relelase this in the US soon. FFIII was probably the best one so far.

Krylon
07-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Thye better relelase this in the US soon. FFIII was DEFINATELY the best one so far.Corrected...

This slightly scares me:
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2005/070505a.html

Square must think that since it's the last re-release game for now, they should throw around some completely new twists and see if it sells good or gets good feedback. I credit them for trying new things but...
PLEASE, OH PLEASE DON'T RUIN MY PRECIOUSSSS FF3!!! ;)

Kawaii Ryűkishi
07-09-2005, 08:04 AM
If they do throw in any new features like that, you'll probably be able to turn them off, like in Origins.

MagusBoy
07-31-2005, 08:35 PM
I guess I'm gonna join the whining. I just got a GBA for Christmas and got KH:CoM and FFO, why should I need to get ANOTHER console just to play that ONE game (FFIII) I can't get anywhere else (and actually comprehend the spoken stuff ;)

SirJanyse
08-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Ah dang. No FF 3+4 like I'd hoped...
5 and 6 will take them forever...

Dark Jaguar
08-03-2005, 07:19 AM
Well that's interesting... RPGamer has been on top of FF3 announcements forever, though each and every past iteration has been cancelled :D.

Well anyway, as predicted they are going all crazy go nuts with changing around FF3. The one thing I ask is for an "original" mode. They did that fairly well in Origins (though some of the changes were permanent like the equipment system change in FF1), but in DOS they didn't let you "turn off" anything. They could have at least stuck in the original games in emulated form like with Metroid Zero Mission... This time, with as different as this game may be, options to turn off during the game probably won't be doable. However, an "original mode" option whenever you select "new game" that determines everything from the start but can't be changed should be. If they don't feel like doing that, then at least give us the original game emulated. I really would like to check out that game as it was originally.

DJZen
08-03-2005, 09:49 PM
I guess I'm gonna join the whining. I just got a GBA for Christmas and got KH:CoM and FFO, why should I need to get ANOTHER console just to play that ONE game (FFIII) I can't get anywhere else (and actually comprehend the spoken stuff ;)

That's the nice thing, you don't have to buy it.

Anything that can be done RPG wise on a touch screen can be done by pushing the D pad and A button.

You're not very familiar with the tech demos Square made for SGI, are you... One of them (I forget which, possibly Chocobo De Battle) used the mouse as the primary command interface in battle. There were no menus. The shape that you "drew" with the mouse determined the command (I believe a star summoned Bahamut). Using a stylus opens up a LOT more possibilities than just selecting things from a menu, and word is that the main use of the stylus will be for an all new mini-game. There's more to the DS than just two screens and a touch pad too. Let's not forget about the microphone. Imagine if you had to sing to actually make the bard attack. Now that would be hilarious :D

abrojtm
08-04-2005, 05:04 AM
I can see it now:
A minigame-esque screen appears!
Match Pitch, Note, Key, and Tempo!!

For Dragoons, you actually have to jump on your DS repeatedly for them to perform "Jump" :).

Magaso
08-05-2005, 06:10 PM

Yea! Maybe like...Unlocking FF4? That would be sweet.

Reine
08-19-2005, 10:52 AM
I also think they should have done something like 3 and 4 together. GBA can handle these games, I mean look at DoS! In my opinion, the only thing thats better in Origins is the music quality. Hmmm, FF5 and 6 together, so maybe FFMQ and Chrono Trigger together?

By the way, for the person who said that nothing on PSP interests him/her, have you not heard of FF7: Crisis Core? Thats the main reason I want to get one. At the moment there are two DS games that interest me: FF3, and Baten Kaitos DS. PSP however, where do I start?

DJZen
08-21-2005, 04:07 AM
There's not very much known about Crisis Core yet. It might be something to get excited about, it might not. If you want to know about some other good games for the DS that are coming out (and some you can only get through import), I'm willing to tell you, but this isn't the thread for that...

Vincentsinnerdemon
08-28-2005, 07:09 AM
if its gettin released then i will now be able to own all FF# games yay i couldnt own this cause due to the console it was on

Black Mage
10-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Final Fantasy III to use polygons for characters and fields.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/100505a.html

Interesting. Not necessarily a bad thing at all.

Destai
10-05-2005, 05:18 PM
Class. I'll definintely buy FFVI and probably pick up the other games also some time

ljkkjlcm9
10-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Dream come true man.... dream come true.... wonder what they'll add?!?!?!

THE JACKEL

DJZen
10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Final Fantasy III to use polygons for characters and fields.

I think a part of me just died...

Crossblades
10-06-2005, 02:47 PM
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff3ds/screens/ff3ds002.jpg
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/ff/ff3ds/screens/ff3ds001.jpg

omnitarian
10-06-2005, 03:34 PM
Holycrapthatsawesome. :hyper:

Lots of people have suggested that FFV or FFVI be remade into a "PSX-esque" 3D game. It looks like they're taking FF3 in this direction. It'll be interesting to see if the formula works.

Flying Mullet
10-06-2005, 03:37 PM
For some reason when people post image links from rpgamer it won't work for me. Can someone attach them to their post so I can join in on the fun?

Crossblades
10-06-2005, 03:52 PM
Here ya go! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/ff3ds001.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Crossblades/ff3ds002.jpg

Flying Mullet
10-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Nothing's showing up! :crying:

Crossblades
10-06-2005, 03:59 PM
But how come everyone else can see it? :confused:

Are you using Mozilla or Firefox?

Flying Mullet
10-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Firefox. I don't know why it won't behave today.

Bad browser! :smash:

Winter Nights
10-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Yah, Firefox has been acting twiggy for me too. I can't access certain sites anymore.

omnitarian
10-06-2005, 04:05 PM
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3896/ff3ds0013oe.jpg
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/629/ff3ds0029dq.jpg

Does that work?

Flying Mullet
10-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Thanks, that did work. I also had issues when someone posted an image of the upcoming GBA FFIV from RPGamer yesterday. I don't think my browser agrees with that site to well. :(

ThroneofDravaris
10-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Am I the only one having trouble making out what is happening in those picts?

ljkkjlcm9
10-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Am I the only one having trouble making out what is happening in those picts?
the first one looks like the character is talking to someone in a cave, the second one looks like battles

THE JACKEL

Flying Mullet
10-06-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah, the first one is when the kids first fall in the hole. The second one on the bottom is fighting the turtle in front of the crystal and the second one on the top is the party in a random encounter battle.

Craig
10-06-2005, 05:32 PM
Wow, I wasn't expecting that.

Captain Maxx Power
10-06-2005, 06:58 PM
IT'S 3D! BY THE BELLY OF BUDDHA!

boys from the dwarf
10-06-2005, 07:35 PM
so theyve remade FF3. i always somehow knew id have to get a DS sooner or later. is it exactly the same almost. same bosses same srorie and only a few extras nothing took out? plz say it is!

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Wow, the 3D looks a lot better than I thought it would.

Threads merged.

Jowy
10-09-2005, 08:19 AM
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2005/10/05/h-103_44284_FFIII2.jpg.jpg

Official logo.

Ciretho
10-09-2005, 09:59 AM
FF3! Finally! And in 3d! Can it get better than this?? Also, I hath a theory as to why it is on the NDS (Nintento DS). They've already released one & two on the GBA so naturally they would want to continue in that vein. Also as the GBA is compatible with the NDS, that makes it even better(From their point of view) It's like how they released the FF's on the PS1 and then the PS2. Still, It would've made sense for them to release it on the PSP mainly because it can do more in terms of sheer grunt.

DJZen
10-09-2005, 10:04 PM
DUDE I TOTALLY CALLED THE LOGO!!!!! :D

Okay, so I got the colors wrong, but just TELL me I didn't get the image right!!!

Crossblades
10-09-2005, 11:41 PM
That's an awesome logo

boys from the dwarf
10-10-2005, 04:42 PM
nice logo. i take it this is the FF3 that doesnt have locke and terra E.C.T because i was beggining to worry that theyd remade FF6 but as the one that wasnt released in most locations named FF3.

Flying Mullet
10-10-2005, 04:54 PM
No, but FF6 is being remade for GBA as well: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=71439

Dreddz
10-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Im so smurfed off now
*holds PSP*

Necronopticous
10-10-2005, 06:42 PM
I'm in love and it's a sunny day.

DJZen
10-10-2005, 07:04 PM
*instrumental for 4 bars then repeat chorus*

Yes, awesome logo, but I like the way my version looked better. I went with orange for the color scheme and placed the background picture so that it went below the underline of the title.

Crossblades
10-30-2005, 03:36 PM
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2005/102905b.html

In a recent interview with Famitsu, Square Enix's Hiromichi Tanaka discussed in depth just how fully Final Fantasy III DS is being remade over its NES version. While it has been known since Nintendo's DS conference that the game's graphics would be overhauled to 3D, Tanaka revealed that it isn't just the graphics that will be modified, but also the story, characters, and gameplay.

Tanaka, who serves as executive producer on Final Fantasy III DS and was also one of the three planners on the original Final Fantasy III, remarked that the original game was very advanced for the NES, and so he wants to maintain that advanced feel on the DS by giving players a much greater gaming experience.

The original Final Fantasy III starred four nameless, interchangable Onion Kids with identical sprites and lacking distinct personalities. By contrast, the Nintendo DS remake will develop the characters into unique individuals, each with their own character designs and sprites, and with newly developed identities and personalities that will tie into the story of the game, which is accordingly being further fleshed out.

As to Final Fantasy III DS's gameplay, Tanaka commented that his staff is adjusting the balance of the job system to add greater usability to some classes, which will ultimately allow players greater choices in how they play the game. Additionally, Tanaka wants to utilize the unique abilities of the Nintendo DS, and so the touch screen capabilities will be fully integrated into the game. While it won't be necessary, gamers will have the option of playing Final Fantasy III DS entirely through touch controls. Tanaka is also planning on adding some use of the DS's wireless connectivity for some side bonuses outside of the game's main story.

Final Fantasy III DS currently has no Japanese release date, nor has a North American localization been announced. Final Fantasy III is the sole remaining numbered Final Fantasy game to never see a release across the Pacific, though, so gamers who have long been eager to see this particular game in action should keep their fingers crossed.

Oh man, I now want this game more than ever

DJZen
10-30-2005, 09:54 PM
So... the Bard/Geomancer/Scholar/Conjurer combo won't be as funny anymore? :(

Seriously though, this is great news. I'm really looking forward to this more than ever, and I see now more than ever just how badly I need a DS :)

eestlinc
10-31-2005, 04:49 AM
*merges in latest thread*

that's awesome. I'd almost buy a DS for this and some other games.

Reine
11-14-2005, 12:32 PM
I still think there should be a 2-D version, like a "classic" version. In 3-D it just wont be the same

DJZen
11-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Nope, it won't, that's for sure. And that's okay. Change is the way of the universe.

Reine
11-17-2005, 04:34 AM
Funny, everywhere I look, I see people complaining about the 3-D version. Why doesnt Square listen for once?

ljkkjlcm9
11-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Funny, everywhere I look, I see people complaining about the 3-D version. Why doesnt Square listen for once?
because I think the 3-d thing will work really well. I mean, it looks good. Plus adding personality to the characters and depth to the story.... I don't see any harm in it, I felt that was what lacked about the game, any character depth. That was a step back from FFII.

THE JACKEL

vampirepiggyhunter7
11-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Man, I can't wait for screenshots.

:choc2: I'm new in this forum. I have found some screnshots, on I think IGM... It looks like FFCC, and is, Checkit , 3D!

TowerSheep
01-03-2006, 12:16 AM

Now you know how I felt when the went from Super Nintendo to PS. I was hearbroken, not to mention, after buying playstation I was horrible disappointed. Since FF VI there has been no good games. I'm telling you, unlinke PS, Nintendo has only come out with 2 bad FF's(Adventure and Quest).

Dreddz
01-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Are there any clips for the game yet ?
Im still deciding if this is worth getting a DS over, and sigh, turning to nintendo........

DJZen
01-05-2006, 03:36 AM
Now you know how I felt when the went from Super Nintendo to PS. I was hearbroken, not to mention, after buying playstation I was horrible disappointed. Since FF VI there has been no good games. I'm telling you, unlinke PS, Nintendo has only come out with 2 bad FF's(Adventure and Quest).

Nintendo didn't make either of those, Square did.

vampirepiggyhunter7
01-05-2006, 05:46 AM
Dude youve got it all wrong. What was VI in Japan was III in america. The one with Kefka. And they're remake the real FFIII (the one never released in America, with the onion knights) for the DS completely redone in 3d.
Please learn to get your facts straight.

moogle maniac
01-05-2006, 05:50 AM
I cant wait for final fantasy 3 i just got an nintendo ds so i am extremely happy he he he hehhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................

Rase
01-05-2006, 07:03 AM
Dude youve got it all wrong. What was VI in Japan was III in america. The one with Kefka. And they're remake the real FFIII (the one never released in America, with the onion knights) for the DS completely redone in 3d.
Please learn to get your facts straight.

That was kinda stated in the second post of this thread, back in October of '04, so you're a tad late on bringing that up.

Anyway, from what I've seen in images, this is looking to be yet another good reason for getting a DS. I'm hoping they get around to releasing some gameplay footage sometime, but yeah, this may just make me stop being so stingy and buy a DS.

Rogue
01-07-2006, 04:27 AM
oh my gosh sweet awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait

ljkkjlcm9
01-07-2006, 08:24 AM
That was kinda stated in the second post of this thread, back in October of '04,

Wow, did I really start this thread in '04, Why must games take so long to make? and I guess I've been a member here a good while then...

THE JACKEL

PramTheOracle
01-21-2006, 10:38 PM
No More funny Hats for Onion kids :(

NeW2FF
02-09-2006, 12:02 AM
you may want to wait, because the ds lite will be coming out on march 2nd in Japan and soon after in America/Candada. It is supposed to be lighter and easier to carry, better button placement, and better battery power.

Carmilla
02-22-2006, 07:04 PM
I will be getting the new DS light and FF3 for sure.
But when the heck is FF3 going to be released?
There has been barely any news on the game this past year. :choc2:

DJZen
02-22-2006, 08:20 PM
probably a couple months after FFXII and KHII.

Carmilla
02-23-2006, 12:08 AM
probably a couple months after FFXII and KHII.

Thats a good point.
Releasing FF3 soon would hurt its sales along with DS sales.

After FF12 and KH2 sales start dying down then we will probably see FF3. I will be buying a DS just for the sole prupose of finally playing FF3. :mog:

DJZen
02-23-2006, 03:10 AM
Trust me, there's no shortage of good games for the DS.

Zeromus_X
02-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Are the design people for CC doing the graphics for this? They look similar...

Well, they'll make it easier, but I hope they don't ruin the midget/toad dungeons, or the giant rat. That was a challenge! (Even saving up the spell items, it was hard!)

But I hear that some of the original staff are supervising to make it stay true to the original, so maybe they'll not make it as ridiculously easy as DoS, or the "Advance" remakes? I hope not, but they most likely will be... :cat: :(

Momiji
02-26-2006, 02:14 AM
I still think there should be a 2-D version, like a "classic" version. In 3-D it just wont be the same

I say they put both on the same cartridge. I mean, the original NES version can fit on a floppy disk. I'm sure Square/Nintendo can fit it in a DS cart.

DJZen
02-26-2006, 02:47 AM
We'd all appreciate that, probably, but the likelihood of it is low. Japanese gamers have already had FFIII on the FC for a decade and a half now. It's old news. Uninteresting. The 3D DS version is the new hotness for Japanese gamers. Since this game is being made for the Japanese market, it's less likely that they'll include the FC version as an extra. Even if they should.

sphinxgaara
03-03-2006, 01:28 AM
Im aplogize if this is already mentioned in other topics

Well im sure some of you or quite a lot of know that the original final fantasy 3(not US version) which was only release in japan is actually in english and can be played as a ROM with a NES emulator.

The fact being is it was translated by fans who got hold of the japenses version not because it's coming on DS

Im playin it at the moment and its cool if anyone wants to knw where to get it PM me cheers

DJZen
03-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah, that's really old news. Most of us have already played through the translated ROM. However, SE has made it clear that the DS version will be VERY different.

sphinxgaara
03-06-2006, 09:59 PM
i kinda doupt that whats the point of changing it. only thing different wil be the colouring updated graphics that be it really

DJZen
03-07-2006, 04:07 AM
No it's going to be VERY different....

The DS's stylus will be used in some form, SE has stated this much.
The entire game is going to be in 3D instead of sprites. This is a DRASTIC change.
The 4 youths are given personalities. Again, a DRASTIC change.
Jobs have been changed around so that you don't wind up with 3 awesome jobs and 10 crippled ones come endgame.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but those 4 things right there should really tell you just how much they're changing things.

Slam Dancin' Moogle
04-10-2006, 05:36 AM
Aww, I wanted the Onion Knights to be like they were in the original Famicom version, with the hats and armor... :(

Well, I hope it doesn't come out too soon, I need to get a job first :eep:

Orophin
04-22-2006, 10:00 PM
There is 6 new scan on the net right now.

http://ffworld.com/?rub=news&page=voir&id=403

DJZen
04-23-2006, 01:08 AM
Actually it turns out that onion knight is going to be a separate job in this game.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-23-2006, 04:18 AM
The main characters' new names appear to be Runes, Arku, Lefia, and Ingz.

Zeromus_X
04-23-2006, 04:51 AM
So, the orphans aren't going to be all-male anymore? Unless they're all just long-haired bishies or something. :cat:

Hmm, maybe they'll put more character development for them, although I kinda liked it when they didn't have names. :cat:

Kishi, what picture has their names on it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-23-2006, 05:22 AM
Their names are used throughout the six scans linked above. They're in Japanese, though; my romanizations are highly unofficial.

im_mrbrightside20
06-20-2006, 11:24 AM
hey guys i have a DS and im so excited for FF3 but see i want to play the original and i downloaded it once be4 and played a little to like the place were u shrink haha i kno so far lol

but then sumthing happened to my computer and like it got erased and now i cannot find a FF3 that isn't the one with terra and all them u kno OUR ff3 so can someone help me get a ROM that is the ff3 that was never released here i wanna beat it be4 i beat the one for DS =)

Lexy
09-13-2006, 07:36 PM
I got the game a few days ago, and it is absolutely glorious. I just got to the village of ancients. I am just blown away...it is so ridiculously good! :D

undnce
09-26-2006, 09:15 PM
I got the game a few days ago, and it is absolutely glorious. I just got to the village of ancients. I am just blown away...it is so ridiculously good! :D

stop it :sweat: ur makin me want to fly to japan for it.

--One Winged Angel--
10-03-2006, 05:20 AM
im not sure if its been asked or not.....but is it going to be released in PAL territories at the same time as the US version.

Trance_Kuja
10-03-2006, 05:23 PM
No EVEN though it was CONFIRMED as a September release in the UK, but it was pushed back to who knows. Just import it, i am.

--One Winged Angel--
10-04-2006, 12:39 AM
damn that sucks. we get the ass end of everything

~SapphireStar~
10-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Just buy the American version. Thats what Im doing. Screw waiting for the Uk release.

Paul
10-28-2006, 07:43 PM
my sister got a DS today! yesss... i'm gonna wait for the PAL release, but at least now i can get this.

Kryton87
10-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I was thinking of doing an FF3 walkthrough, make it all nice with pictures and databases and all that. But with the DS version coming out soon thats gonna change a lot about the game, so would there still be a point? I can't easily get DS screenshots... Not unless I mind them coming from a digital camera. (too many intermediums if you ask me)

undnce
11-03-2006, 12:19 AM
I was thinking of doing an FF3 walkthrough, make it all nice with pictures and databases and all that. But with the DS version coming out soon thats gonna change a lot about the game, so would there still be a point? I can't easily get DS screenshots... Not unless I mind them coming from a digital camera. (too many intermediums if you ask me)

I would wait untill the official guide comes out then you can get some data from there... but that kinda defeats the point

Paul
11-25-2006, 08:40 PM
i'm importing it now. square europe are a joke.

Nightmare of darkness
12-02-2006, 07:42 PM
how do u beet the last boss

Kryton87
01-15-2007, 08:02 AM
I realize this post is old, but I took a Devout and a Sage, both with Haste, and a Ninja and Knight. Then I threw shurikens at the main boss, and attacked with the Knight, while hasting everyone in the party and healing every round. Two healers really help with that.

Falconer
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
IF you have a level 99 Onion Knight with a Job level of 99, a Ninja with the same levels, a Devout and a Magus at the same levels, it'll be a piece of cake. Heal every turn, use elixirs when needed. Use your most powerful spells, or use a Summoner instead of a Magus and summon Bahamut and Leviathan every turn. Catastro doesn't work against high level bosses. Onion Knights have access to all white magic as well so if you loose your healer, use your Onion Knight's Arise to revive him, and there you are.

Mufy_BoyGhost
03-11-2007, 01:46 PM
damn it i keep losing to this like. . . demon bird

Garnie
03-11-2007, 02:19 PM
brillient. i have a DS. i allready own IV! wasnt vagrent wings supposed to be coming out on DS?

Crossblades
03-11-2007, 04:19 PM
brillient. i have a DS. i allready own IV! wasnt vagrent wings supposed to be coming out on DS?

It's Revenant Wings and yes it is coming out for the DS

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92817

Roogle
04-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Final Fantasy III has been released on the Nintendo DS in all regions: NTSC, PAL, and... what was the other one?

Please begin a new topic to discuss any issues brought up in this thread which are still relevant to today.